What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scapegoat Syndrome: spreading

lockyno1

Post Whore
aids said:
every team has one, so why not complie a list

Broncos: Seymore
Bulldogs: sh*tslowski and Brideson
Canberra: everyone apart from Carney
Nukes: K. Gidley
Souffs: Merrit
Easts: Finch
Warriors: that guy with all the vowels in his name
Panfers: Hookey
Wests: Fitzy
Nullas: Dykes/Kimorly
Cows: Firman
Dragons: Simmons
Storm: Hill
Manly: Burns/Dunley
Eels: Smith :)))

Meritt is good, he is carving up in the fantasy team!

effnic

Bench
aids said:

Wrong and wrong nothing wrong with Burns besides his mouth but thats in the past, Dunley is a grub but still makes good meters so no complaints there, So you would be looking at Jason King and for me personally Kite drops to many balls and even both of them are going great guns this year.

sydraider

First Grade
reptar said:
I don't think we do have a good roster, though.

A lot of that comes down to our retention ability, and the inability of our coaches to convert talented youngsters into solid first graders.

I don't know how much you know about our squad, but if you know even a little about it, do you agree with Chalk being in PL when Purtell is in the NRL team? Do you also think that the Carney's transition to first grade has been handled at all well?

This may or may not be Elliott's fault, but it will be interesting to see how things pan out. Elliott's reign at Penrith will allow us to form better judgement on what is happening at Canberra at the moment.

I think that has been most of our problem over the past decade. Meninga and Elliot were not coaches who could build a team and bring up talented youngsters.
If Henry is as good as these cowboys folk say he is, especially with the younger players, he should be able to build a very competitive side. We have been in a re-building stage for how many years now???

reptar

Juniors
sydraider said:
I think that has been most of our problem over the past decade. Meninga and Elliot were not coaches who could build a team and bring up talented youngsters.
If Henry is as good as these cowboys folk say he is, especially with the younger players, he should be able to build a very competitive side. We have been in a re-building stage for how many years now???

Since about 1996. haha. Sick of it.

Inferno

Coach
aids said:

Whilst there is minimal arguement with kimmorley, most sharks fans would have a lot of arguements against Dykes.

He has been among our best this year, clear best last 2 games and is in outstanding form right now.

dubby

Bench
reptar said:
That's a reason, isn't it? :lol:

Of course, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. All I know is that I'm very interested to see how things progress at Canberra once Henry takes over. I'm also very interested to see how Penrith goes over the next couple of years.

The reason, as you mention later on, is our average roster of players. ;-)

Chook

First Grade
The FOFF was started as a joke but became the rallying cry of all that loath Finch and his years of inconsistently producing consistent garbage.

While ever they are sporting teams that lose there will always be scapegoats, Rugby League fans are no different.

Chook.

reptar said:
Chalk being in PL when Purtell is in the NRL teamquote]

I'm pretty sure that Chalk scored 4 tries in a game against Souths in his debut or one of his first games?

I thought Chalk could be a champion. Another Covell! :cool:

Chook said:
While ever they are sporting teams that lose there will always be scapegoats, Rugby League fans are no different.

Chook.

Hard for there not to be teams that lose. Why can't fans just accept that someone has to come last and some teams need to lose more than they win. It can't be any other way.