What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess you dirty filthy Squirrel Gripper

Which is Worse Squirrel or Hoppa?

• Squirrel Burgess

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • The Hopoate

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Both shoild have got 1 year banns

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rabbitohs95

Bench
Maloney even said on the Sunday Footy show that he didn't even try and it was just a bit of a joke.

In saying this, i bet you Chambers is shitting his pants atm.

Danish

Referee
Maloney even said on the Sunday Footy show that he didn't even try and it was just a bit of a joke.

In saying this, i bet you Chambers is shitting his pants atm.

Scared of what? Knowing that he can easily get him sent off this Friday if he chooses to?

He storm got right under his skin last time the met, and no doubt they'll do it again. You can bet if he goes the tug this Friday the storm will stop play and have him dismissed

rabbitohs95

Bench
Scared of what? Knowing that he can easily get him sent off this Friday if he chooses to?

He storm got right under his skin last time the met, and no doubt they'll do it again. You can bet if he goes the tug this Friday the storm will stop play and have him dismissed

Exactly i was joking that he'd go for the nut grab again...

To think he went to eye gouge someone shows extreme mental geniusation.

Does anyone think ANY footy player in the entire comp would do that in a break in a play when the whole world can see.

He gave him a smack on the bum as he walked away, he clearly was not trying to gouge him. This is literally the dumbest stuff I have ever heard.

Is Burgess going to hand Chambers his nuts back this week with an apology ?...

bor

Juniors

Does anyone think ANY footy player in the entire comp would do that in a break in a play when the whole world can see.

He gave him a smack on the bum as he walked away, he clearly was not trying to gouge him. This is literally the dumbest stuff I have ever heard.

This is the same guy that blew two possible/certain tries by going for glory himself. He isn't the smartest guy in the world. If he was remotely intelligent, there wouldn't be the need for an opposition player this week to be investing in a protective cup.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I was disappointed with the nut pinch but this one was not an eye gouge sorry. Players always pat other players on the head or push the head sidewards after errors. It looks like he went to palm his head sideways and the finger was over the eye. Did Maloney grab his eye in pain? No. How can we determine the finger touched the eye? It didn't.

As for the kick it looked like a niggle and with no force behind it. Kind of like when Maloney kicked in the scrum at the beginning of the year. While Sam was grubby for the scrotum thing these were niggles and I don't believe this is suspension worthy.

lol, oh dear....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
to eye gouge someone shows extreme mental geniusation.

hqdefault.jpg

first harsh word I've ever heard you say about poor Sammy...

Last edited:

juanfarkall

Coach

Try reading a few of your own posts out aloud.

sretsoor

Juniors
What's your explanation? Maloney has just cleared him of a gouge.

Most players opt to play down on-field incidents preferring to leave it as is. Especially when being prompted by media. The MRC will base any findings on video supplied. It didnt look good despite no complaint and if he gets charged only has himself to blame.

So he was trying to gouge his bum ?....

Meth

Staff member
Nothing in it (the "eye gouge")

I'm not one for 'anything goes', but the over reactions of Rugby League fans these days over minor incidents and scrapes is ludicrous.

GONZO72

Juniors
Sam Burgess is a protected species. He can do it all. Grab testicles, eye gouge , kick and he gets a slap on the wrist.
He is a disgrace. He migh be talented, but he is a grub. Everytime Souths are under the pump, the grub resorts to filth tactics.

The Pip

Juniors
Great result for Souths on the weekend...NOT. Unreal, the Centrelink bogans were expecting,under the auspices of the NRL, to rort Manly for the third time this year. However, Manly were too clever for the mutants and threw their game. Now watch Souths squirm and skid their undies playing Melb, maybe Burgess can bite Chambers' nuts off this time! Reckon he would get a week for that,:sarcasm: surely?

Fat Krion

Juniors
Great result for Souths on the weekend...NOT. Unreal, the Centrelink bogans were expecting,under the auspices of the NRL, to rort Manly for the third time this year. However, Manly were too clever for the mutants and threw their game. Now watch Souths squirm and skid their undies playing Melb, maybe Burgess can bite Chambers' nuts off this time! Reckon he would get a week for that,:sarcasm: surely?

The offences may have been minor but could have easily insighted a brawl if either JWH or Maloney reacted it what was a emotion charged game.

His actions were completely unnecessary and deserved a week at the minimum because unlike JWH his actions were intentional.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Why are people whinging? Most here have said it wasn't an eye gouge. Maloney said it wasn't an eye gouge. Seriously? Stop sooking.

Latest posts