What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary cap forcing Feleti Mateo out

Craig Johnston

First Grade
added quality??

Losses
Gulavao
Lowrie
Weller (mainly for depth)

Gains
Shackleton

so I take it you would start Feleti off the bench?

depth does not = quality. shackleton is quality, ben smith if he continues to cement himself with a full season in the backrow = quality. cayless (or poore) spending more time in 2nd row thanks to front row depth = quality.

the names hauraki and lowrie just don't mix with the word quality.

Stagger eel

Staff member
depth does not = quality. shackleton is quality, ben smith if he continues to cement himself with a full season in the backrow = quality. cayless (or poore) spending more time in 2nd row thanks to front row depth = quality.

the names hauraki and lowrie just don't mix with the word quality.

I'll cop the Hauraki comment, but Lowrie and Joe were fantastic last season and did everything that was asked of them, despite his faults in the first 2 years of his tenure with us, he was still an asset to the team in the last 2 months of the season.

I'm confident that shack will thrive under the guidence of Anderson and Sharp but that still leaves us with 1 quality backrower short in the squad with a little bit of doubt at how Mateo will cope being an 80 minute backrower.

please...Caylo and Poore won't play backrow unless it's a stop gap measure.

jk13

First Grade
potentially mateo could be part of a dynasty here, or have alot more pressure as the go to man elsewhere. i assume he's only mid 20s so he has plenty of time to pick up the big pay cheque in the next deal.

Gaffman

Juniors
Warriors have to pay big money just to lure any old joe over the ditch, let alone a star player. I dunno, I like Mateo a lot, the abilities he brings to our teamsheet. But could he really be lured by the dollars to be the star player of an average club? Maybe he should have a look at Thurston in NQ... you can demand all the dollars you want, but if the 16 blokes around you and the coach/management aren't up to par, you're not going to love your footy.

All clubs do it. No sides here.
The Dogs need a playmaker. They have too many hard workers and no real attack in their forwards. Ryan, Stagg, Warburton etc. I think they will struggle compared to 2009. They have a great backline but their forwards will let them down.

This is why they will go after Mateo hard. They see this guy as a weapon in attack. Offloads. Parra have mastered this area.

eels81236

Bench
All clubs do it. No sides here.
The Dogs need a playmaker. They have too many hard workers and no real attack in their forwards. Ryan, Stagg, Warburton etc. I think they will struggle compared to 2009. They have a great backline but their forwards will let them down.

This is why they will go after Mateo hard. They see this guy as a weapon in attack. Offloads. Parra have mastered this area.

Ironically, the exact reasons why I believe we need to keep him.

Bought not bred?

Did you guys buy Justin Poore or breed him?
What about Timana Tahu (Knights)

There are some clowns at the dogs that came up with this theory - bought not bred - I know.

All I am saying is that every team does it. Buys

Gaffman

Juniors
Dogs needed to buy (and did so very well last year) because the blokes they breed are total fkn losers :)

No use arguing with drop kicks is there?
I am not even a bulldogs supporter.
This should help.
Parramatta have been known to have one of the worst spending spree's of all clubs.
You do not seem to remember Dean Pay, Jarrod McCracken, Jason Smith and Jim Dymock all bought in 1 year from the Dogs.

:sarcasm::roll:

ROGUE

Juniors
No use arguing with drop kicks is there?
I am not even a bulldogs supporter.
This should help.
Parramatta have been known to have one of the worst spending spree's of all clubs.
You do not seem to remember Dean Pay, Jarrod McCracken, Jason Smith and Jim Dymock all bought in 1 year from the Dogs.

:sarcasm::roll:
All the while glazing over the fact there was a little ol thing going on called a super league war!.Besides you bought the exact same amount of blokes at the end of 08 to play in the 09 season.Jamaal farkin idris is your only junior in that 1st grade squad.....Bred not bought my farkin left one

Snoochies

First Grade
Can someone please highlight how many Parra Juniors we have in our team compared to Puppy Dog juniors they have?

Latest posts