What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

MilanDragon

Juniors
Did he make a difference in the backline?

"Tim's an exciting player and he was brought to the club to make a difference in the back line and he'll get that opportunity on Monday night to really finish the year strong. It's important you show the best version of yourself in the last few games because that's your lasting impression.

This is super coach talking about whom? Yep.. The 'tin man'.

"It's important you show the best version of yourself in the last few games because that's your lasting impression."

"Lasting impression" for what .. For the fans to take solace in over the next 12 months until we miss the finals again.

It's worse than I thought .. This guy is dim .. I thought it may have just been incompetence... But it's the quinella.

Surely a lasting impression is created by putting in every week .. Never giving up.. Achieving more than what people expected.. Making the fans proud that you represent them.

Anyway to answer the question .. Did he make a difference to the backline?

Yes he did, and I am sure Des is very happy about it.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ign-with-drew-hutchinson-20160828-gr2xoj.html

I read that as, McGregor wants him to leave a 'lasting' impression so another club will take him off our hands

Nothing to add, just keeping this thread up the top of the page so it's front and centre for all to see.

Let's see if this thread can get to the great numbers of "Craig Bellamy as Coach" and "Rangi Chase is coming".

St Georgio

Juniors
I read that as, McGregor wants him to leave a 'lasting' impression so another club will take him off our hands
Maybe Mary thinks he can become the next Sir Alex Ferguson who went on to win a number of Champions for Man U after having 3 years of nothing at the start.

Gareth67

First Grade
Maybe Mary thinks he can become the next Sir Alex Ferguson who went on to win a number of Champions for Man U after having 3 years of nothing at the start.

I see your point St.Gergio , however , sadly for us there is one big difference between the two and that is Sir Alex had plenty of hair covering his skull .

That hair cover stimulated Sir Alex's thought processes ,his logic , thus always ensuring that he came up with a winning formula .

With Mary there is no such cover , so whatever logic is there , quickly evaporates .

Gm5

Juniors
it's at that point where i don't care anymore, the players, board and coaching staff sure as f**k don't so why should we, the fans.

hazzbeen

Bench
Why is everyone still keep going on about sack McGregor bla bla. Whatever we say won't happen, unless one of us has the cash to pay out his contract, we all know we need a new coach
Yep we all know Alec but for some reason the board dont .....

monsterkev

Juniors
surely theres enough money to pay him out just like brisbane lions did today
maybe if we get toweled by the knights he has to go then

Lethal25

Juniors
I just keep wishing McGregor would take a leaf out of the mal meninga political play book and realise he's not up to it.

It's like a toddler trying to perform brain surgery

Incompetency is a double edged sword; not only do you make erroneous decisions and bad choices, but incompetence robs you of the chance to realise it.

Management will always rise to the level of their own incompetence.. The Peter Principle.

The selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively.

Unfortunately, you have defied this principle and promoted McGregor well above his station in life. (Remember Bennett punted him as S&C coach .. Not to be trusted.)

The result being you have now let this buffoon ruin the Club to a point where it may never be rebuilt.

I suggest the Board keep looking over their shoulder. The tipping point has been reached.

Walpole

Juniors
When Steve Price was sacked he had lost six of his last seven games with a for and against in those games of 90-208.

As of tonights debacle this clown has lost seven of his last eight with a for and against of 104-208. The players don't look interested, the game plan wouldn't be suitable for under 12s, the Benji situation has been turned into a circus, sounds like we're about to lose another top junior and we're probably no better than even money to beat the worst team in NRL history next week.

There's absolutely no justification for keeping him.

FlameThrower

Bench
When Steve Price was sacked he had lost six of his last seven games with a for and against in those games of 90-208.

As of tonights debacle this clown has lost seven of his last eight with a for and against of 104-208. The players don't look interested, the game plan wouldn't be suitable for under 12s, the Benji situation has been turned into a circus, sounds like we're about to lose another top junior and we're probably no better than even money to beat the worst team in NRL history next week.

There's absolutely no justification for keeping him.
Yes there is........that's how the Dragons roll....