What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same Sh&t Different Day

God-King Dean

Immortal
Sooner we remove the cancers in the shape of Price, McGregor, & C Young the better.

Alas, jobs for the boys.

But hey guys, we won a whole bunch premierships 5 decades ago, so it's okay!

TheRev

First Grade
Were not going to be 0-6, I mean its possible, but it could just as easily be 3-3, lots of sides are inconsistent at the start of a season, and we can score points if luck goes with us or Duges is killing it.

TruSaint

Referee
Do we have the longest reigning CEO in the NRL at present?
I think we do, as I cant think of anyone else in the current crop having held a post this long.

Gazzaw

Juniors
Were not going to be 0-6, I mean its possible, but it could just as easily be 3-3, lots of sides are inconsistent at the start of a season, and we can score points if luck goes with us or Duges is killing it.

Rev, I respect your thoughts, but should we need luck to score points? Or Duges to kill it? How about having the confidence that we will perform across the paddock like the professionally run/organised & drilled team that we are suppose to be. After the nines I am not at all confident

TruSaint

Referee
Rev, I respect your thoughts, but should we need luck to score points? Or Duges to kill it? How about having the confidence that we will perform across the paddock like the professionally run/organised & drilled team that we are suppose to be. After the nines I am not at all confident

Gaz, you will that in essence Rev is in agrement with you.
That is, only the fact that its early and rusty times, and we have a few individual players with skill, would avoid us being 0-6.

Correct me if Im wrong Rev.
From what I have also seen, my confidence has been smashed. I am very concerned about our fitness. I have said it a few times, we looked stuffed over the weekend.

giboz71

First Grade
I'm just looking for some good performances from individuals and some evidence of players actually being 'coached'.

I'm sick of players coming to the club with good reputations and playing like busted idiots. Vidot and Chase Stanley were prime examples. Frizzell and Harrison came last year with good credentials and neither impressed at all.

Stanley, King and De Belin were all highly prized rookies and none have really kicked on (is it a wonder Hastings left??)

Seems to me that coaching or recruitment need to be examined?

All eyes will be on Widdop, Williams and Thompson this year. If all have bad years, won't be too difficult to work out why? Find it difficult to believe that players become shite overnight? Soward will most likely prove that if and when he kills it for the Panthers.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Good post... you r right.
If they could play footy under another coach, why the downfall?

I only disagree with Frizzell. I rate him as a damaging forward, and is always in the mix.

Highland Saint

Juniors
Gaz, you will that in essence Rev is in agrement with you.
That is, only the fact that its early and rusty times, and we have a few individual players with skill, would avoid us being 0-6.

Correct me if Im wrong Rev.
From what I have also seen, my confidence has been smashed. I am very concerned about our fitness. I have said it a few times, we looked stuffed over the weekend.

Agreed Tru. The entire off-season optimism has been based on our recruits and regulars clicking and stepping up. We have yet to see the full squad together in action so much like the last 2 years I'll be blindly hoping it just comes together. I'll be there cheering the boys this Saturday but just looking at the souths line up and our form I've got that oh so familiar sour feeling in my stomach. Regardless , Go the Dragons! !

pinkmoon

Juniors
I know we have a culture of well behaved players, but we also have a culture of a soft underbelly. I would like the club to take a leaf out of the Sea Eagles book and harden up, play tough, get dirty, despise losing, and show some passion. They should all follow Dean Young's example and put some pride into the jumper!

TruSaint

Referee
Yes Highland, go the Mighties.
I will be honest and say I dont care TOO much about the result... but I want to see something to ignite the fire. Pricey, you have your team. Show us what you can do...

Over to you Steve.
PS i dont think i can endure another 2013... Xanax / Zoloft / etc. :)

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dragons have a very good roster. If they don't perform it's defiantly the coach. But I rate the 2012 side probably slightly better than 2014 only because of all the experience they had coming off 3 great seasons 1 being a premiership season.

