What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotty - i'm pleased

roopy

Referee
I thought we were handing Scotty the poison chalise to play him against a team that was always going to flog us and behind a pack who are already on holidays in Fiji in their heads - but he is my MOTM, despite having his usual less than fully committed effort in defence.

Jono078

Referee
From what I saw in 25 mins..

His kicks found the open, hard thing to do against the Manly backline.
Defence looked woeful.
Some nice passes that Carmont eventually ruined.

Definitely worth signing him though, still cant beleive we havnt?

keeney

First Grade
His defence was attrocious. But yes, he contributed nicely to a fairly sh*t performance.

roopy

Referee
Dutchy said:
Havent seen Luke Walsh play as good as that kid tonight in first grade yet.
Over the last few weeks i've been thinking Walshy hasn't got any zip in him - and now we hear his ankle is playing up still.
In the lower grades he was always a chance to zip away for a 40 metre try, but he hasn't even looked like it in firstgrade.
To sum up - i think he has been playing injured and we haven't seen his A game by a long shot.
Having said that - Scotty is better - always has been.

Dutchy

Immortal
Watching from the game, he always seemed dangerous whenever he got involved, had me worried in the early stages before our 3 try blitz.

Anyway..Hope he stays a Knight...Good Luck to the kid..bright future ahead of him.

roopy

Referee
Dutchy said:
Watching from the game, he always seemed dangerous whenever he got involved, had me worried in the early stages before our 3 try blitz.

Anyway..Hope he stays a Knight...Good Luck to the kid..bright future ahead of him.
not wanting to give too much away to an opposition fan - but he has been tackle shy since he did his shoulder twice in 2004 - and he is still a very, very ordinary defender - Jason Taylor like.

Dutchy

Immortal
Did he play club footy in Newcastle?

I dont remember him from the junior days...

roopy

Referee
I thought we were going to see a disaster when Scotty's first tackle in firstgrade was on Watmough and he got slammed onto his arse without even slowing the guy down - but he did get better - and he wasn't the only guy Watmough did that to.

roopy

Referee
Dutchy said:
Did he play club footy in Newcastle?

I dont remember him from the junior days...
He has an SG Ball title and a grandfinal appearence in Flegg if you check his cv.

Dutchy

Immortal
I mean in the Newcastle Rugby League.

Like, Walsh, Mullen and Inglis all played in the same Wests Newcastle team back in 15 and 16s I think....Who did SD play 4?

roopy

Referee
Dutchy said:
I mean in the Newcastle Rugby League.

Like, Walsh, Mullen and Inglis all played in the same Wests Newcastle team back in 15 and 16s I think....Who did SD play 4?
Taree kid - but i think he was a Rosella for a year or two - he is a year older than Mullen and Walsh.
Scotty was awesome in SG Ball in 2003 - easily our best - and i can remember being amazed when the starting halves in Ball in 2004 were kids named Walsh and Mullen with Scotty on the bench - but he got plenty of game time in both half and 5/8 - especially when Mullen skipped flegg to go straight to firstgrade.

Dutchy

Immortal
Ok yea, so he would of been playing SG when I was played for Souths. I remember playing against Mullo, Walshy and Inglis..damn they were hard to contain.

macavity

Referee
went to school in Port Macquarie and played most of his footy there.

hope he re-signs. with an off season in the gym (and doing nothing but tackling practice) he could really offer something.

freeridermx

Juniors
yeah was from taree early on but moved to port macquarie where he played for the sharks moved down to the knights at about 16 cant remember was playing in the halves for our arrive alive team when he was in either year 9 or 10 . was a stand out then too . was always a class above. looked the goods last night, defence was sh*t but so was the whole team and for him to stand out for a team totally out played shows what he can do .

roopy

Referee
The thing that must be asked - is it possible for a halfback with a fat arse to succeed in RL?

keeney

First Grade
I'm not suer I rated his performance better than akk iof Walsh's, I thought Walsh's first couple were better. But impressive regardless.

On a side note am I right in assuming we're performing worse this year than we did in 05? We finished with 20 points that year didn't we?

Frederick

Staff member
keeney said:
On a side note am I right in assuming we're performing worse this year than we did in 05? We finished with 20 points that year didn't we?
2 byes that year, so technically we're on par ;-)

antonius

Coach
Great kicking game, a matter of inches and he would've put Vuna away for a couple of trys, always found open space, has a good banana kick, and a deceptive passing game. Has a turn of speed to. Yes defense was ordinary.