What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorned former Rooster 'to crow at Eels

parra pete

Referee
Prodigal Eel said:
Ok i pete, ill go even for injuries....i dont see the point, caus he could be playing ausome for the first 5 weeks....break his leg and out for the season. But for parras hope i wish he dosent get injured.

Your on, and you will see that even though your a selector, as i am for a rep soccer team......your understandement of how youth players work is very little IMO.

Bewdy...It'll add more interest to what will be a good season.
I won't be 'death riding' Tim Smith for an injury either. I hope he stays fit and healthy.
He can only get better, because, and I'm sure you will agree, he can't get any worse.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
He can only get better, because, and I'm sure you will agree, he can't get any worse.

IMO he can get alot worse....his season on field wasnt as bad as ppl make out....yes he wasnt on top of his game, but the situation was made worse caus of our poor start as a TEAM and his off field drama.....there were many players that should be raising there hand before timmy last season based on there performance.

The problem with youth players is that they cant handle media pressure to well, on top of inconsistant games. They havent reached that level of matuirty to be able to not listen on whats goin on and just concentrate of footy...IMO from what i have seen him do off the field towards the end of this season, i am led to believe he has learnt alot and will be a different man (notice i didnt use boy)!

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
Good onya mate. Stick to your guns...Hope it come through for you.

Well thats the thing where most of us differ to you pete when you say ''hope it comes through for you" most supporters hope it comes through for US as we support the team as a whole, and Tim is a part of OUR team. It is fine I believe to have opinions about players form and to analysis them but when you get personal and call players lemons it lacks a bit of class. If Tim does'nt have the smarts to fix his problems from last year he is going to be found out very quickly and wont be playing nrl, so why bag a kid in the off season? You seem to think Tim and Feliti lack the toughness to make it in the nrl, but it does'nt take a lot of courage to bag players when their training for a new season. I am going to judge the boys in april 07 not december 06.

parra pete

Referee
You worry about how you see players....I'll worry about how I see them. Just because I don't agree with your assessment of him does not MEAN I am bagging him. More like I'm bagging you......:lol:

Don't take it so personal. No one is wrong when it comes to an opinion....

parra pete

Referee
Lemon...:lol: The point I was trying to make is that it is not really mouth watering ..Try whistling while watching someone chew on a lemon..(I was gonna say suck on a lemon)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
parra pete said:
Pete while we are talking about some of your more controversial opinions, have you reconsidered yours in relation to Eric Grothe Junior? Early in the season you were saying he was a liability for his lack of speed in turning and chasing; you also said he shouldn't be in first grade.

Not many tries in 2006 for the big fella. Think he conceded more than he scored actually. I like the bloke as a player though. But IF THEY AREN'T PERFORMING let them play second grade...It'll shapen them up. It's harder to get out of the side than it is to get into it.
New broom Hagan won't tolerate crap efforts...

Funny NSW selectors didn't see that, thats why they selected him and proved a masterstroke:?

Pitty you didn't apply that theory to John Morris, Ben Smith and most of the forwards for the majority of the year, only Tim Smith.

parra pete

Referee
As the Beatles sang 'Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah'...
Here comes the tag team...am I really the only bloke who thinks he (Tim Smith) is not an NRL first grader. I don't believe that.....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
They also sang that once you entered this thread distracting from the topic at hand, yet again. They also sang Let it be, but i'm more a fan of Lennons solo career and dreams, Ming games, Jealous guy are more appropriate songs inlight of this topic.

I think just like starting over would be a song suitable to Tim next year.

I pitty the poor kids who had potential that you rejected. I can see now why you respected Brian Smith so much. One bad game and there off to another club to play rep football. Pete show some faith in our development of players.

So easy to be a critic, hell i'm the biggest. And yes i like tag team, espically on Monica Sweet Heart or Sylvia the saint.

And yes, your view reflects the vast minority, Just like David Koresh followers, and young males who view Richard Simmons as a sex goddess, aswell as individuals who use unorthodox measures to view there temperature, like a themomoter up the arse.

Pete i'll bet my remaining testicle, and the last remaining of my crack hairs that you never rated Tim Smith since his inclusion into first grade. Whilst you might disagree with my comment i believe i'm right because no one forms an opinion like yours over an inury hit year like Tims fuelled by anti social behaviour, aswell as a terrible year on whole by our club.

And i also do believe that your opinion of Tim Smith became apparent very early on in the year on this forum, after maybe round 5 or 6?. So you judged a guy on 6 or so games compared to a whole 2005 season where he was judged Rookie of the year by persons with alot more credibility then you or me.

Pete, whilst everyone was applauding Tim... talking about his efforts in 2005, you were at the back of the pub mumbling to yourself saying "Tim is sh*t, he cant run the ball" and passing your opinions onto the pissed religious and political intellectuals next to you.

And yes i'm right, don't deny it.

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
You worry about how you see players....I'll worry about how I see them. Just because I don't agree with your assessment of him does not MEAN I am bagging him :roll:! More like I'm bagging you......:lol:

Don't take it so personal. No one is wrong when it comes to an opinion....

parra pete

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
They also sang that once you entered this thread distracting from the topic at hand, yet again. They also sang Let it be, but i'm more a fan of Lennons solo career and dreams, Ming games, Jealous guy are more appropriate songs inlight of this topic.

I think just like starting over would be a song suitable to Tim next year.

I pitty the poor kids who had potential that you rejected. I can see now why you respected Brian Smith so much. One bad game and there off to another club to play rep football. Pete show some faith in our development of players.

So easy to be a critic, hell i'm the biggest. And yes i like tag team, espically on Monica Sweet Heart or Sylvia the saint.

