What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Quigs

Immortal
f**kwit ..... ( I couldn't resist with such a window of opportunity)

Bloody Tories they should be shot.

And I blame Greenburgh. Toddy are you listening. If we didn't have an offseason then I would not have to bear witness to all my comrades in here losing the plot.

Sack everyone.

carcharias

Immortal
LOLOL I sell to suncoast gold . They crack value add to some and only sell kernal . Theres another mob in town gives a bit more and sells nut in shell direct to China . You worried about Price in Australia? I had at least Two ton nuts could not pick up due to damage to trees leaves , inaccessibility etc You want cheap nuts ? come to my place Ill give you a room to stay , you pick up nuts manually in thje difficult places and Ill give you 50 % of Price I get . I have worked out that two people working im tandem should get about 40 dollars an hour each doing it but takes HARD work and co operation .. Probably not how you like spending your holidays aye ? China got plenty cheap labour to pick up nuts . They also got more trees than us . So does South Africa. What s your Brilliant point Then ?
What % do you sell here in Australia was my question.

you ramble on like scomo

Coote spelt it out on Tv, when interviewed, he had nothing to gain by pretending it didn't happen.
FWIW ,my daughter lived at Gymea Bay for a few years, and had a gum tree right near the house, and needed to trim it back.This stuffing around with Council to get the go ahead was unbelievable. She had a tree also near the front causing problems, so I decided stuff that, and cut and pulled the bastard out myself with a couple of mates.
I get a call from my wife at work many years ago, she's had a car accident ,a large branch from a tree off Caringbah Road fell on her bonnet whilst driving and missed either killing her or doing serious harm.A person who lived opposite to where the tree was located, noted the council was aware of this tree having issues and still did nothing.I rang them and they didn't want to know me, and I could have ended up a widower.And I paid for the repair excess naturally.

I don't blame wholly any specific group, all have played their part in where we are at.Everyone has a view on the matter.I Blame hypocrisy when overseas film stars tell us what to do, and they flit around the world guzzling gas.Big cars, big houses, big egos.
I put it to you this way,I suggested even some Happy Clappers know there's global warming, the friggin summers are far hotter and last longer.
Morrison(at times a tad disconnected) is not an out and out climate denialist, he is trying to balance getting under the 26-28% below the 2005 figure by 2030 as agreed in 2015,without turfing huge numbers of people out of work ,Craig Kelly is an out and out denialist,so is Allan Jones.

Even Albo stated you can't just shut down coal industries ,as other countries will take up the slack and flog it to China.and the problem still remains.As did Fitzgibbon in the Hunter.

The point is, is it just only burning fossil fuels, when the Amazon ,and SE Asian jungles are being cleared ,they produce oxygen.And the countries with the 3 biggest populations are causing the bulk of the problem, yet demos will not spell that issue out.They are also in denial.
They are shaming people now for flying ,is that tolerance?

No one side is tolerant of the matter.I'v seen it in debates ,at demos ,on Tv News.To offer any alternate,differing view or suggestion you are called a f...kwit.

On a positive, the "Greta Kids against democracy" generation, are going to grow up dumb as dog shit & get totally hammered by the kids that watch & snicker(the ones that dont wag school) in later years.
Will be fun viewing a question time.

carcharias

Immortal
Coote spelt it out on Tv, when interviewed, he had nothing to gain by pretending it didn't happen.
FWIW ,my daughter lived at Gymea Bay for a few years, and had a gum tree right near the house, and needed to trim it back.This stuffing around with Council to get the go ahead was unbelievable. She had a tree also near the front causing problems, so I decided stuff that, and cut and pulled the bastard out myself with a couple of mates.
I get a call from my wife at work many years ago, she's had a car accident ,a large branch from a tree off Caringbah Road fell on her bonnet whilst driving and missed either killing her or doing serious harm.A person who lived opposite to where the tree was located, noted the council was aware of this tree having issues and still did nothing.I rang them and they didn't want to know me, and I could have ended up a widower.And I paid for the repair excess naturally.

I don't blame wholly any specific group, all have played their part in where we are at.Everyone has a view on the matter.I Blame hypocrisy when overseas film stars tell us what to do, and they flit around the world guzzling gas.Big cars, big houses, big egos.
I put it to you this way,I suggested even some Happy Clappers know there's global warming, the friggin summers are far hotter and last longer.
Morrison(at times a tad disconnected) is not an out and out climate denialist, he is trying to balance getting under the 26-28% below the 2005 figure by 2030 as agreed in 2015,without turfing huge numbers of people out of work ,Craig Kelly is an out and out denialist,so is Allan Jones.

