What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Williams dismisses Dragons rumours then signs

MattYg1

Bench
Good player to get along side a runner like Widdop... as is the case with anybody who puts on the RedV I wish him nothing but major success and legendary status...

jenninga

First Grade
F#*k him ,i don't want a dickhead like that in my team,and as others here have said a little diplomacy would have been nice,rather than dismiss our club the way he did.
Hope he is playing Mounties next year also.

At last a halfback,great signing,glad to have him.
Seems like a good young kid.:D

jenninga

First Grade
Looks like the dragons do all there business in Canberra.

3 players snapped up from canberra this year Thompson,Dugan and now Sam Williams.

Who's your next target,Buderis,Gower,re sign Prince for another year,or bring Lockyer out of retirement.

God-King Dean

Immortal
He's not the brightest spark is he. All other players would have said they were weighing up other options to get more from their current club. Oh well, who else is out there?

Spot on R W.
If that was a script by his manager, he should be sacked.
As u say........ next

A very casual attitude. I'm not keen to waste money on Williams with that sort of attitude.

Basically Williams saying "lol@The Dragons..."" In that case, f**k him :)

It's something of a slap in the face for the Dragons. With a comment like

"I think it was just the position [the Dragons] were in and the way they were travelling

Our desperation is showing.

Still... don't like him, don't want him.

F#*k him ,i don't want a dickhead like that in my team,and as others here have said a little diplomacy would have been nice,rather than dismiss our club the way he did.
Hope he is playing Mounties next year also.

bottle

Coach
He can piss right off....wait, what, he's signed?

Champion kid, love him, can't wait to see him in the Red V!

bottle

Coach
I have been avoiding this place a tad, afraid the 'razorblades' mentality might rub off.
Too much negativity is bad for my soul.

jenninga

First Grade
Just another thought on why Williams is only signed for the 1 year at this stage,perhaps to see how Kyle is after his knee problems.
If Kyle makes a good recovery it will give us great options at 7 and competition for places is good.

Minh

First Grade
We have some depth at least for next year in the halves with Widdop leading the way then we have Williams, K. Stanley, Quinlan, Seijka and possibly Cummins fighting it out for the other spot. Not a bad position to be in compared to what we are now.

Mr Red

First Grade
Just another thought on why Williams is only signed for the 1 year at this stage,perhaps to see how Kyle is after his knee problems.
If Kyle makes a good recovery it will give us great options at 7 and competition for places is good.

i hate any thought of Kyle Stanley at 7, with Widdop at six. Both are too similiar in their playing style, not a good enough option for general play kicking from either one, and not a natural playmaker or general to steer the team around the field.

WIddop is a great signing, but the real value will only come when paired with the correct half.. and thats not Stanley (either of them)

Saint Anger

Juniors

I doubt the Dragons heirarchy have singled out Williams for a 1 year contract in the vain hope that Kyle will be our long term future at 7 :sarcasm:

We have Williams and Sjeika. Kyle may get a run in firsts if ever these 2 are unavailable. More than likely he will never fully recover and be moved on/retire etc

twinkletoes

Juniors
Dugan
Bmoz
Farrell
beale
Nighty
widdop
williams
stockwell
Rein
hunt
Harrison
thompson
creagh

King
?????
?????
??????

Starting to look like a good side. Need frontrow with grunt. Don't know if Mike cooper is the answer.

The forwards are still a great worry. This season they have been soft and let other teams make so much easy ground up through the middle. At this stage only Thompson is a decent addition...the rest are the same as this year...which is pretty poor..We need at least 1 more top class forward signing to start to think of turning things around....plus a coach

BennyV

Referee
The forwards are still a great worry. This season they have been soft and let other teams make so much easy ground up through the middle. At this stage only Thompson is a decent addition...the rest are the same as this year...which is pretty poor..We need at least 1 more top class forward signing to start to think of turning things around....plus a coach

I dont necessarily believe the forward pack are soft. I dont think they have the confidence and attitude, and the right coach would be able to bring that out of them. Guys like Stockwell, Merrin, deBelin, Frizz all have the ability to make impact.

jenninga

First Grade
I doubt the Dragons heirarchy have singled out Williams for a 1 year contract in the vain hope that Kyle will be our long term future at 7 :sarcasm:

We have Williams and Sjeika. Kyle may get a run in firsts if ever these 2 are unavailable. More than likely he will never fully recover and be moved on/retire etc

Not saying it is the sole reason,but could have been part of the thinking,maybe not.
By the way i have always thought Kyle has way more talent than Chase,both completely different footballers.
Campese has come back from 2 knee setbacks as has others so hopefully Kyle can as well.

mickeylane

Bench
One year deal is basically a "look and see" deal for the Dragons....he plays well it extends (much like the Duges deal)...the halfback position is such a crucial position that committing long term to any player has to be on the money....it just shows that Williams was not the first choice halfback..

Shaun Johnson to Dragons is a strong rumour but have yet to hear it from an official or a strong source...only via forums and here say...but then again thats where the Bellamy rumours started..! can only hope.....

jenninga

First Grade
i hate any thought of Kyle Stanley at 7, with Widdop at six. Both are too similiar in their playing style, not a good enough option for general play kicking from either one, and not a natural playmaker or general to steer the team around the field.

WIddop is a great signing, but the real value will only come when paired with the correct half.. and thats not Stanley (either of them)

Are you sure Red,Kyle can bring that x factor where Widdop is steady.Again i go back to the game at Kogarah when Kyle played,his general kicking was outstanding as was his goalkicking,5 from 5.

st.phil

Bench
Widdop is far beyond solid...he can also play halfback just as easily. His kicking game has not been showcased but he has a long kicking game as well the more publicised short. The player many have him pinned as due to his role at the storm will change markedly next year. He'll be calling the shots

Latest posts