What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Williams dismisses Dragons rumours then signs

Elias1983

Coach
1 year is a short contract.
Could that length hint we may be after Shaun Johnson when his time is up at the warriors?

Well let's look at it from all angles.

How much first grade would williams have played this year by the time he joins us? My guess will be very little....I think he has played a couple of games this year.

So by the time he gets to us it could well be that he has only played a handfull of games in first grade which would be a fair chunk of time to be languishing in the cup teams.

My guess is Doust will see how he goes next year and then make a play accordingly.

If he kills it, then the big contract is offered, if not,then we look at other options.

BennyV

Referee
Well let's look at it from all angles.

How much first grade would williams have played this year by the time he joins us? My guess will be very little....I think he has played a couple of games this year.

So by the time he gets to us it could well be that he has only played a handfull of games in first grade which would be a fair chunk of time to be languishing in the cup teams.

My guess is Doust will see how he goes next year and then make a play accordingly.

If he kills it, then the big contract is offered, if not,then we look at other options.

Will also depend on other players too - if Stanley/Siejka (assuming we re-sign him)/possibly even Crook are knocking the door down for first grade, or if we have a chance of upgrading to Shaun Johnson next year, then that will be the way to go. If Williams is the best option moving forward, then I'd say we extend it.

Mr Red

First Grade
So next year is...

1 Dugan
2 Nighty
3, farrell/Runciman
4, BEALE
5, Morris
6, Widdop
7, Williams

it will be more like this i think.. Thompson to only play centre if injuries, he will be a starting back rower. If Cooper goes around again he will also be in contention for his usual left centre role for at least 4 games a year when he is not injured. good thing is not a single Stanley in sight ;)

saints4ever

First Grade
one year contract is basically an agreement just short of a walk up start to first grade, something he doesnt have in canberra. plus the chance to play with Dooges again as they are reportedly good mates.

its up to him. if he plays well, he gets extended.

Capital_Dragon

Juniors
I think his manager was holding out for the big dollars at the beginning of the year on the back of what Williams did during the finals last years (which was impressive). But he had a few off games, Campo came back, McCrone is starting half of choice, Milford is doing well in first grade and Cornish is the preferred long term half.

So suddenly his value to the Raiders went down considerably and he is relegated to NSW Cup. If we weren't so desperate for a half he would have been even worse off than he is with us.

dragondonar1

Juniors
Dugan
Bmoz
Farrell
beale
Nighty
widdop
williams
stockwell
Rein
hunt
Harrison
thompson
creagh

King
?????
?????
??????

Starting to look like a good side. Need frontrow with grunt. Don't know if Mike cooper is the answer.

Elias1983

Coach
Well Doust has made no secret that he wants him back (confirmed at the red v forum).

It all depends on how much he wants him back in terms of dollars wise and if Jmoz wants to come back...Interesting times ahead...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Well Doust has made no secret that he wants him back (confirmed at the red v forum).

It all depends on how much he wants him back in terms of dollars wise and if Jmoz wants to come back...Interesting times ahead...

He wouldn't be making a song and dance about it if there wasn't something in it.

I like the ammendment to the thread title !
Hopefully we get a similar situation with Jmoz !

Dudes, it'd be great to have him back. But we need at least one forward before him. In fact, if we got one massive hard arsed forward and had decent cap space left we'd still be better off with another forward.

Morris only becomes really valuable if Dugan goes to Brisbane. Which, granted, is very much a live possibility. But only if.

CC_Saint

Juniors
Dugan
Bmoz
Farrell
beale
Nighty
widdop
williams
stockwell
Rein
hunt
Harrison
thompson
creagh

King
?????
?????
??????

Starting to look like a good side. Need frontrow with grunt. Don't know if Mike cooper is the answer.

Frizzell?
Merrin?
De Belin

Think the starting forwards will be:

Hunt
Rein
Creagh
Thompson
Frizzell
Mez

With JDB, Stockwell, Harrison and King on the bench.

MattYg1

Bench
Coops, also could be there. He hasn't decided what he is doing next year.

No but his injuries have already signed up for next season... Details haven't been released yet but they apparently signed for a majority of the season and weren't cheap either...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Good signing. If these guys play to their potential could be the best halves combination the Dragons have had in a very long time. Probably since Mundine/Barrett which is over 10 years ago.

Minh

First Grade
Sam Williams is a good signing, I hope he plays well and we extend his contract here.