What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Price, Dice Price, new coach etc...

gonz

Juniors
Yep written it off cause doust doesn't want to fork out !
Laurie Daley haha typical doust.

Even worse price staying shock horror, more marching on leagues rqd

rainman44

Bench
They don't seem to care about the fans, I'm really starting to get the shits with this club of ours, they keep wasting time, spoon is ours thanks to the boys club. I would love to knock that doust out and that's coming from a person that hates violence.

BrissyRedV

Bench
That seems very much the case. It is more about the money to them and not to please the fans who effectively employ them. From this to the moving of home games to other teams home venues, the club does not really give a shit.

Redvpassion

Juniors
Yep. Maybe they can't afford to pay out Price's meagre contract, but jesus christ how much money do you piss away by tanking yet another season? ?

We are a rabble

If Doust and co can afford to pay the reported $150,000 or $200,000 compo to the tigers for benji, then I'm sure they can pay price out. Shouldn't be much anyway. One would think.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Yep. Maybe they can't afford to pay out Price's meagre contract, but jesus christ how much money do you piss away by tanking yet another season? ?

We are a rabble

Money should not be an issue really because they would only have to pay out up to the end of his contract this year which he will get paid one way or the other. I can only assume they do not think Mary will make much of a difference if he is in charge over Price.

BrissyRedV

Bench
If Doust and co can afford to pay the reported $150,000 or $200,000 compo to the tigers for benji, then I'm sure they can pay price out. Shouldn't be much anyway. One would think.

That I believe was more a commercial deal, splitting gate takings or something like that.

Minh

First Grade
This club is now a joke management and coaches all soft........

If a horse breaks down they put it the damn out of it's misery.

BrissyRedV

Bench
This club is now a joke management and coaches all soft........

If a horse breaks down they put it the damn out of it's misery.

Don't forget the forwards, they soft like marshmallows. If only one of them would step up and run hard at the line. But alas, that is too much to ask.

blacksafake

First Grade
Why Daley?
Is it because he'll be the cheapest available that'll do me if so. How can they be impressed with how he has coached nsw which is vastly different from coaching NRL on a weekly basis.Even I could do it & get the same results. At least Mary will be kept on as he is one of Daleys assistants in soo.Another problem is if he turns them down we are left with Price if it's all about the $$

GT0007

Juniors
Why Daley?
Is it because he'll be the cheapest available that'll do me if so. How can they be impressed with how he has coached nsw which is vastly different from coaching NRL on a weekly basis.Even I could do it & get the same results. At least Mary will be kept on as he is one of Daleys assistants in soo.Another problem is if he turns them down we are left with Price if it's all about the $$

I'd be happy with Daley as he's intelligent and a very experienced footballer. Has a good demeaner for a coach as well. I mentioned him months ago but didn't think at all it was a possibility

blacksafake

First Grade
I'd be happy with Daley as he's intelligent and a very experienced footballer. Has a good demeaner for a coach as well. I mentioned him months ago but didn't think at all it was a possibility

Can't really disagree too much with you there GT however there is a huge difference with weekly NRL compared to soo. He is also like by the media as well which can or cannot be an advantage some may go soft with him if he fails & there is always the chance of leaks coming out of the club because I think he can be a bit too friendly with some journos.Having said all that would he be an upgrade on Price ? More than likely.

Smurf

Juniors
The most annoying and frustrating part of the this whole
saga is that 99% of us all saw the writing on
the wall towards the end of last season
It is mind blowing ( to most of us ) that nothing
has changed.
We needed to make a call and employ a top line
coach last year.
To Doust's credit we did entice some
good signings but and it's a huge "but" the decision to
keep Price has been diabolical
They say they have given him ( and staff. ) some
strict KPI's - well unless losing and annoying us is one
of them - then they have all failed.
We need to stand down Price immediately ( maybe he
could be the assistant coach ) or am I mad ?
Then take positive action and employ Smith or
Henry ---- Now !

RedPenno

Juniors
why can't they let price coach the jersy flegg & move millwood up for the rest of the year until a new coach is appointed. all still employed by the dragons, all getting paid.