Even Albo stated you can't just shut down coal industries ,as other countries will take up the slack and flog it to China.and the problem still remains.As did Fitzgibbon in the Hunter.

The point is, is it just only burning fossil fuels, when the Amazon ,and SE Asian jungles are being cleared ,they produce oxygen.And the countries with the 3 biggest populations are causing the bulk of the problem, yet demos will not spell that issue out.They are also in denial.
They are shaming people now for flying ,is that tolerance?

No one side is tolerant of the matter.I'v seen it in debates ,at demos ,on Tv News.To offer any alternate,differing view or suggestion you are called a f...kwit.
This is a good post.
To me political parties are like the two big banks.
No difference really
Both will f**k you.

I’ve read a fairly balanced article ( almost ) by author Richard Flanagan.
He mentions that during fires in December that the opposition leader was touring a coal mine.

Also
I went to school with Craig Kelly
I had a girlfriend who was best friends with his sister
I’ve actually been in his old house with him there.
Ha
Obviously this was before climate change.

What % do you sell here in Australia was my question.

you ramble on like scomo
100% Already answered if you could comprehend ." Suncoast gold" Australian " Local company .. Youve obviously been trolling so you can take a tiny bit of information with NO context and throw it back like you did with the tractor quip . I still await an apology .. Haha! . SIMPLE Question for you ? Why do you ask ?

carcharias

Immortal
100% Already answered if you could comprehend ." Suncoast gold" Australian " Local company .. Youve obviously been trolling so you can take a tiny bit of information with NO context and throw it back like you did with the tractor quip . I still await an apology .. Haha! . SIMPLE Question for you ? Why do you ask ?
f**k Me dead you’re paranoid

it was a legitimate question.

the reason I asked was I was at a macadamia farm at Byron in October.
It was some tourist thing and they mentioned they export heaps of it.
I love them but they are so expensive.
I was wondering if you still get the same sort of price or more for export.
That was all.
FFS
Not everything is about politics is or some other f**ked up argument.

This is a good post.
To me political parties are like the two big banks.
No difference really
Both will f**k you.

I’ve read a fairly balanced article ( almost ) by author Richard Flanagan.
He mentions that during fires in December that the opposition leader was touring a coal mine.

Also
I went to school with Craig Kelly
I had a girlfriend who was best friends with his sister
I’ve actually been in his old house with him there.
Ha
Obviously this was before climate change.

Rambled a bit. LOL Sorry Taipan just kidding.you at least put things in context ,unlike carch who just trolls . Pleased to see where Taipan confirmed what I said earlier about just Taking the tree out aftr Council stuffed them around . Councils are scared shitless about litigation . SAFETY ISSUE - Litigation 3 words ... Shuts them up !.

Anyway Now Carch has lost focus and playing with doodle or whatever,,Ill add somethinmg else about Councils . My best mate is Finance Officer , of a NSW council , Been doing it many yrs with several councils Has a Masters im Business Administration . He says that councils have long been using climate Projections from BOM and CSIRO in planning budgets . Says the accuracy is amazing especially gets better as many councils amalgamated so the data was over larger area . (Sorry carch I know thats difficult to understand so go back to sleep.) He reckons Many councils would have well and truly been Bankrupted without those projections ... You know from CSIRO BOM the first link I posted for carch .?
Also insurance companies ... Where do you think they've been going to forcast their needs the increased length of Fire season , more severe weather events etc ?
Oh yeah Sermons ? Most Ive been too the basis is ,you must first just "beleive " On "Faith ".Stick to the given line . Dont worry about evidence ...repeat same stuff over and over ,dont worry about context ,.Ignore anything to contrary ..... Sounds more like " beleivers " in here.

carcharias

Immortal
Rambled a bit. LOL Sorry Taipan just kidding.you at least put things in context ,unlike carch who just trolls . Pleased to see where Taipan confirmed what I said earlier about just Taking the tree out aftr Council stuffed them around . Councils are scared shitless about litigation . SAFETY ISSUE - Litigation 3 words ... Shuts them up !.

