What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad Goodbye or Happy Goodbye

Happy or Sad about loosing Gaz

• Wooohooo

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Boo Hoo

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Pffffttt

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drew-Sta

Staff member
After his antics for the past 3 or 4 years?

Happy goodbye and about f**king time. The most bittersweet door-slamming-on-ass I'll witness as a supporter due to the unlimited potential and talent Gasnier had and showed, only to be let down by an ever-increasing ego, 'Gimme-the-ball' attitude and a pay cheque he never seemed satisfied with.

i think its crap.

heres a guy. big chinned and all that the kiddies love. the fans go and see his shimmy swoosh. teh posterboy for all things dragon....

and he leaves? for the french?

he goes and treats the red Vee like i would? spit on it?

ridiculous. he should have more loyalty.

then again. that contract he signed. what the f**k was it written on? a napkin..in crayon?

get out clause. its crap. he should enjoy the honour of playing in the Vee. hes on enough coin as it is.

he dosnt have to do anything really hard. run the ball. tackle..be on the footy show.

f**king easy. he gets to play for a national sporting icon, for heaps of money. he has it sweet.

people are too bloody greedy.

Last edited:

smacky

Juniors
Im not too fussed at the moment. Ye he had some brillliance but injuries, missing in action and arrogance i believe overoad that so i say farewell to gaz good luck in the future. Only thing that pisses me off is the morris situation but what can you do. Whats done is done.

Dragon

Coach
Happy its over. Then this arvo i was a little bit sad. Now im looking forward to Monday night and probably looking toward next season. Knowing Bennett is on his way is pretty re-assuring as a fan.

Then i check out Brownies team selections this week and im not looking forward to Monday night at all :p

pffft btw

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Seems to me Johnsy that the clown / clowns are still running the circus.

Cheers
Quigs

Quiggs I don't see the clown moving on anytime soon, so don't rush out and buy a ringside ticket. The circus is in town for a while to come, and they will more than likely be giving them away some time soon. :(

watatank

Coach
I'm just glad it's over and we can all move on. Would have liked to see him announce it all before we let Josh Morris go though.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
pffft for mine, josh is gone, would have been nice to hang onto him, oh well, bring on boyed, we are mooving in the right direction

Potsie

Juniors
I'm just glad it's over and we can all move on. Would have liked to see him announce it all before we let Josh Morris go though.

Yep, I heard Josh is fumming.

Im glad hes going, he has held a gun to the club for long enough. Crappy leader on and off the field

Godz Illa

Coach
Gutted.

A local St George junior, from the family of a club legend, who rose through the ranks to become the very best of his ilk ahead of so many pretenders to the throne, a multiple Test player and finally achieving the ultimate honour of all: St George Illawarra club captain. Was a joy to watch with the ball in hand, providing those moments that evoke awe in even the most cynical observers, and earning the worship of countless young fans. I met him a few times off the field, granted he may have been in PR mode, but I've found him to be personable and generous.

He has sold his soul.

Godz Illa

Coach
But... every cloud engenders not a storm.

He was on big money and perhaps was not providing adequate return on that investment. His back injury is a concern also, and may encounter difficulties a la Anthony Minichiello which would be a further burden on our cap situation. And of course the Kings Cross incident earlier this year, in which he provided conflicting reports to the club are also a concern.

gregstar

Referee
i was more anxious when this crap arose in '06.

realised we were getting played again - lost interest in saga except for the desire for it to end.

gaz' last big season was '05. he's been up-&-down since then.

i suspect creeping told the club a fair while ago to let him walk. just as he did with quentin.

i just hope creeping has a good plan - no doubt he does. remove attitude & stupidity attract workers & learners.

juanfarkall

Coach
Creeping Jesus managed to win the comp with a No.7 who to this day is not a halfback's arsehole. In comparison to the dismal results of our current and former leaders and Doust's gimp mates on the Board, I am relatively comfortable with the concept that running out a team where everyone has normal sized chins do no worse than the current mob.
As for the big chinned one leaving.... his choice and his loss... although I am amused by his claims that it is not about the money yet in the same discussion grumbling about his cut from footy cards and origin.
If he had any respect for the club and it's fans he would have announced his intentions way back when he started taking paid French lessons rather than dragging it on and tarnishing his own name and hurting our club.

bazookabarry

Juniors
glad its finally over. my biggest wish is that he never comes back. i wonder how the blokes who took pay cuts to keep him and barrett feel now? next year and wayne bennett can't come quickly enough!

I hope he chokes on his snails.

I don't think he dealt with this well at all and has disadvantaged the club whilst disrespecting it and it's supporters.

St.George will be better for his departure.

redwhitedragon

Juniors
Very poorly timed. You have ruined that fine name you carry. You have even ruined the World Cup that you endorsed. Of course its about the dollar. Don't shift blame. You even complained about the friken Tazo's Shove that Tazo up ya yourself. You let everyone down.

Latest posts