What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Williams dismisses Dragons rumours then signs

Mr Red

First Grade
Are you sure Red,Kyle can bring that x factor where Widdop is steady.Again i go back to the game at Kogarah when Kyle played,his general kicking was outstanding as was his goalkicking,5 from 5.

yep pretty certain.
i have yet to see Kyle display X factor in any game..
agree he is the clubs best goal kicker, but of no use because he shouldnt be in the starting 13 when all are fit..

TheRev

Coach
One year deal is basically a "look and see" deal for the Dragons....
Yaa this, he was far from our first choice halfback, he hasnt really hit his straps at the raiders, considering our experiences with Drinkwater, its just not someone you take a huge punt on, he has to prove himself next year, then we can make a call mid-season on what our longterm halves combo should be.

Last edited:
He can piss right off....wait, what, he's signed?

Champion kid, love him, can't wait to see him in the Red V!

...Mood swings allowed.

Shit.... now I have to visit my favourite place "the greater good" and see if I need to change my mind too.

...and I just finished posting to OT how much I like humble pie. Geeeeez.

possm

Coach
St George Illawarra have signed halfback Sam Williams from Canberra on a one-year NRL deal starting in 2014.
Williams had been strongly linked to the Dragons after failing to play regular first grade this year with the Raiders, after starring in their charge to the finals last season.

The Dragons couldn't put together a deal for Williams before the June 30 deadline, meaning he can't play for them this season but he will add some much needed spark to the joint venture's attack next year.
Williams will join Melbourne playmaker Gareth Widdop in the halves for the Dragons in 2014.

A former Raiders rookie of the year, Williams appears to have fallen out of favour at Canberra with Terry Campese and Josh McCrone coach David Furner's preferred halves combination.

The 22-year-old Williams will join the Dragons in November ahead of the 2014 NRL season with an option for a second season in 2015.
He has played seven games for Canberra this year and will feature in the NSW Residents side against Queensland Residents in the curtain raiser to Wednesday's State of Origin decider.

http://www.nrl.com/dragons-sign-sam...ewsid/73428/default.aspx?pid=nrlhome_featured

bottle

Coach
Thanks scoop.
Where we would get our news if not for you possm?

Any update on the coach for the remainder of the year?

possm

Coach
Thanks scoop.
Where we would get our news if not for you possm?

Any update on the coach for the remainder of the year?

Only a one year deal so maybe we are going for a high profile half for season 2015 and beyond.

I wish there was some news about a new head coach but I haven't heard anything as yet.

Arsenal are nowhere near the same league as Liverpool when it comes to fans and history

...so you saying that Dragons are more comparable to Liverpool then?

Which EPL Team would be most similar to Dragons for, history, tradition, place, success, iconic etc. do you think saint nick?

Father Ted

First Grade
Grimsby I tried to type S C U N T H O R P E united but auto spell kept coming up with Smerkinhorpe united. Is A higher power sending us a message?

Last edited:

possm

Coach
yep pretty certain.
i have yet to see Kyle display X factor in any game..
agree he is the clubs best goal kicker, but of no use because he shouldnt be in the starting 13 when all are fit..

At the time I suggested Price should have eased Kyle in during Hornby's final year instead of trying to place him in positions he clearly was not suited to. If he had done this we all would now not be guessing or assuming; we we all would know his level of talent and suitability in the halves.

Godz Illa

Coach
btw our own Sammy Williams is starting halfback for the NSW Residents tonight. If anyone's going to the state of oranges match let us know how he goes

Latest posts