What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW back in the NRL in 2013

Canard

Immortal
Reports that the NZ TV deal has increased by 1 million dollars already just shows that he will be worth the investment and the Roosters wont be the only one reaping the rewards. The Warriors have already moved their Round 2 game against us to a 50k seater stadium, would be awesome if it got near capacity. I guess time will tell just how big an impact he will have on the game.

Likely he wont be fit for this game though? Thats going to be Rothfield's angle all year, "NRL set to lose money from SBW injury"

And when he is fit "Stubborn NRL refuse to move game from Parramatta Stadium" etc.

nqcowboy87

Bench
pfft sbw proved nothing new at the press conference, its almost like playing league is like he promised his parents hed do the mowing before he went to movies and so he has to do the mowing. he mentioed once in that whole press conference a positive about league the rest of the time it was about boxing or how much he misses union. i honestly dont think he cares much for any sport, he may enjoy union more but i dont think he has any care for it. id be willing to bet he plays for a year to honour his hand shake agreement then go back to union on a big fat cheque. i hope he gets injured in a legitimate hit and sulks back to union or is that going too far

Amozzie

Juniors
Expediency.

The term has no greater example than this whole episode. The NRL has cheapened itself & its brand & seem ignorant to it.

taste2taste

Juniors
imo, what Folau did was worse, left our game to go to our no.1 competitor as a walking billboard.

No one was forcing Williams to come back to league he could have stayed in union and had a bludge but chose the tougher challenge.

Players leave and go in other sports all the time, i dont have any problem with Williams returning.

Amozzie

Juniors
imo, what Folau did was worse, left our game to go to our no.1 competitor as a walking billboard.

No one was forcing Williams to come back to league he could have stayed in union and had a bludge but chose the tougher challenge.

Players leave and go in other sports all the time, i dont have any problem with Williams returning.
Folau didn't trash the sport with his behavior.
He clearly stated in advance what he intended to do. His team mates & the code were aware that he would be switching codes.

dogslife

Coach

Folau had the decency to walk away when his contract expired

/comparisons

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

Union has been trying to kill off rugby league since 1895. AFL is nothing compared to that.

Danish

Referee
Folau didn't trash the sport with his behavior.
He clearly stated in advance what he intended to do. His team mates & the code were aware that he would be switching codes.

I guess you missed the dozens if not hundreds of folau propaganda interviews in his 2 years with AFL rubbishing league compared to that stupid code

RWB

Bench
Likely he wont be fit for this game though? Thats going to be Rothfield's angle all year, "NRL set to lose money from SBW injury"

And when he is fit "Stubborn NRL refuse to move game from Parramatta Stadium" etc.

Best case scenario is he'll be back a month before the pre-season, worst case scenario is he'll miss a month of footy. The pessimists are all over the possibility of him being out injured ala Skeepe.

SBW gave the indication that he'll be fit for round 1 yesterday, just have to wait and see I guess. I hope he is fit for round 2, Round 1 is a huge game in its own right and wont lose much without him but it'd be great to see the Warriors get a huge crowd in Round 2.

BunniesMan

Immortal
One year contract for a seriously injured player who won't start preseason training until months after his teammates. ONE YEAR CONTRACT. He wants to play in the next Rugby World cup. ONE YEAR CONTRACT.

Mark my words, this will bite the Roosters on the arse.

Haffa

Folau had the decency to walk away when his contract expired

/comparisons

Didn't he sign a four year deal with the Broncos? His contract expired because he exercised an option in his contract. Not the same, I know, but still no saint.

sretsoor

Juniors
One year contract for a seriously injured player who won't start preseason training until months after his teammates. ONE YEAR CONTRACT. He wants to play in the next Rugby World cup. ONE YEAR CONTRACT.

Mark my words, this will bite the Roosters on the arse.

Lol you sound like you care. Soft spot for the chooks eh lmao:lol:

Latest posts