What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I can't believe this is how you guys treat your club legends. If Mary goes poor Payne and Hornby would have to take the poison chalice. You all said the same about Steve Price, now you all have eggs on your faces as he's helped Cronulla to break their drought.

Besides, there's not many good coaches available except for maybe one. That Demetriou fella from the Broncos.

Who's Payne you imbecile.
Stop showing us your a moron we new that allready

Gareth67

First Grade
Hi Gareth
Mary been to advance hair I see.
Yeah Yeah

Yeah , I knew that someone would spot the difference Sammy . When I first saw him , I thought that he had a bluudy squirrel on top of his noggin !

Still speaking as one whom is a bit thin on top myself , I can understand that he needs to keep his head warm on those bitter cold days , when the wind is blowing straight from the ocean down your way . I might get my darling Ethel to knit him a woollen beany .

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Yeah , I knew that someone would spot the difference Sammy . When I first saw him , I thought that he had a bluudy squirrel on top of his noggin !

Still speaking as one whom is a bit thin on top myself , I can understand that he needs to keep his head warm on those bitter cold days , when the wind is blowing straight from the ocean down your way . I might get my darling Ethel to knit him a woollen beany .

Hi Gareth
Can Ethel whip me up one to.
Gets cold down here sometimes.
But not like up your way.
Mate I can remember some cold nights where I was born that is Orange.

Gareth67

First Grade
Hi Gareth
Can Ethel whip me up one to.
Gets cold down here sometimes.
But not like up your way.
Mate I can remember some cold nights where I was born that is Orange.

Sammy , so your a country boy also ! I knew that there was something about you that was familiar . Orange eh ? Yeah I recall my folks taking me and the family up there one Easter when we were kiddies and as you say it is cold there in the winter .

We stayed in an old plywood caravan , and I don't think that any of us got any sleep .
Still . Lovely place , Mount Canobolis , the lake and the beautiful Botanical Gardens .
Never let go of your country up-bringing Sammy , that is something special .

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Stage 1 - acquisition of a halfback (check)
Stage 2 - sack McGregor
(not Yet)
Stage 3 - acquisition of a new coach.

Good post and I agree. Not to dampen the excitement, but we need a robust long term strategy and making one big name signing is not enough. It sadly masks (for some) the underlying inherent problems (even Rome had good news as it spiraled into decay).

I believe stage 2/3 is finally planned but even so a good Board should NEVER have put St George in this position. What happened at the end of 2016 with Cleary should be tabled for all to see.

One day, if we keep exposing the issues, I remain hopeful that further stages 4+ will follow to change the governance structure of our great club and remove the restrictiveness of the current Structure that the Board hide behind.

I dont the know the best catalyst for that change yet (possibly new ownership) but I do know that all true passionate fans will keep fighting.

We need an open and transparent governance so board members can be held to account for poor performance, just like all high performance governing bodies have in place.

The Board should also be held to account if they don't act on an underperforming CEO. The fact our Board has no separation from the CEO is a prime example of the corruption.

Further, the fact our Board let McG stay on as coach in 2017 and missed a great coach for this year also shows they are completely rudderless, leaderless and spineless.

We need real leaders. We need Real men.

St Georgio

Juniors
I kinda think that if they tell him that he won't be there and publicly announced they will be looking for an alternate coach for 2018, all pressure will be released, the players might perform better on a weekly basis and the best thing for Paul would be, to become smarter at what he does therefore placing in a good position to help Browny up at Newcastle.

Reactions: Qdf

Latest posts