What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saint trent ?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
better be docker, Manu is rubbish. Just Like Blair when he left the storm as well - their deficiencies uncovered since they left.

He is 184cm and 91kg according to zerotackle. All you guys are raving about how hard he hits, but in reality he weighs less than Soward. Hope he turns out good if he ends up in the red v, but we seem to have a long list of second rowers with potential.

Sika Manu has the size we need and if penrith are willing to pay some of his contract, I'd say he'd be a better bet than Nutira, Alcock and Wakeman. Manu is a proven first grader who has won a comp.

grouch

First Grade
Both Docker and Manu are massive downgrades on Merrin and we are staring the spoon in the face if either happens for 2015

So it may finally be over and this is no surprise that he is going his manager tried the bluff and it didn't work.

Alls I have to say is regardless of Merrin himself not saying much he could have easily accepted a good offer from the club but decided he wanted more and what he wanted is laughable.

On Docker if he does want to come back i'm all for it he's shown like Beau Scott going away for a spell isn't the worst thing.

grouch

First Grade
Alls I have to say is regardless of Merrin himself not saying much he could have easily accepted a good offer from the club but decided he wanted more and what he wanted is laughable.
Yet apparently another club is happy to offer the so-called "laughable" amount, and it appears that club may be Penrith who finished one game shy of a grand final.

The only "laughable" entity here is Saints. Again.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Yet apparently another club is happy to offer the so-called "laughable" amount, and it appears that club may be Penrith who finished one game shy of a grand final.

The only "laughable" entity here is Saints. Again.

Gee, I wished we knew sooner.......could have offered the extra cash to Morris! :crazy:

Hutty1986

Immortal
This f*cking joke of a club has reached new lows. Merrin is world class, I don't give a flying f*ck about blokes like Docker or Manu. Unbelievable.

BennyV

Referee
Both Docker and Manu are massive downgrades on Merrin and we are staring the spoon in the face if either happens for 2015

Grouch, I'm as filthy as anyone about Merrin leaving, but there is no way we are getting the spoon this year. You forget, Ricky Stuart is still an NRL coach, he got dis...

grouch

First Grade
it does not work like that. Re-think please. X
Umm, yes it may. There's a suggestion an early release/trade may actually occur, similar to other brilliant trades, like Quinlan for Justin Hunt, or Idris for Brad Tighe. If it does we'll be well in spoon contention

st.phil

Bench
Umm, yes it may. There's a suggestion an early release/trade may actually occur, similar to other brilliant trades, like Quinlan for Justin Hunt, or Idris for Brad Tighe. If it does we'll be well in spoon contention
Mate you have the right to be negative but...we did not even get the spoon with Steve Price as coach and Nathan Fein as halfback. Way off.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Docker is not a bad player at all. Plum or Manu are no slouch. If Saints get 2 of these guys for Merrin the forwards depth is looking pretty good although at the cost of a gun forward. These guys will definately add some steel. They hit pretty hard. We are getting some much needed aggression in the forwards.

Bennett did say no forward is worth more than 200k and Saints are offering Mez 600k+ and will make him the highest paid forward in their history so it's not as if Saints have not tried to keep Mez. There is only so much you can do. I am sure Mullholland knows what he is doing. In the past Saints would let them go and have no back up plan for players now they seem to have back up plans for players that leave which is pleasing. Speaking to a Panthers fan this morning they are spewing to loose any of these 2 players for Merrin. That is if it happens which I hope.

FlameThrower

Bench
Docker is not a bad player at all. Plum or Manu are no slouch. If Saints get 2 of these guys for Merrin the forwards depth is looking pretty good although at the cost of a gun forward. These guys will definately add some steel. They hit pretty hard. We are getting some much needed aggression in the forwards.

Bennett did say no forward is worth more than 200k and Saints are offering Mez 600k+ and will make him the highest paid forward in their history so it's not as if Saints have not tried to keep Mez. There is only so much you can do. I am sure Mullholland knows what he is doing. In the past Saints would let them go and have no back up plan for players now they seem to have back up plans for players that leave which is pleasing. Speaking to a Panthers fan this morning they are spewing to loose any of these 2 players for Merrin. That is if it happens which I hope.
So is he playing for us this year or not? Weeks out fromRound 1 and I'm still not sure what our starting squad will look like?

possm

Coach

We don't need any more 'average' or 'with potential' forwards to replace Merrin. Our Club has been going down this road too often over the past few years.

From what I understand, Merrin is contracted till end of 2015. If the Club is to release Merrin for season 2015, it MUST replace him with a top line prop of similar value. If no such player is available, then don't release him.

Latest posts