What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack soward

ozbuck

Juniors
Yes and inability to convert tries with a goal is not helping us......

Absolutely. The extra 2-4 points from the conversions would've given a different complexion on the game.

Soward is definitely down on goal kicking confidence. He needs to work on this.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I think everyone needs to look at our forward pack...they are soft. I keep reading what a great forward pack we have...well I think half of them are overrated at the moment and are giving away far too many soft metres, dropping lots of ball and giving away dumb penalties.

It seems to me most of our tries are coming as a result of Sowards involvement in some capacity, whetehr a kick, cut out pass os similar.

The forwards are the problem...even allowing for our lack of attack in the backs. Unless we get a solid foundation up front with good defence we are no chance...

totally agree!! its quiet pathetic everyone blames soward, hes the one who set up the trys this week and last week, just because we lost doesnt mean its hes fault we should have easily put more points on them, they got consecutive penaltys and thats what cost us the game discipline! OUR FORWARDS GAVE AWAY WAY TO MANY PENATIES! and also david taylor running 3 metres in front of the ref to make that intercept which i think we would have scored, but anyway dugan will most likely play next week and i think once we get morris back we will fly under the raydar and make the 8 we got the power to do so but if we keep giving penalties away and not defending well obviously were going to get smashed.

This IS the reason why we lost the game. Too many penalties against us cost us any sort of momentum. Not Soward. He played ok. I would not accuse him of playing with no heart, let alone being the reason why we lost the game. His one on one defence will always be his achilles heel, but that was always well managed by previous coach and team-mates.

And...

Bloody hell John Cartwright - forget whinging that the disallowed try was a travesity, I think at least half of the penalties awarded against Dragons, but not reciprocated for similar Titans offences, throughout the game, was a greater travisty.

...better team lost !!!!!

Yes i really thought Soward did try today, he's just in form, but as they say you are only as good as the players around you. Yes, his kicking is off, but at least he acknowledged that and gave Stanley a chance to kick. I thought his decision to throw it out to Vidots wing in the last few minutes, rather than trying to even it up with a field goal was poor...but like you said, we can't just blame him.
i was frustrated with all the drop ball from the forwards.

I also thought the commentators were biased on their call. They focused too much on the Zilman try that was disallowed, but then the ball wouldn't have even been down that end of the field if David Taylor had been called offside when he was clearly offside!..we get a penalty down there, and close to the line too, could have been a different story!

Biased Commentators ? ...ain't that the truth.

Fairdinkum, listening to Wally Lewis trying to lend some sort of legitimacy to Dave Taylor's one thousand meters off side, claiming that 'he started his run when the ball hit the ground' instead of calling it what it was - BLATANT offside was really poor commentry.

64 Dragon

Coach
The ball has to clear the play the ball before the defence can move. Wally, the wally, got it wrong

Como Connection

First Grade
Stop using soward as the f**king scapegoat after every loss!
It's hard to be effective with fien as your half back, he offers nothing and the communication between him, stanley and frizell on that right edge is pathetic.
You are kidding, less than a minute to go in the first half, Jamie, I don't wont to be tackled, passed the ball, penalty 2 points, leave me out of him forever now !!
Fien has a go all day, not Jamie. F him off, I said this last week.

TheRev

Coach
- What was Soward blowing up about after fulltime? Was it Rein he was yelling at?

- Also, I was confused why they gave 1 kick to Chase then took it back, seemed like some indecision there, cant be good for Soward or Chase's confidence.

vanilla gorilla

Juniors
I have to agree with the majority of comments on this forum. But you can't hide the fact we are 9 rounds into the season and we have the 2nd worst attack, and the 3rd worst defence. Never a good combination but it is apparent to me after sitting in the crowd today with other Red V members that the majority of of problems from last year still remain. If you can't score points or defend against them you are going to get taken to the cleaners. Changes need to be made and it will be interesting to see if coaching staff step up to the plate and do what is right for the team, the club, and their supporters or we will be consigned to oblivion once more in 2013

