What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saffy Joins Dragons

Ronald and sizzler have been taking $5 from the concord petty cash tin on Friday afternoons that was meant to give the 5 wise men their $1 lunch. Ronald and sizzler then disguise themselves in one of supercoach's retro afro wigs and head off to various TABs around the Inner West taking the $8 on offer for the tigers for the spoon. They have thus far invested $127. Coach shines hasn;'t been informed yet as Ronald will go thirds with him so like as supercoach picks junior burger every week

steven_tiger

Juniors
Fair dinkum.

Yes, it's disappointing Saffy is gone but the way you blokes are going on anyone would think Farah, Payten, Lawrence and Benji had all been punted...

Saffy is an honest first grader, but he is NOT better than Galloway and Gibbs.

Good luck to him at the Dragons, I hope he gets more of a go there than he did with us.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I've been outside Oz for a few weeks, so just came back today to find this sh*t news. WTF is going on? Saffy was probably the only forward this year bar Rhino who seemed to try, and we punt him...

And there is no way in hell Mason will sign for the Tigers.

big boppa eel

Juniors
As a non tigers fan I think losing Saffy is just that a huge loss, have seen him run around and I'd have him at Parra any day.

bigdamo

Juniors
what the hell is going on lose 11 players sighn one lose another this club has gone to the dogs recruitment is a joke pop gun forward pack missing backs everyother club has their roster the spin doctors from wests tigers cant cover this up any more this club is headed for the spoon quite frank the west tigers are a joke and a vey embarrising one at that we did not win a forward battle in 07 oh it was funny how shannon mcdonnell was sighned first oh boy what a mess

Ninja

Juniors
steven_tiger said:
Saffy is an honest first grader, but he is NOT better than Galloway and Gibbs.

How can you rate those 2 pillows higher than the Saffman.

Saffy actually ran hard at the line.

smeghead

Bench
and went missing in cover defence alot as well.

Those don't count in the stats though because he wan't there to attempt the tackles than they are not missed tackles on his sheet

Ninja

Juniors
smeghead said:
and went missing in cover defence alot as well.

Those don't count in the stats though because he wan't there to attempt the tackles than they are not missed tackles on his sheet

I agree Smeg he needs to work on his defence...but so does the entire Wests Tigers club bar a few i.e Rhino.

Saffy just stood out to me from the first time I saw him. Had enough mongrel in him to run hard which is very rare for a WT forward. Id have him over Gibbs, Galloway anyday.

OK here's a conundrum .. saffy @ 60k or O'Hara @ 220k
Now I know which option most sane and objective people would take
The ones who have taken the option they have need to be called to account as to why these decisions are taken at every fork in the road

smeghead

Bench
Gibbs yes, Galloway no for mine.

I agree he did have alot of mongrel in him but even when thinking on the top 25 I would prefer someone like Trimarchi or Brown to be given a call into the Top 25 than Saffy

rupertpupkin

Juniors
So WT couldn't manage to fit Saffy in, with this last minute "negotiation". Am just so damn relieved we secured McDonnell on that 3 year deal back when we did. Would not like to imagine how we could have managed, in the sh*t fight with the other clubs, to obtain McDonnell. It would have been ugly, and extremely expensive.

Oh bravo. Another brilliant, brilliant move. In need of good props, and Saffy gets let go. Another Cashmere call. Smells like WT is being tanked.

The upside is we have Ronald's prodigious son signed sealed and delivered for 3 yrs. Melbourne, Broncos, Warriors were all circling. We had to act fast

rupertpupkin

Juniors
It has all ceased to be surprising anymore. I am beyond punch drunk. Have moved into the masochistic phase. I taunt WT. Bring it on, mofo's. I don't even feel pain no more. Feel like Jake M. in the ring with Smokin Joe, in Raging Bull. Come on... come on. You wuss. Hit me.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Just read Garry Jack's son Rhys and Steve Roach's son Blocker Jr, who played in Balmains SG Ball team this year are both going to the Bulldogs in 2008.

I won't pass judegment just yet as I haven't seen them play.

People said Wayne Bennett was crazy when he let Wally Lewis go. There must be a plan here too. It cant just be an exodus from all grades with no notable signings.

Do you honestly think Ronald has a plan other than having 24 backrowers and his vegetable genius of a son at the club within 2 years ?

Danos

Juniors
rupertpupkin said:
It has all ceased to be surprising anymore. I am beyond punch drunk. Have moved into the masochistic phase. I taunt WT. Bring it on, mofo's. I don't even feel pain no more. Feel like Jake M. in the ring with Smokin Joe, in Raging Bull. Come on... come on. You wuss. Hit me.

Or Jake L in the ring with Sugar Ray Robinson, in Raging Bull... ;-)

Latest posts