Interesting to see how Prior, Chase, Vidot and King go as well at their new clubs. Prior looked great for the Sharks. Still can't believe Au Mau was kept ahead of him. AuMau was complete rubbish in the 9's compared to Prior. A game based on skill and pace and Au Mau has none of that. Leikvol probably has more skill and pace than Au Mau. Suprised Price did not make him captain.
Chase did one good offload that led to a try in the final game but apart from that did not look anything special. Vidot did not even get a run.
King will not get many minutes based on the form of the hooker that played on the weekend (Mitchell I think his name is). He was better off staying and fighting for his spot with Rein as Rein looks to continue with his poor form from last season. Most hookers were impressive on the weekend for their clubs bar Rein. Garvey stood out more tha Rein and should have first crack.

chillwinston

Juniors
I'm not concerned about the fitness, that will be right by round 1. All teams take a few trials to get their fitness up and the 9's was played at a ridiculous pace that you wouldn't see for more then a few mins in a normal game..

I'm looking forward to the Charity Shield, just as long as we put in a good all round performance.

Saint Anger

Juniors
Nailed on to get pumped in the Charity Shield.

It's February and already Supercoach has squeezed whatever positive vibes I may have had, right out of me.

Souths plenty. Us single figures.

gorilla

First Grade
Dragons have a very good roster. If they don't perform it's defiantly the coach. But I rate the 2012 side probably slightly better than 2014 only because of all the experience they had coming off 3 great seasons 1 being a premiership season.

Interesting to see how Prior, Chase, Vidot and King go as well at their new clubs. Prior looked great for the Sharks. Still can't believe Au Mau was kept ahead of him. AuMau was complete rubbish in the 9's compared to Prior. A game based on skill and pace and Au Mau has none of that. Leikvol probably has more skill and pace than Au Mau. Suprised Price did not make him captain.
Chase did one good offload that led to a try in the final game but apart from that did not look anything special. Vidot did not even get a run.
King will not get many minutes based on the form of the hooker that played on the weekend (Mitchell I think his name is). He was better off staying and fighting for his spot with Rein as Rein looks to continue with his poor form from last season. Most hookers were impressive on the weekend for their clubs bar Rein. Garvey stood out more tha Rein and should have first crack.

Poor old Prior - I thought he was badly played and positioned.

A lot of his problems were due to coaching and position - I mean FFS, playing centre ?

He may well prove a great buy for CSRLFC.

gonz

Juniors
I know we have a culture of well behaved players, but we also have a culture of a soft underbelly. I would like the club to take a leaf out of the Sea Eagles book and harden up, play tough, get dirty, despise losing, and show some passion. They should all follow Dean Young's example and put some pride into the jumper!

The coach and his assistants don't have that aura
of tuffness and spill blood for your mates.

LatK7

First Grade
Nailed on to get pumped in the Charity Shield.

It's February and already Supercoach has squeezed whatever positive vibes I may have had, right out of me.

Souths plenty. Us single figures.

This is my thinking as much as I hate to admit.

Nfi where our points will come from in the CS. Hoping Widdop provides the structure we've lacked.

FlameThrower

Bench
This is my thinking as much as I hate to admit.

Nfi where our points will come from in the CS. Hoping Widdop provides the structure we've lacked.

No point clutching at straws - hold off the panic button, till the weekend. And I don't care what anybody says the charity shield is a litmus test on what has occurred over the off season.

Over to you Price and Co.

Go the Dragons!

eozsmiles

Bench

No coincidence that the year you won the comp you had Costigan, Smith, and Scott.
Last year the chooks had JWH and O'Donnell.
In '97 Paul Harragon famously fired up the Knights by saying "Nobody gets sent off in grand finals".

I reckon nearly all premiers have players that aren't just tough, but willing to forget the rulebook for 30 seconds if need be. Terry Lamb anyone?

jenninga

First Grade

Yes,yes,yes and yes,agree with all that.
BBBBut he did well against Parra,Tigers and Warriors .Sh*t the rest of the time.

jenninga

First Grade
The coach and his assistants don't have that aura
of tuffness and spill blood for your mates.

Craig Young must have forgotten how many times he bled for the redv.
About time he instilled his toughness on our boys.