What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack soward

nontime111

Juniors
Go jamie!!! Us real fans see your magic brother and the way you bleed for us every single minute of every game!!! Utter towering champion sowie one of the great dragons of all!!!!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
100% correct.

No-one will begrudge Steve Price for experimenting - and lots of it. The current situation of injuries, new comers and leavers - it couldn't be more appropriate.

:lol: You're new here aren't you? There is plenty of wrist slitting after every loss, it doesn't matter what the coach or players do, they have to be sacked or dropped... The person of choice is a nice little rotating schedule.

I have to laugh at all the idiots in this thread though, I'm sure there's even a few in here having conversations with their alter egos. I'm not sure what people expect when you concede twice as many penalties, give up an additional 300m, make a third more missed tackles and yet we lose by a point...

Find a scapegoat I guess... It doesn't change the fact that your halves aren't the ones giving the easy meters up the middle... We have to be the worst team in the comp at slowing the play the ball down... Until that's fixed, it wouldn't matter who your half is, they're getting a terrible platform to work with and winning would continue to be a lottery.

possm

Coach
:lol: We have to be the worst team in the comp at slowing the play the ball down... Until that's fixed, it wouldn't matter who your half is, they're getting a terrible platform to work with and winning would continue to be a lottery.

If as you say this is our main problem, please tell me who's job is it to fix this problem?

Puting it another way, with regards to this matter only, who is not doing their job and who is responsible for this?

gypsy

Bench
If as you say this is our main problem, please tell me who's job is it to fix this problem?

Puting it another way, with regards to this matter only, who is not doing their job and who is responsible for this?

Damn Pottor...

FundyDragon

Bench
Soward is not perfect, he is trying hard and has won us many many games. Yes he does resist taking on the line more often than I like. He is not the reason we are losing these close games. We need a couple of forwards to step up and show some aggression (like Weyman against Manly). Ball delivery from dummy half is fairly ordinary and stupid penalties we hand to the opposition.

Firey_Dragon

Coach

I don't know possm... Could be attitude, could be coaching, could be a whole range of things.

Sure as hell though, if you consistently make your halves work it from deep in their own end coupled with what has been extremely ordinary dummy half service... You'll lose more games than you win. The halves will get the blame though because they didn't take every opportunity that presents itself.

The team as a whole isn't functioning, to blame it on any specific player is foolish. We have problems defensively and offensively... Unfortunately our weak defence ensures that the weak offense has nothing to work with.

Soward or any other player who doesn't have a contract for next year is an easy target, it has little basis in reality however.

Mr Red

First Grade
. I'm not sure what people expect when you concede twice as many penalties, give up an additional 300m, make a third more missed tackles and yet we lose by a point... yep lose by a point to a team that was absolutley hopeless on the day.. poor defence, loss of discipline and getting dominated up the middle have been traits of the team for 18months.. where have you been???

We have to be the worst team in the comp at slowing the play the ball down...
Until that's fixed, it wouldn't matter who your half is, we are the worst at slowing the play the ball down, and in return have one of the slowest play the balls.. a trait that has also existed for 18months under Price's coaching..

once again the majority are not concerned with losing a game or two ..ITS THE MANNER IN WHICH WE ARE LOSING, AND THE COACH SEEMINGLY CLUELESS IN FIXING LONG TERM ISSUES.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I'm not sure what your point is Red?

You seem to be agreeing with everything I said, yet disagreeing at the same time?

I personally think Price is a poor coach, and the players look under-prepared. What I don't buy into is blaming individual players when the entire unit is functioning poorly.

jenninga

First Grade
Soward is not perfect, he is trying hard and has won us many many games. Yes he does resist taking on the line more often than I like. He is not the reason we are losing these close games. We need a couple of forwards to step up and show some aggression (like Weyman against Manly). Ball delivery from dummy half is fairly ordinary and stupid penalties we hand to the opposition.
For a frontline goalkicker ,Soward has been poor this year,so poor it has cost us games eg last sunday,one conversion and we win.Against Manly at least putting us 20-18 up could have made i big difference to the outcome.Against the Tigers we would have been more comfortable had he converted tries.
He has been a big reason we have been struggling,Fien is a stop gap half and we have needed more from Soward.

Minh

First Grade
Goal kicking is the problem but Soward's general play and kicking has still been pretty good. His effort is definitely still there.

Mr Red

First Grade
What I don't buy into is blaming individual players when the entire unit is functioning poorly.

i believe players like Morris, Nightingale, Merrin, Rein, Frizzell are playing out of their skins week in week out and should not be tainted in the same way as the under performing players:

Chase Stanley
Dan Hunt
Ben Creagh
Nathan Fien
Jamie Soward
Bronson Harrison

the players i have listed above IMO are not playing to the level required and rightfully so should be singled out. the good players shoud be given credit, and the poor players (especially Fien, Stanley and Harrison) who are clearly not part of the clubs plans long term should be moved aside and given some of the younger players who are part of the clubs long term plans a chance.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Soward last time I checked was only good for his kicking game. He does not take on the line, can't defend. Gave Creagh a beauty of a hospital pass because he did not want to get tackled. Putting in a couple of good kicks a game should not get you an auto selection. Green couldn't get another game and he scored 2 tries in his last game. Very inconsistent in team selections.

possm

Coach
i believe players like Morris, Nightingale, Merrin, Rein, Frizzell are playing out of their skins week in week out and should not be tainted in the same way as the under performing players:

Chase Stanley
Dan Hunt
Ben Creagh
Nathan Fien
Jamie Soward
Bronson Harrison

the players i have listed above IMO are not playing to the level required and rightfully so should be singled out. the good players shoud be given credit, and the poor players (especially Fien, Stanley and Harrison) who are clearly not part of the clubs plans long term should be moved aside and given some of the younger players who are part of the clubs long term plans a chance.

Right on the money; well said!

The Preacher

First Grade
Peaheart ? - No. Not fair to the man.

Must naturally be hard to stay focussed when you effectively have already been sacked!

Yes, a PEAHEART. I have seen it only very, very rarely, but Soward has shown time and time again that he is a frightened player.
No question about it. :(

TheRev

Coach
He hasnt run at the line like that (i.e. with genuine intent to actually try and break through) for a couple of years now, why i dont know because he still has enough speed to do it..

Maybe he doesnt think hes good enough anymore or hes just over getting hit?

Latest posts