What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

SBD82

Coach
MacGregor is just a goat coach. The Dragons are in no better position than when McGregor started.

That's the sign of a goat coach.:goat::goat:

Look at Brad Arthur at the Eels. They'd won 2 consecutive wooden spoons the previous years, and now look at the squad they've built.

This club is going to the goats.
Goat?!?

You know that stands for greatest of all time, yes?

BrissyRedV

Bench
Mary’s a bit less contrary
By Tony Adams

THOSE close to Paul McGregor believe the pressure got to the Dragons coach last year.

The constant speculation about his job – and the team’s losing season – made McGregor an angry man who regularly fired tirades at his players and coaching staff.

However, there’s been a marked change in the coach’s demeanour in the off-season.

“He’s like a different person,” a Dragons source tells RLW.

“He’s much calmer and more measured. Everyone has noticed.

“It’s helped in the build-up to the season. The club is a happier place and ‘Mary’ is much more focused on the job at hand.”

Star back-rower Tariq Sims has also noticed the changes.

“Last year Mary wanted to do everything and I think it got to him a bit,” Sims says.

“This year he’s delegating to his staff and just concentrating on coaching the team. I think he recognised that he took too much on last year and the pressure got to him a bit.

“He’s more composed this off-season and it’s a happier place to be as a result.

“This is a famous old club and expectations are high on us. We always seem to be under scrutiny and the supporters expect a lot of us – and we want to deliver for them. We’re happy with our preparation and think we’re set for a good season. We’re quietly confident of silencing the doubters.”

McGregor is still the favourite for first coach to be sacked this season, with the Dragons under huge pressure to turn their form around.

But he has far bigger problems to worry about, with his mother suffering a severe stroke recently.

Jean McGregor, 79, is in the critical care unit at Wollongong Hospital and the coach is spending every spare minute at her bedside.

Http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/marys-bit-less-contrary/

Isn't a proper coach supposed to shield his players from the pressure? A good coach knows his limitations and elevates as necessary. How is this guy still in charge?

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Mr Mc Gregor you must put the club ahead of yourself and step down now. The club has given you every opportunity and you have not been able to coach anywhere near the team's potential. You are embarrassing the yourself, the club, the team and the fans. For the good of the club hand in your resignation to Mr Doust tomorrow morning and let someone else take over the reigns.

FlameThrower

Bench
True but Widdop/ McCrone were woeful. Goaline defence terrible / who is the defensive coach? 2 weeks to try to sort this out before RD 1. off season looks to have been a waste of time too...

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
There is a reason this post has so many replies. There is a reason why I have pushed this thread so diligently.

I am completely dumbfounded by our Board and our CEO. At some point they must be called to account and must realise they are "appointed" with a responsibility to act in the best interests of their sponsors and supporters.

The sponsors and fans are the same people who provide the club with revenues and financial support. We have had enough of the biases, had enough of the job protection and had enough of sadly the corruptiox (if I use the full word they block me) that has infiltrated our grand hallways.

All of the true long term supporters just simply want the club to be strong, to have people in key roles who show leadership and to have intelligent people who know how to make the tough but smart decisions.

A sad sad time for a once mighty club.

John moz

Juniors
What a waste of 3 years for our club we are now favorites for wooden spoon.Mary you need to walk as of tomorrow morning we have seen all this again and again players dont respond to your leadership.

SaintHarry

Juniors
Get rid of the Cucken Funt why the hell is still even here ??? I don't care if it's just charity shield you can already tell we are going to struggle for points this season

Latest posts