What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
His defense was still very poor at times today.

Easy to overlook when he's attacking so well, but shouldn't be ignored.

He'll need a lot of work in this area.

He misses a lot and he'll never be a good defender, but one thing he does bring is the possibility of big defensive plays, like when he knocked Boyd into the in-goal today.

Also, what was with him standing over Boyd like a complete f**kwit when he tackled him in-goal?
Even the referee had to tell him to get away.
Still can't stand the fact that we will have someone so unlikable playing for us next year.

These unlikeable players are supposed to be likeable to their own fans - it's called tribalism, as in 'he's our f**kwit'. I hated him until he signed with us. Now I love the little merkin.

Also, these kinds of players can cause the opposition to lose their cool and make big mistakes.

Suitman

Post Whore
I mustn't be reading the right threads, or maybe I've skipped over the negative posts... I haven't seen much negativity about Sandow's signing at all?

No-one's really been crying out for us to go into 2012 with Morts and Robson and Maguire as our first choice halves anyway. So with at least two of those guys leaving you'd think any signing is a good signing?

Yes, you'd think so, eh?

Suity

Parra Pride

Referee
These unlikeable players are supposed to be likeable to their own fans - it's called tribalism, as in 'he's our f**kwit'. I hated him until he signed with us. Now I love the little merkin.

I feel the exact same way in relation to Sandow, I just can't wait 'til he is in the blue and gold, that way I don't have to like a 50uff$ player anymore.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
One could argue that there was a point in time, however briefly, that Tim Smith was a genuine half.

Also Jason Taylor.

But both of them failed us in big games, and I think the key to that was their lack of a running game. I think for a halfback to be truly effective he has to be a threat when he runs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I can't understand why there are people who are upset with the signing tbh. Sure, he is rocks or diamonds a lot of the time...but when the kid is on, he's really on.
I'd take Rock or diamonds over what we have ATM Rocks and more friggen Rocks :crazy:

Eels Dude

Coach
Sandow's kicking game terrific today. We've lacked that tactical kicking game despite haynes long kicking game and massive bombs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Couldn't agree more.

Brett f**king finch.......pfft
lolfinch27ya.gif

LOLFinch.gif