What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scapegoat Syndrome: spreading

keeney

First Grade
I think you're interpreting the situation incorrectly, at least in terms of the FOKF (Kurt Gidley). In this case it's hardly a blaming of one player for all the team's ills, but more of a venting of frustration. Simply, Kidley has continually demonstrated an inpetness that one would not expect of a First Grade quality 5/8, and despite that, and with a better alternative available, he is repeatedly chosen. I believe therein the motivation to create said foundation lies. Seeing as it isn't the players fault he is chosen, perhaps a foundation blaming Hagan would have better suited.

Now I agree that it appears overly harsh, but since when has subtility been the favoured appraoch across this means of communication. The internet reduces human interaction to entirely text based means (obviously), BUT this causes the finer points of intonation and emotion to be lost. As such, not wishing to have his/her? meaning misinterpreted a blunt, but also clear message was used.

I doubt the originator of this particular foundation put any thought into it, being as he/she is not the brightest of us, but I would wager singling Kidley out as a scapegoat was hardly his intention.

Mr Saab

Referee
Minto and Seymour are not there. Carlaw is injured. Brisbane travelling as per the norm rounds 1-20.

cainen

Juniors
This year: Hookey

Last year: Franze

While both have been crap, other parts of the team have been equally as crap at times.

Johns Magic

Referee
Godz Illa said:
I can't resist alliteration btw.

Anyway following on from the lamewad FOFFs, I have seen evidence of a Cowboys version (Firman) and even now a Knights version (Kurt Gidley). I think these people blaming all of their team's ills on one player are either incapable of abstract thought or just plain mean. Look deeper and don't follow the crowd, is all I'm saying.

Please, go and watch Kurt Gidley and you'll see exactly how bad he is as a playmaker. Don't accuse me of being a sheep either, because I would've been just about the first Knights fan on this board to say it.

Inferno

Coach
A lot of Shark fans can't stand Simmons, but there are few that actually blame any losses on him totally. Kimmorley on the other hand...

Jayell

Juniors
Any knights fan who has watched the last few seasons would be aware of kurt gidley's poor performances. He simply isnt up to grade, and up until now we havent had much depth in that department. As a supporter it should be ok to vent that by having a F*** of Kidley foundation as a bit of a laugh...or whatever. I'm sure mr Gidley is not a regular viewer of this forum...and even if he was i'm sure he would not think much of it as he would assume we're all a bunch of losers.
Stop being so conservative and let fans have a say and a vent. At the end of the day its gonna make jacksh*t difference to the player and the team.
Bring on Jarrod Mullen!

salivor

First Grade
You'd see things a little differently if Seymour played for your club.

I don't for a second blame the Broncos woes on Seymour, our problems go far deeper than that. What is frustrating though is seeing a consistantly poor performer get rewarded with a first grade spot week after week while people crap on about potential that quite clearly isn't there. At the end of the day though it looks like Bennett has agreed with me and other fans that Seymour no longer warranted a first grade spot and has been dumped him for a 28yo with a handful of first grade games behind him in a decade of being on the League scene. And funnily enough even he has shown up Seymour with his performances to date.

So the f**k off Seymour Foundation is here to stay as we haven't suddenly become world beaters with his axing and that wasn't expected but I'm happy to see my club somewhat on the right track and that poor form has been held accountable. Unfortunatly it doesn't change the situation where we've waved goodbye to Prince and Barnes in the last 2 years in the hope that Seymour would be the answer to the gap left by Allan Langer instead.

Roy

Juniors
Well i think kurt would make a great center or lock but no one in our club will ever pick him there, so he must go.

Balmain_Boy

Spot on Godz, I couldn't agree more. I mean f**k, my team has Fitzhenry, probably the worst of the scapegoats. But there's no way all our ills can be put down to him.

reptar

Juniors
dubby said:
You forgot our biggest scapegoat....Mathew Elliot.

That's a reason, isn't it? :lol:

Of course, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. All I know is that I'm very interested to see how things progress at Canberra once Henry takes over. I'm also very interested to see how Penrith goes over the next couple of years.

pantherz9103

First Grade
reptar said:
That's a reason, isn't it? :lol:

Of course, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. All I know is that I'm very interested to see how things progress at Canberra once Henry takes over. I'm also very interested to see how Penrith goes over the next couple of years.

I'd love it if he does better with us than he did at Canberra (well, obviously)

How would the Canberra fans react? Those that keep saying they've got a good roster, but just a bad coach.

Priddis has agreed to stay! What a big relief

I'll ease back on my FOOL and FOGM thoughts (f**k off O'Leary and f**k off Glen Matthews)

reptar

Juniors
pantherz9103 said:
I'd love it if he does better with us than he did at Canberra (well, obviously)

How would the Canberra fans react? Those that keep saying they've got a good roster, but just a bad coach.

Priddis has agreed to stay! What a big relief

I'll ease back on my FOOL and FOGM thoughts (f**k off O'Leary and f**k off Glen Matthews)

I don't think we do have a good roster, though.

A lot of that comes down to our retention ability, and the inability of our coaches to convert talented youngsters into solid first graders.

I don't know how much you know about our squad, but if you know even a little about it, do you agree with Chalk being in PL when Purtell is in the NRL team? Do you also think that the Carney's transition to first grade has been handled at all well?

This may or may not be Elliott's fault, but it will be interesting to see how things pan out. Elliott's reign at Penrith will allow us to form better judgement on what is happening at Canberra at the moment.

reptar

Juniors
That said, I wish Elliott luck at Penrith. Hopefully he can do better at Penrith than he has at Canberra.

Hopefully Henry will do better at Canberra than Elliott has at Canberra too.

aids

Bench
every team has one, so why not complie a list

Broncos: Seymore
Bulldogs: sh*tslowski and Brideson
Canberra: everyone apart from Carney
Nukes: K. Gidley
Souffs: Merrit
Easts: Finch
Warriors: that guy with all the vowels in his name
Panfers: Hookey
Wests: Fitzy