What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Williams dismisses Dragons rumours then signs

Godz Illa

Coach
Haha.

Good news. I like him. Was very impressive for Canberra in the finals series last year. Should be a good foil for Widdop.

The length gives us some flexibilty if Crook/Hutchison/Quinlan/Cummins/Hastings emerge

Last edited:

Cagey Mac

Bench
Yes it certainly isn't a rumour so Sam was right to dismiss it!
Has anyone heard the Shillington rumour yet?

BennyV

Referee
Yes it certainly isn't a rumour so Sam was right to dismiss it!
Has anyone heard the Shillington rumour yet?

I heard Shillington is on the outer at Canberra but I thought he wanted to go to QLD...if we took him too, we'd have more than half our squad as ex-canberra players!

st.phil

Bench
Real reactionaries here...his comments sound like they were in reference to a mid season swap. You guys are far too sensitive, he can't talk up another club whilst still playing at the raiders.

Elias1983

Coach
So next year is...

1 Dugan
2 Nighty
3, Green/thompson/farrell
4, Runciman
5, Morris
6, Widdop
7, Williams/Seikja

It's an improvement to say the least...

DaMightyDragons

Juniors
Finally we have found our halfback we have been looking for. No more playing people out of position (e.g Nathan Fien and Chase Stanley). It looks like one very talented halves pairing on paper, hopefully they can pull through next season. And if it doesn't work out, we have a couple of very capable youngsters to bridge the gap (e.g Seijka, Quinlan, Hastings). Some good news for the mighty red v!

BennyV

Referee
So next year is...

1 Dugan
2 Nighty
3, Green/thompson/farrell
4, Runciman
5, Morris
6, Widdop
7, Williams/Seikja

It's an improvement to say the least...

It's a pretty good backline, keep in mind that Beale will be pushing for pretty much any spot in there aswell...all depends on game plan and forwards though, if Price (assuming he is coach) can devise a game plan that allows these back to flourish and throw the ball around (not being robots) and the forwards can lay a platform, we will look great...

Capital_Dragon

Juniors
Yep with Williams on board and Beale coming back we could have a very good backline (easily top 8). But I agree with BennyV that it will be up to Price to get it all to hang together and I just don't think he up to the task.

saint.nick

Coach
Really?

...My son is quite the Gunners fan, mind you still a tick short of his fanatacism for Dragons.

The more I look into them the more Arsenal remind me of Dragons.

The history of the club, enigmatic, and iconic. The fans!!

Arsenal are nowhere near the same league as Liverpool when it comes to fans and history

saint.nick

Coach
Finally we have found our halfback we have been looking for. No more playing people out of position (e.g Nathan Fien and Chase Stanley). It looks like one very talented halves pairing on paper, hopefully they can pull through next season. And if it doesn't work out, we have a couple of very capable youngsters to bridge the gap (e.g Seijka, Quinlan, Hastings). Some good news for the mighty red v!

Hastings is gone mate

nrlnrl

First Grade
Real reactionaries here...his comments sound like they were in reference to a mid season swap. You guys are far too sensitive, he can't talk up another club whilst still playing at the raiders.

I'm still not convinced about him, but maybe he'll blend in with Widdop & other players around him...

broncos2010

Juniors
Looks like the dragons do all there business in Canberra.

3 players snapped up from canberra this year Thompson,Dugan and now Sam Williams.

DRAGONS_10

Juniors
Taken from the Dragons website:

"The St George Illawarra Dragons on Friday announced they have signed halfback Sam Williams to a one-year contract that will see him join the Club from next season until at least the end of 2014.
The Cooma Colts junior is presently contracted with the Canberra Raiders and has made a career total of 40 first-grade appearances to date.
The former Junior Kangaroos halfback was named the Raiders’ ‘Rookie of the Year’ in 2011 and has been selected in both the NSW Country and NSW Cup Representative teams respectively this season.
Williams, 22, is signed for the 2014 season with an option for a second season and will join the Dragons in November."

Good stuff, hopefully he kills it and we extend his contract.

Craig93

Juniors
1 year is a short contract.
Could that length hint we may be after Shaun Johnson when his time is up at the warriors?

Latest posts