What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack soward

dragonrickjs

Juniors
Seriously how much more of this p heart do we have to put up with?? He is even too gutless to take sideline conversions. The only thing keeping him in the team was his kicking game and that has off. He won't be with us next year let him rot in the cutters for the rest of the year.

dragonv

Juniors
Don't have the luxury to sack him but he is way off his game unfortunately. Otherwise we would have won the last two games.

dragondonar1

Juniors
he is lacking intensity just waiting for the year to end it seemed. probably pissed he didnt recieve offer from management.

OziDragon

Juniors
Seriously how much more of this p heart do we have to put up with?? He is even too gutless to take sideline conversions. The only thing keeping him in the team was his kicking game and that has off. He won't be with us next year let him rot in the cutters for the rest of the year.

100% AGREE WITH THIS. Price should use drinkwater or another young half and give them a taste of first grade. Soward ain't going to be at saints next year so why not use players that are going to be at the club next year.

dragonrickjs

Juniors
Time for drinkwater. Ready or not put him in we will never know how good or bad he is until we give him a good go at it.
Fein is too old and slow for halfback but at least he tries his guts out every week. Soward just refuses to have a go!

Minh

First Grade
We desperately need to kick those goals, costed us at least two games this season. We can't sack Soward though, he's our only real goal kicking and general play kicking option.

evil_p091280

Juniors
He still showed a bit of heart when he blew up at the end of the game.

Mind you, I was also pretty annoyed at the 3 Titan markers who went for the charge down... Usually a penalty I thought.

Dragons_Head

Juniors
Stop using soward as the f**king scapegoat after every loss!
It's hard to be effective with fien as your half back, he offers nothing and the communication between him, stanley and frizell on that right edge is pathetic.

ozbuck

Juniors
Sack Soward HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Another loss and everyone attacks one player!

Get f**ked!!

Please don't tell me Soward doesn't give a shit anymore. He is passionate as hell when we score, argues penalties like crazy, and is giving his all. His conversion confidence is down, no doubt.

Holding up the ball nicely for Quinlan to get on the outside of Inglis for the first try, the 40-20, his kick which was well placed for the nightingale try, etc.

But all of this is DELETED when you wanna make someone a scapegoat.

Plenty of players out there dropped plenty of cheap ball and there were tonnes of stupid penalties in the GC half - this is what kills any chance of winning.

The Gold Coast were more physical in the 2nd half! The ran over us. They scored some cheap tries from our weak on line defence - I guess this is ONE PLAYERS fault: Soward.

F**king wake up. We have a team right now that is a 50/50 chance of winning close games. We're not that f**king good this year due to our playing roster.

Get used to it for the rest of the year! We MIGHT scrape into the top 8, but probably not.

Stop trying to refine a lot of problems down to one source (soward).

saint.nick

Coach
He's useles. A five eighth is meant to instigate creativity. Where the hell do we ever see creativity from this guy? He either just distributes the ball in a very standard, non-special manner, or relies on a kicking game. Having a great kicking game is awesome, but he hasn't go anything to capitalise on the oppurtunities he creates for the team with that! He can't even be relied on for conversions anymore, and he's lost 100% confidence in goal kicking ability. Yet another game we would have won with 2 added conversions.

His defence may have improved, but it's still s***. He doesn't know how to tackle. I don't care what bloody third person excuses and rebuttals he gives, he has the bloody weight to tackle a big man. Unfortunately, his jersey grabbing is useless, weak, and manifests fear. We all know he has a tendency to be scared of physical situations. Does anyone remember that bomb he just let bounce against the Knights? He doesn't use his shoulder like he should be doing. Why the hell doesn't he just get down low to tackle big men? There's the reason why he's always thrown in the air by big men like Inglis! It's his technique! If he went a bit lower, it wouldn't happen! Instead, he stands there trying to tackle by clapping his arms together!

I'm sick of this bulls***. Why the hell would Price play Prior at centre? It's like playing with 12 men! His knock on from soward's cut out pass just has this ominous inevitability about it. We can blame the offside players for the field goal attempt all we like, but the referee was sh** for both sides, and the titans were robbed of a try. At least there was a positive today: Quinlan. He looks promising. Has a bit of Slater about him.

ghostface

Juniors

Get f**ked!!

Please don't tell me Soward doesn't give a shit anymore. He is passionate as hell when we score, argues penalties like crazy, and is giving his all. His conversion confidence is down, no doubt.

Holding up the ball nicely for Quinlan to get on the outside of Inglis for the first try, the 40-20, his kick which was well placed for the nightingale try, etc.

Plenty of players out there dropped plenty of cheap ball and there were tonnes of stupid penalties in the GC half - this is what kills any chance of winning.

The Gold Coast were more physical in the 2nd half! The ran over us. They scored some cheap tries from our weak on line defence - I guess this is ONE PLAYERS fault: Soward.

F**king wake up. We have a team right now that is a 50/50 chance of winning close games. We're not that f**king good this year due to our playing roster.

Get used to it for the rest of the year! We MIGHT scrape into the top 8, but probably not.

Soward is on scapegoat rotation, along with Prior, Chase, and Rein. Nice post, too many fans are quick to stick the knife in. Our inability to slow down the ruck is what cost us the game.

Dragons_Head

Juniors

Get f**ked!!

Amen!!! Someone who understands the game instead of being an armchair critic

redandwhite1

Juniors
Right on Ozbuck Sowards still a quality player what we need is a 7 the 6 is a genuine 6 and with some support can do the job.

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors

Get f**ked!!

totally agree!! its quiet pathetic everyone blames soward, hes the one who set up the trys this week and last week, just because we lost doesnt mean its hes fault we should have easily put more points on them, they got consecutive penaltys and thats what cost us the game discipline! OUR FORWARDS GAVE AWAY WAY TO MANY PENATIES! and also david taylor running 3 metres in front of the ref to make that intercept which i think we would have scored, but anyway dugan will most likely play next week and i think once we get morris back we will fly under the raydar and make the 8 we got the power to do so but if we keep giving penalties away and not defending well obviously were going to get smashed.

redandwhite1

Juniors
Anyone fair minded person could see the 6 ain't the problem the 7 is. Get off his back, you knockers are half the reason we lost him.

Latest posts