What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saint trent ?

jenninga

First Grade

TonyT6

First Grade

Steelman

Juniors
Well its looking like money talks, still not giving up on Merrin but obviously $600k plus other
insentives is not enough to keep him.

Beavis has done a great deal for his client if what im told is true $750k per season.
My opinion is that kind of money is reserved for the likes of Gallen Burgess SBW etc.
Still I hate to see the continual loss of local juniors to other clubs at such an alarming rate.

Time for a change in the front office is long over due.....You dont see clubs like the Dogs Roosters Or Broncos loosing players they want to keep.
Anyway whatever good luck Trent.:(:(

TonyT6

First Grade
Well its looking like money talks, still not giving up on Merrin but obviously $600k plus other

Beavis has done a great deal for his client if what im told is true $750k per season.
My opinion is that kind of money is reserved for the likes of Gallen Burgess SBW etc.
Still I hate to see the continual loss of local juniors to other clubs at such an alarming rate.

Time for a change in the front office is long over due.....You dont see clubs like the Dogs Roosters Or Broncos loosing players they want to keep.

You want those blokes to take unders?

Cagey Mac

Bench
IF in-demand representative forward Trent Merrin does decide to move on from St George Illawarra, he will do so with the blessing of club captain Ben Creagh.
Merrin, who has a year to run on his current Dragons deal, is being courted by numerous NRL rivals as he looks to cash in as one of the hardest-working forwards in rugby league.
The Dragons are loathe to see Merrin, a local junior who has only known the red and white, walk away — especially having lost star winger, and local product, Brett Morris in the off-season. However they feel they can’t improve on a reported $1.65 million offer over three years, and recent talk has been about ways to find the talented 25-year-old a new home — including an option to offer him as part of a trade deal.
NRL TEAMS: WCC, WCS, WEEKEND TRIALS
The 30-year-old Creagh, who debuted for the Dragons in 2003 and is close to Merrin, has his sights set on retiring as a one-club player and has urged Merrin to follow his lead — but he won’t stand in his way if the NSW representative does decide to leave.

All Stars forward Trent Merrin is lining up a move away from the Dragons.
“He knows where I stand and how valuable he is to the team but I’ve never preached to him,” Creagh told AAP ahead of the Dragons’ World Club Series showdown with Warrington on Saturday morning (EDT).
SWAP DEAL OPTION IN MERRIN-GO-ROUND
“I’ve told him I hope he does stay and what a huge honour it is to play for one team your whole career.
“I know he does want to do that. It seems right for him to stay, and it would be a shame for him to move on.
“But if he does make that decision there’ll be no hard feelings, I’ll totally understand.”
Having seen dynamic winger Morris join twin brother Josh at Canterbury in the off-season, Creagh is familiar with the scenario unfolding before him.
“Brett Morris left at the end of last year and I still speak to him all the time,” Creagh said.
“He lives over my back fence pretty much. I’m still really good mates with him, and I understand that it’s a decision for him and his family how can you hold a grudge over that?”
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ptain-ben-creagh/story-fni3g9a3-1227222639336

Puff2010

Juniors
For what it's worth, my mail is expect an announcement that Trent will go to Penrith once the team returns from England. I'm not sure whether that is immediate or in 2016

murraymob

Coach
For what it's worth, my mail is expect an announcement that Trent will go to Penrith once the team returns from England. I'm not sure whether that is immediate or in 2016

if its not imediate there is no trade.Manu is on the outer at penrith and ready to go.He would go well with you guys

Lethal25

Juniors
Forgive me but I'm a little lost on JDB and the expectation placed upon him by some sections of supporters. IMO he's a new age version of Nathan Long, he ain't gunna win you games but he certainly won't lose you any.

I'm not sure he has another level to go to, I think he's at his level.

bottle

Coach
Forgive me but I'm a little lost on JDB and the expectation placed upon him by some sections of supporters. IMO he's a new age version of Nathan Long, he ain't gunna win you games but he certainly won't lose you any.

I'm not sure he has another level to go to, I think he's at his level.

Sadly I think you may be on the money. Plenty, myself included, anticipated a lot more.

Trent Merrin is suffering from a condition call Penile Erectus minimus. Commonly known in non medical terms as a soft male chicken (c**k). A stint in the mountains with all that fresh air will do him good and also do the dragons a hell of a lot of good. Particularly if we swap him for Mr Penile Erectus Maximus - Adam Docker

TruSaint

Referee
Trent Merrin is suffering from a condition call Penile Erectus minimus. Commonly known in non medical terms as a soft male chicken (c**k). A stint in the mountains with all that fresh air will do him good and also do the dragons a hell of a lot of good. Particularly if we swap him for Mr Penile Erectus Maximus - Adam Docker

Sally Disagrees Doctor.

nrlnrl

First Grade

The $600k per season, was the figure originally quoted in a "leaked" article, but according to his manager the actual offer was $550k. ( see attached link ). Out of interest, what were the "incentives" ? Someone on the forum mentioned future captaincy. It seems like his manager is using his mates in the media to talk up the interest with the number of clubs still interested as he's trying to force the Dragons to increase their offer - but they're not budging.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...zealand-warriors/story-fnp0lyn3-1227186227245