And yes, your view reflects the vast minority, Just like David Koresh followers, and young males who view Richard Simmons as a sex goddess, aswell as individuals who use unorthodox measures to view there temperature, like a themomoter up the arse.

Pete i'll bet my remaining testicle, and the last remaining of my crack hairs that you never rated Tim Smith since his inclusion into first grade. Whilst you might disagree with my comment i believe i'm right because no one forms an opinion like yours over an inury hit year like Tims fuelled by anti social behaviour, aswell as a terrible year on whole by our club.

And i also do believe that your opinion of Tim Smith became apparent very early on in the year on this forum, after maybe round 5 or 6?. So you judged a guy on 6 or so games compared to a whole 2005 season where he was judged Rookie of the year by persons with alot more credibility then you or me.

Pete, whilst everyone was applauding Tim... talking about his efforts in 2005, you were at the back of the pub mumbling to yourself saying "Tim is sh*t, he cant run the ball" and passing your opinions onto the pissed religious and political intellectuals next to you.

And yes i'm right, don't deny it.

Being an agnostic, I don't travel in religious circles..Mix with a few political animals though...People who don't follow the Eels, though, agree with my assessment that Tim Smith is not as good as people on this forum believe he is.
Just go through the 2006 season records of EVERY PLAYER in the NRL. I think it was published in the RLW or Big League wrap up at the end of the season. Compare Tim Smith statistics with other players...Find someone worse..let me know who it is..because I couldn't find one.....

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
Being an agnostic, I don't travel in religious circles..Mix with a few political animals though...People who don't follow the Eels, though, agree with my assessment that Tim Smith is not as good as people on this forum believe he is.
Just go through the 2006 season records of EVERY PLAYER in the NRL. I think it was published in the RLW or Big League wrap up at the end of the season. Compare Tim Smith statistics with other players...Find someone worse..let me know who it is..because I couldn't find one.....

The statistics in 05 said Tim was the best half in the comp (has another half in their debut year led their team to a minor prem)? In 06 they said he was crap. All it means is 07 is a defining year for young Tim. The good thing is Tim will get great support I believe from Hagan and Finch. Finch knows how hard it is to run a team on your own and the pressure that comes with being a young player with big things expected of them, and Hagan knows what teams will be doing to put Tim off his game and how the best half in the game has delt with this. You rate joel lewis so highly pete but if he can't stamp himself on a game in a stronger way than in the prem gf, I think he has a long way to go, hell Marcus Peranara had a bigger input in the end result. At the end of 07 I think Tim might of had a much better year than Lewis or Cooper Cronk, just a hunch.

parra pete

Referee
Hope so...I thought Josh Lewis was outstanding in a losing team in the pl grand final..He almost got them over the line.
He is a great talent..by my estimation.
But lets just wait and see how 2007 pans out,
All this discussion is good for the forum. It keeps your passion flowing. Don't despair..keep your strong views don't let me put you off.
If i need convincing, I will do it to myself.

cardinal

Juniors
eelavation said:
to be fair on Pete, he's always maintained that he would love to be proven wrong, I also believe that he's a much better player than what he showed last year, i mean lets face it he wouldn't be using many of his news paper clippings about himself on a current CV ;-) but Pete does need to understand that there were other factors that came to play which no doubtedly hampered his progression, either self inflicted or badluck.

I don't see his opinion on the playing being as disrespectful as I've seen other posters opinions on players in the last day or 2.

Also, regarding his opinion on Feleti...I definitely desagree with his assesment of him, but the intriguing factor there is the we both haven't been proven wrong as yet.

If you think Feliti is tough enough and skillfull enough to make it in the nrl than just say it eela we don't have to be diplomatic here. Of course it is petes right to express his opinion, just as it is ours to disagree with him.

parra pete

Referee
I surely will...Be the first to hop on the bandwagon and say "I was just having youse on..He's a bewdy all right...Me, I'm just a know all who knows nothing"...:lol: Be passionate, maintain the rage. keeping supporting the kid....its good for the soul (whatever that is).
The Eels desperately need a half back to lead them to the promised land. You think Tim Smith is Moses..I don't.
As a matter of fact I could be Moses. cos "everytime I open me mouth, the bull rushes" Be happy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Josh Lewis is a talented kid, no doubt about that. He almost got Newtown home in the decider. I'll agree with that.

However, Feleti Mateo did get us home in the decider. That's the difference between the two.

parra pete

Referee
Good on Feliti. Josh Lewis has 'superstar' written all over him. He is an established first grader (and I don't understand how he qualified for PL last year).
Feliti has had one run in NRL..I was there the night he played at Olympic Park...there is a huuuuuuge difference in standard between NRL and PL. I'll reserve my opinion on him...But I hope he does prove to be a quality player for the Club.
BTW, I am not bagging players for the sake of it. It is just how I see them without wearing rose coloured glasses. It is no good thinking one thing and saying the other, just because it is the popular thing to do.
The only person you are having on if you do that is yourself.....

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
Good on Feliti. Josh Lewis has 'superstar' written all over him. He is an established first grader (and I don't understand how he qualified for PL last year).
Feliti has had one run in NRL..I was there the night he played at Olympic Park...there is a huuuuuuge difference in standard between NRL and PL. I'll reserve my opinion on him...But I hope he does prove to be a quality player for the Club.
BTW, I am not bagging players for the sake of it. It is just how I see them without wearing rose coloured glasses. It is no good thinking one thing and saying the other, just because it is the popular thing to do.
The only person you are having on if you do that is yourself.....

Keep it up pete I would be quite bored if I did'nt have you to disagree with, hope we can agree on your opinion of Michael Lett, he sounds a prospect.

Latest posts