What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

txta2

Bench
Maybe you could blame scomo for the erosion on the East coast from this massive low pressure system we have had the last few days?
Well you could blame extreme weather events on climate change but in his case its angry baby Jesus.
Another major f+ck up is on its way.
Community Development program...pork barrelling worth over a billion dollars.

carcharias

Immortal
Well you could blame extreme weather events on climate change but in his case its angry baby Jesus.
Another major f+ck up is on its way.
Community Development program...pork barrelling worth over a billion dollars.

pork barrelling
Is that where a government spends money on something in a place where the residents doesn’t usually Vote for them?

sounds sus, only problem is how nobody knows about these things that all the money was spent on until years later?

I saw one just yesterday.
They spent money on some art for some joint ???
How many normal everyday people are going to change their vote over a government art purchase?
If anything You’d think they’d lose votes for that.

Quicksilver

Bench
pork barrelling
Is that where a government spends money on something in a place where the residents doesn’t usually Vote for them?

sounds sus, only problem is how nobody knows about these things that all the money was spent on until years later?

I saw one just yesterday.
They spent money on some art for some joint ???
How many normal everyday people are going to change their vote over a government art purchase?
If anything You’d think they’d lose votes for that.

So you're saying the Liberals wasted money.

carcharias

Immortal
So you're saying the Liberals wasted money.
Not at all
Art itself can be an excellent investment .
I just question if you could call that pork barrelling.
Seriously how many new voters will that get you?

now if it was a massive pool with playgrounds and BBQ facilities etc you could argue it.
In saying that though what would be wrong with that anyway?

Quicksilver

Bench
Not at all
Art itself can be an excellent investment .
I just question if you could call that pork barrelling.
Seriously how many new voters will that get you?

now if it was a massive pool with playgrounds and BBQ facilities etc you could argue it.
In saying that though what would be wrong with that anyway?

There's nothing wrong with it as such. The argument usually is that it should be allocated on need, not on which seats are advantageous.

But it's a bit of a blur really given the way our electoral system is designed. A lot of these things are criticised if they don't meet certain criteria (or score very poorly) for a certain type of grant against other projects.

taipan

Referee
You obviously just read a line or two I write ,latch onto something, and go off on a tangent . Congratulations on landscaping your Garden and doing some good Gardening . All admirable,sure, but Im not sure its enough to get you on queens honours list , I suppose though if Mitch Hooke can get one ,why not you? Ill nominate you. The queen values my opinion . When did I suggest you might not be Happy ? That was accusation you threw at me . Where did I say you thought or I thought the world owes you or me a living ? What the f**k are you talking about ? I think We need to take care of the world better you idiot. Optimism or pessimism should not be part of any rational and objective analysis of anything.. Unfortunately I would admit to pessimism at chances of Humans ever addressing Climate change effectively. You apparently prefer the optimistic Denialism that it wont really effect us too much too soon , so lets do as little as possible.You are not alone in that. Thats why Im pessimistic about it.

When you preach the same old thing, which I've read a thousand times.You can extract any line and get the same result.
You have little idea of what I prefer, what I plan to do.It's the latter that is important.
Oh and the comments "the world doesn't owe me a living" applies to me, and that's what I try to live by.There are no doubt others in the world, who disagree with that view.

carcharias

Immortal
My 10 year old asked me who are the bad guys ( while we watched the news).

it’s harder to explain than you’d think.

jc155776

Coach
My 10 year old asked me who are the bad guys ( while we watched the news).

it’s harder to explain than you’d think.

The one's throwing things through windows, setting things on fire, and shooting at the Police would sum it up pretty well?

Oh and also the incompetent reckless Police making an arrest that started it, don't think you find any operational skills trainers in Australia ticking off that arrest as passable.

Different f**king worlds here to there.

Remember the G20 in Brisbane how Police handled that? Bottles of water being handed out to Protesters by Police, negotiators sitting down and chatting with protesters for a while before softly arresting them, walking them to a car and driving them home where they'd be un-arrested and set free? Compare that to the shit that's gone down at other G20s and the Police responses.

carcharias

Immortal
The one's throwing things through windows, setting things on fire, and shooting at the Police would sum it up pretty well?

Oh and also the incompetent reckless Police making an arrest that started it, don't think you find any operational skills trainers in Australia ticking off that arrest as passable.

Remember the G20 in Brisbane how Police handled that? Bottles of water being handed out to Protesters by Police, negotiators sitting down and chatting with protesters for a while before softly arresting them, walking them to a car and driving them home where they'd be un-arrested and set free? Compare that to the shit that's gone down at other G20s and the Police responses.

We are very lucky here.

Quicksilver

Bench

Nope. Wrong.

The whole United States is illegitimate. The "country" was founded by people throwing shit at, and shooting the rightful British rulers.

carinashark

First Grade
Yeah , what’s wrong with being British , worked ok for us. Though I would prefer if we had French colonial Government. It’s that sort of casual, wine drinking, meat , duck, pig eating, croissant, batard , coffee lifestyle I’m thinking of. More butter less marg. I like that f u we are the best attitude even when they know they are not.

That was a long time ago! Don't think our Cops couldn't react in some of the brutal ways Yank cops are at the moment ( treatment of two of our TV reporters as a case in point!) As with Covid the whole situation over there is being fuelled by Media with the same agenda- to keep them locked down while the Economy crashes. IMO It will happen here - lockdown will be reinstated, for one reason or another!

Latest posts