What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow is leaving souths....just announced on 2ky

Hindyscrack

Bench
We made the grand final, that's why. And KK would cost us 120k under the salary cap due to the NRL's match payments rule, even though he was willing to sign for less.

Fair enough on the Kingston comment, but every Tom Dick and Harry could tell that Robson had nothing to do with the form of the team. His game in the grand final was true indicator of his real potential.

TheParraboy

Staff member
we should play 'enter sandman' as the entrance music for his first game at parra stadium :D

sandman_01.jpg

Eels Dude

Coach
Fair enough on the Kingston comment, but every Tom Dick and Harry could tell that Robson had nothing to do with the form of the team. His game in the grand final was true indicator of his real potential.

True. But we did need a halfback. For the record he had a blinder the previous week in the prelim against the Dogs. At the end of the day, the club wanted to retain as much of the GF side as they could in the hope that form would carry over in 2010. It didn't work out, but I don't blame the club for thinking that way.

mickdo

Coach
True. But we did need a halfback. For the record he had a blinder the previous week in the prelim against the Dogs. At the end of the day, the club wanted to retain as much of the GF side as they could in the hope that form would carry over in 2010. It didn't work out, but I don't blame the club for thinking that way.

Exactly. Hindsight is 20/20, but if we'd let our halves pairing go straight after getting so close in 09 then the uproar would have been 100 times what is was prior to 8am today. It didn't help that our offloading style was binned the following year, which was what got us there in the first place.

azsportza

Live Update Team
This is a quick idea what of Chris Sandow looks like in Parramatta Colours.

sandowparra.png

like I said quick idea...

Runaround Man

Juniors
Our spine is starting to form.

We have a 1 (Hayne to stay fullback for years to come) a 7. Next I believe SK will be looking to get a 9. The spine will be the focus. We have the forwards already. The backs will have to wait a bit. The spine is the priority.

He is copying the Melbourne model no doubt - I am fine with that.

Hindyscrack

Bench

We have a 1 (Hayne to stay fullback for years to come) a 7. Next I believe SK will be looking to get a 9. The spine will be the focus. We have the forwards already. The backs will have to wait a bit. The spine is the priority.

Its the key to any good football side, its not a new concept that Bellamy created.

caylo

Bench

Well if you ask me we have a 1, 7 and 9 tied up. I doubt SK will go after an expensive 9, maybe a jnr or just keep MaGuire and MKfor now.

With Hoppa target and possibbly Bliar or Myer SK is obviously after a backrower. Parra Pete mentioned Quade Cooper and SK could be after him aswell.

Even if we only get a few outside backs plus players like Humble and Matuia to come back we already have a top 8 team.

Gronk

Staff member
MMM Grill team have said this morning that Sandow will earn $600k and is now earning more than Inglis etc.

They even claim that they know what the top players earn and rank them: Top 10 Rich List #NRL | @GrillTeam 10. Idris 9. Hayne 8. Marshall 7. Gasnier 6. C Smith 5. Thurston 4. Sandow 3. Inglis 2. Slater 1. Locky

FMD thye have as much a chance of knowing what these guys are on as I do. Criminal that they can just sit there and BS.

Source: Twitter & 2MMM

TheParraboy

Staff member
Sandow can earn 900k a year for all I care

AS LONG AS WE WIN THE NEXT 5 PREMIERSHIPS (inc this year)

MMM Grill team have said this morning that Sandow will earn $600k and is now earning more than Inglis etc.

They even claim that they know what the top players earn and rank them: Top 10 Rich List #NRL | @GrillTeam 10. Idris 9. Hayne 8. Marshall 7. Gasnier 6. C Smith 5. Thurston 4. Sandow 3. Inglis 2. Slater 1. Locky

FMD thye have as much a chance of knowing what these guys are on as I do. Criminal that they can just sit there and BS.

Dude, Seriously anyone with the IQ of Mark Geyer on a show should tell ya everything. DUMB.

Let them say what they want to say. We'll just keep signing players ;-)

peddles

Juniors

Yeah I heard this too. They even claimed this is CAP money (not 3rd party deals). Where do they get this BS seriously?

In contrast I watched Sportsline on Sky News channel last night when they were discussing it. One of the commentators there mentioned that for him, the biggest issue was not what Parra paid, but if Souths wanted him so much, why didn't they resign / negotiate with him before resigning other players.......

Whatever the case, we needed a halfback, he was off contract and the best available. I believe we paid what we had to in order to get his signature. Good enough for me!

Gronk

Staff member

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
geez Merritt wouldn't be getting too many brownie points from Rusty

wonder if he's on Twitter

mickdo

Coach
So, anyone think Rusty will drop Sandow back to reserves for the rest of the season?

Latest posts