Anyway Now Carch has lost focus and playing with doodle or whatever,,Ill add somethinmg else about Councils . My best mate is Finance Officer , of a NSW council , Been doing it many yrs with several councils Has a Masters im Business Administration . He says that councils have long been using climate Projections from BOM and CSIRO in planning budgets . Says the accuracy is amazing especially gets better as many councils amalgamated so the data was over larger area . (Sorry carch I know thats difficult to understand so go back to sleep.) He reckons Many councils would have well and truly been Bankrupted without those projections ... You know from CSIRO BOM the first link I posted for carch .?
Also insurance companies ... Where do you think they've been going to forcast their needs the increased length of Fire season , more severe weather events etc ?
Oh yeah Sermons ? Most Ive been too the basis is ,you must first just "beleive " On "Faith ".Stick to the given line . Dont worry about evidence ...repeat same stuff over and over ,dont worry about context ,.Ignore anything to contrary ..... Sounds more like " beleivers " in here.

Why are you so upset by me?

Try and keep the answer under 300 words if possible.
Cheers.

taipan

Referee
On a positive, the "Greta Kids against democracy" generation, are going to grow up dumb as dog shit & get totally hammered by the kids that watch & snicker(the ones that dont wag school) in later years.

She's a Swede.If she was really into it, she should also be hammering Volvo, pushing electric cars.
She should also be aware that one big Swedish company Vatten Fall a power company that generates electricity ,in the main from shock horror nuclear power.Now nuclear is clean but when Chernobyl hits the fan it takes 20,000 years to get back to normality.
Now she probably wears shoes with leather uppers, meaning cattle(that have a global warming input) have to be killed.
Her sneakers have either leathers ,textiles synthetics ,rubber, foam or plastic as part of their makeup.Some not exactly when made ,ecologically friendly.

Oh and she may wear clothes made out of cotton.It takes 10,000L of water to produce 1kg of cotton fabric.You know this precious colourless stuff that maintains life ,and helps put out bushfires.
How dare you.:rolleyes:

Man made GW is BS! Most Scientists are just repeating the BS they learnt from their so called peers
I believe in the Engadine Polly!

Brilliant! you and defer should donate your beautiful brains to science when you die . Oh wait!! Scientists know nothing !. Maybe send them to Alan Jones to compare it to a bag of rice and Defers to Scomo to compare with a lump of coal.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2...-on-climate-change-here-are-the-f_a_22106707/

Quicksilver

Bench
She's a Swede.If she was really into it, she should also be hammering Volvo, pushing electric cars.
She should also be aware that one big Swedish company Vatten Fall a power company that generates electricity ,in the main from shock horror nuclear power.Now nuclear is clean but when Chernobyl hits the fan it takes 20,000 years to get back to normality.
Now she probably wears shoes with leather uppers, meaning cattle(that have a global warming input) have to be killed.
Her sneakers have either leathers ,textiles synthetics ,rubber, foam or plastic as part of their makeup.Some not exactly when made ,ecologically friendly.

Oh and she may wear clothes made out of cotton.It takes 10,000L of water to produce 1kg of cotton fabric.You know this precious colourless stuff that maintains life ,and helps put out bushfires.
How dare you.:rolleyes:

I can’t believe a child hasn’t entirely changed the world she was born in to.

What a hypocrite.

taipan

Referee
I can’t believe a child hasn’t entirely changed the world she was born in to.

What a hypocrite.

Well the world has stopped and taken notice so this "child" has had some impact, even at the U.N.

I admire her courageous efforts, but there are a number of issues to bring into account that are factors in global warming.eg demonstrating outside Brazilian embassy re de afforestation of the Amazon rain forest.
And outside the US/Chinese and Indian embassies for making the major impact.But they'll just keep on polluting.

No hypocrisy as I'm not out there protesting, just stating the facts.If my facts are wrong I'll gladly admit so.

carcharias

Immortal
India are going to ban plastic bags all together apparently.
Drummer in my band is Indian
Just got back from a trip and was telling us.
That’s a great move .
Even to just stop the rubbish .

txta2

Bench
Like the knobs in office now. Scotty from marketing ain't anywhere near qualified to be a PM. Kelly was a furniture salesman and don't forget old dickhead Barnaby.

Like the knobs in office now. Scotty from marketing ain't anywhere near qualified to be a PM. Kelly was a furniture salesman and don't forget old dickhead Barnaby.
I actually think he is pretty smart. Same as the Don. So smart in fact, that the haters forgot the polling booths closed & they will do & blame anything on them to try & get the booths to re-open.
Brilliant actually.

India are going to ban plastic bags all together apparently.
Drummer in my band is Indian
Just got back from a trip and was telling us.
That’s a great move .
Even to just stop the rubbish .

Agree, Took leadership and Govt action . I bet didnt just ask people to stop using Plastic.

When Ron Coote( a guy I greatly admire) states he could have saved his house near Lake Conjola, if he had been allowed to clear around his house,biut was not allowed to do so.That gives some idea of some of the problems involved.

