What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
The Nines is fine. It's a good introduction for the young guys with not a lot at stake.

But the key thing is we need a coach who can identify which guys are ready and which are not. Cleary and Bird for instance were ready from the get go and have benefitted immensely from FG experience.

Yet a guy like Cherry Evans spent a whole season in Qld cup before leading Manly to the premiership his rookie year. Every player's development is different and it's up to the coaching staff to manage it correctly.
Exactly right.

A great coach and staff can identify and blood talent in a careful and staged approach that keeps a kid developing and not leave them wanting to leave. Bennet brought the whole bronco junior pathway system to saints and since he left, well surprise surprise but we inevitably screwed it all up - because a system (just like a great machine) is only as good as its operator.

That aspect of smithy and browny we miss as they are both strong in that aspect of coaching.

MCGregor is very strong, to be fair, at deflection. He is the best deflector in the business.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
I'm voting as someone let this thread slip to the middle of the page.

If your on this forum mcidiot rest assured this post stays at the top until someone throws your dumb useless ar$e out of our great club once and for all.

I vote for tomorrow.

SaintHarry

Juniors
People think getting rid of mary is the answer without not knowing what is to come .. did you ever think about who will replace him e.g Hornby .. young these are the duds who are next in line for the job they are the only kind of people willing to sacrifice because they played for this club other than that high profile coaches don't want to come to the club at this point in time proper coaches want to have control not be made a puppet which brings me to my next question ? Footballers aren't known for being smart given that which idiot would want to play for Stg right now?

Emu01

Juniors
Just keep Mary away from negotiations with Ben Hunt.

Hopefully Mark Coyne can bring a fellow Queenslander to the Dragons..

If Mary's involved he definitely won't be signing with the dragons.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just keep Mary away from negotiations with Ben Hunt.

Hopefully Mark Coyne can bring a fellow Queenslander to the Dragons..

If Mary's involved he definitely won't be signing with the dragons.

I'm pretty sure Coyne's committee wound up in November last year.

Bench
If Mary does get pushed during the season that leaves us with either Toovey or Cleary as unsigned coaches, would still like to see if we could get JD back

Latest posts