What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screenshots

Mario

Juniors
TinghaExpress said:
Vodka can u show me a screenie of the bears jersey and maybe a St.George screenie thanx

Its worth noting that Vodka created the Bears jersey himself - it doesn't come standard with the game.

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
No screenies tonight as Im working late but some more tomorrow.

If you go to Gols site, I think he has a copy of the Bears jersey I made...er edited :)

Forum Idiot

Bench
theVodkaCircle said:
No screenies tonight as Im working late but some more tomorrow.

If you go to Gols site, I think he has a copy of the Bears jersey I made...er edited :)
pleease vodka can we have a close up of nathan hindmarsh? or one of the top 5 players in the game

Forum Idiot

Bench
parraconvert.JPG

i reckon that is one of the best looking video crowds ive ever seen. it is the prefect mix of blue and yellow. it looks very realistic. sometimes in sports games the makers get real lazy or something and just give all the crowd the teams primary colour so its one big giant crowd of just one colour (nfl 2k3 and others).
but this crowd is great. i love it.

Mario said:
If you have a video card with pixel shader support, then the crowd in those shots will be blurred to simulate depth of field.

But the xbox version will support that effect too won't it, I thik I remember u saying that???

Mario

Juniors
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
Mario said:
If you have a video card with pixel shader support, then the crowd in those shots will be blurred to simulate depth of field.

But the xbox version will support that effect too won't it, I thik I remember u saying that???

Yes, it will.

Mario

Juniors
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
Mario said:

Yes, it will.

CliffyGC

Juniors
Mario said:
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
Mario said:

Yes, it will.
mario

Mate you deserve a wrap not for what the game looks like but for your constant interaction with us fans during the whole production of the game.
Correct me if im wrong but its 10pm in NZ and you are on here answering questions etc. To me thats pretty speical.

I hope the game is a success and will personally castrate anyone i find prirating the game.

GO MARIO GO SIDHE

Forum Idiot

Bench
holy jesus! the game has come so far since that demo. great work by the way , matta :oops: :lol:

with the corwd blur to add depth of field - at rlgame.com in the miscellaneous section the corwd is blurred in the background and i reckon it just looks weird. i like the non blur version! thank god the ps2 doesnt support it.

Forum Idiot said:
holy jesus! the game has come so far since that demo. great work by the way , matta :oops: :lol:

with the corwd blur to add depth of field - at rlgame.com in the miscellaneous section the corwd is blurred in the background and i reckon it just looks weird. i like the non blur version! thank god the ps2 doesnt support it.

LOL it looks better thats why they implemented it on the platforms that could handle it :lol:
If u watch a real NRL game the crowd is very really in focus so the xbox and PC versions will look just that little bit more realistic

I did find one aspect of the game that actually does seem to of gone downhill in the time between the demo and the final product and that it the players faces...I will be buggerd if I could tell u who the dudes are in the new screeni's they all look the same.... on the demo the faces looked great!!!!

PS this is just a little observation not a complaint I had to really nit pick to find any faults with this gem!! :)

Forum Idiot

Bench
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
Forum Idiot said:

LOL it looks better thats why they implemented it on the platforms that could handle it :lol:
If u watch a real NRL game the crowd is very really in focus so the xbox and PC versions will look just that little bit more realistic
i think you were meant to say "very rarely". yeah tv crowds arent in focus.
celebrate.jpg

homekit.jpg

this is the crowd blur thing on xbox and pc. i dont like it. not only is the crowd blurred but so is the player. it reminds me of watching a day time soap where they blur the lense abit to add that romantic/dramatic feel.
i say again - THANK GOD THE PS2 DOESNT SUPPORT IT.

Fair enough to each his own but sidhe would not have inplemented it on the xbox and PC unless it was unanomous that it improved the look of the game..as long as everybody is happy :)

PS yeah I am a shit speller :)

Erhan

Juniors
I think in the demo they basically stuck a real picture on the players heads hence why it look more real, while in the new screenies, they have cartoonised the players faces. I actually prefer the latter as you want that cartoonness in a vid. game