Yes it's getting hotter,the NPWS were restrictive in their clearance of fuel loads, yes the Govt and Schmo had got caught out at times, yes we have a lot of sick lowlife arsonists who took advantage of the situation and just as low looters.

When I see people go to Brazilian embassies and protest the clearing of the massive Amazon jungle, go to Chinese,Indian and US embassies and protest their massive reliance on fossil fuels, tell film stars to stop gallivanting around the world in private jets or on regular runs,I'll join em.

Yep .Lets wait till everyones on board , on the same bandwagon and all singing in perfect harmony.

wibble

Bench
Well this thread has gone as expected.

I get that this was started as a dig at ScoMo and therefore makes any outrageous bashing of the other political “side” fair game. In that spirit…

So I am forced to agree with the ScoMo cheer squad that he has, by all appearances, actually won the last election and no amount of tears will drown out that reality.

I am reminded of my brother’s wise advice when I channelled Winston Churchill suggesting the election result sucked but it was less sucky than having a dictator. He said democracy may end up destroying us all. Sadly, if the wisdoms on display here are anything to go by (which they obviously are…), we are pretty much f*%#ed.

But in the enlightened spirit of Dragon Slayer’s post I can at least laugh at my foes between gasps for oxygen on this fine, smoke filled day.

And in these dark times, ScoMo has given us plenty to laugh about.

His trip to Hawaii as his home state burned was a pleasant distraction (after calling out Christine Nixon for going to dinner during the Black Saturday fires- obviously she didn’t go far enough).

His obvious knack for consoling and dealing with those directly in the fire’s fury has reassured us all about his fiscal wisdom. And we were mocking him for spending $190 000 on empathy training! He knows there is much more to be spent, but that was at least a good start (budget surplus be damned).

He may have oversold the Sydney test match, which was a bit of a fizzer, but his preppy tax payer funded ad with cute music selling us on his decisive policy making through the fire crisis was bang on. We should, after all, remain positive. It is not like anyone has died (well, at least not any firefighters). It makes you want to donate to the Liberals. Just be careful not to accidentally donate to a bushfire relief charity by mistake, that would be an actual tragedy.

And its about time someone stepped up and used our brave service men and women in a crisis like this. Too often they remain “neutral”, when the country is crying out for them to be used to support a good cause, like ScoMos Liberals.

Thankfully, we may soon have a Royal Commission into all this mess. Though that may depend on if they can get Shorten in its crosshairs (which would make it a good use of taxpayer’s funds, the moron going on about “fat cats” in his 1970s style election campaign deserves to be grilled in another Royal Commission). Hopefully we will find that cow manure is indeed a main cause of our current troubles (though maybe not in the literal way the leader of the Chinese Cotton Industry Party meant).

The coal whisperer himself may not want a royal commission, surely coal companies donate as much to his election funds as banks, and he rightly didn’t want those fine financial institutions having to disrupt the fine commerce of our country for little things like supporting paedophiles. But sensible, honest policy makers like our $80 million dollar energy minister may see it through.

I suggest letting Ross Garnaut head up the commission. That way we can safely ignore it for 10 more years until we have a decent fire emergency to bother ourselves with: one big enough to warrant the PM not leaving the country, unlike these camp fires we are dealing with.

There’ll be those who say Morrison should shove a sock down my throat. Thankfully the Jones’s of this world make up a tiny, tiny percentage of shock jocks so couldn’t actually have any effect on anything. And anyway, this time the Russian bots and Murdoch lackeys are right.

It really is about arsonists, and not climate change. Arsonists have caused a huge 1% of the fires, and only 99% have been caused by other things, least of which is climate change. I mean, as Pauline says, they can’t even tell if it will rain next week, let alone predict the climate for years (I’m with her, I’m packing bathers for a beach holiday in June in 5 years and stocking up on electric blankets for the following January. No climate model could accurately predict what it will be like then).

Luckily for us, ScoMo has perfected policy for keeping on top of troublemakers. I propose we lock up arsonists, and their children. That should serve as a deterrent and with arsonists out of the way, there is no reason we can’t enjoy decades of mild, balmy Australian summers.

With the decisive leadership ScoMo has shown recently, some say even more powerful than George W’s Katrina moment, hopefully we can all dismiss climate change as the real but not worrying phenomena that it is (actually denying it exists is sooo last decade, unless you’re Craig Kelly), and get back to worrying about real and important conservative issues, like 16 year old kids showing a social conscience (the nerve of them, what are kids coming to these days?), or Israel Folou’s unfair sacking.