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I have to agree with the majority of comments on this forum. But you can't hide the fact we are 9 rounds into the season and we have the 2nd worst attack, and the 3rd worst defence. Never a good combination but it is apparent to me after sitting in the crowd today with other Red V members that the majority of of problems from last year still remain. If you can't score points or defend against them you are going to get taken to the cleaners. Changes need to be made and it will be interesting to see if coaching staff step up to the plate and do what is right for the team, the club, and their supporters or we will be consigned to oblivion once more in 2013

Well....we have basically the same players as last year, the same coach....what changes are you expecting? Not having a go at you mate but it was clear from the beginning of the season that we were going to struggle. We'll be lucky to beat Parra next week

I wanna congratulate all the Dragon's Fans in QLD, and those that travelled for making MORE NOISE THAN THE Titties fans!!!

GOODONYA !!!

vanilla gorilla

Juniors
I would start by not picking second rowers in the centres, that just does not work, that's been shown in the past. We have any number of backs at the club that would have set the game alight today, it was there for the taking. We have to put Drinkwater in at HB and leave him there. Move FIEN back to the bench for his utility value. Weyman is back so that will improve our go forward but he can't do it on his own. We need to set up a decent prop rotation for games to continue that go forward. Watching the game today I thought our attack was pedistrian. Mind you our defence was not much better

jezmond

Juniors
How about Sowards shocking hospital pass for Creagh to get smashed!

If i was Benny i would have torn Sowie a new one!

I would start by not picking second rowers in the centres, that just does not work, that's been shown in the past. We have any number of backs at the club that would have set the game alight today, it was there for the taking. We have to put Drinkwater in at HB and leave him there. Move FIEN back to the bench for his utility value. Weyman is back so that will improve our go forward but he can't do it on his own. We need to set up a decent prop rotation for games to continue that go forward. Watching the game today I thought our attack was pedistrian. Mind you our defence was not much better

I totally agree about persistently playing 2nd rowers in centres - it clearly aint working and I think is one reason why our attack stats are abysmal. It works if it is a big guy who is mobile and has X - factor.

It must also be demoralising for any junior would be centre to believe that 2nd rowers are better options.

FlameThrower

Bench
- What was Soward blowing up about after fulltime? Was it Rein he was yelling at?

- Also, I was confused why they gave 1 kick to Chase then took it back, seemed like some indecision there, cant be good for Soward or Chase's confidence.
Soward Blow up, was related to Titans players being offside. If we got nearly almost in front, get 2 points, we win.....

dragonrickjs

Juniors
You are kidding, less than a minute to go in the first half, Jamie, I don't wont to be tackled, passed the ball, penalty 2 points, leave me out of him forever now !!
Fien has a go all day, not Jamie. F him off, I said this last week.

That is my point he just won't have a go. The last 3 weeks combined he has had 6 hit up/runs. But we all know he won't run the ball so he is in the team for his kicking an goal kicking which I feel has been off. ( goal kicking has cost us in the last 2 weeks)

I'm not a fan of fein in the halves but at least he has a dig for a slow old man

TheRev

Coach
Yeah Soward looked like he was yelling at Rein, but possibly it was the ref and it was just a bad camera angle.

saint.nick

Coach
Gotta congratulate the saints fans at the game today. Looked like 70:30 saints fans...at a titans home ground...interstate! I've never seen another sydney club dominate a queensland crowd like we did today. We get a lot at broncos games too. Can anyone explain this big supporter base we have in south east queensland?

dragonv

Juniors
Gotta congratulate the saints fans at the game today. Looked like 70:30 saints fans...at a titans home ground...interstate! I've never seen another sydney club dominate a queensland crowd like we did today. We get a lot at broncos games too. Can anyone explain this big supporter base we have in south east queensland?

On any given day you will see more red v jerseys worn on the streets of GC than you will in the middle of Kogarah. Huge supporter base there.

Latest posts