What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

The Rosco

Bench
Now, where would be the best place to post something about Parra, and be sure to hit the mark ?
. . . Shame on the Parramatta football club. SHAME !!!
They have decided to throw away the tradition of cheerleaders.
SHAME.
Just to achieve some boardroom KPI, they have discarded the dreams and aspirations of a generation of young girls. And being Parramatta, probably some young boys as well.
How typical of this heartless, soul-less charade of a football club to do something like this.
"Wah wah wah, we haven't won a comp in 40 odd years". Whine whine.
I know, let's sack the cheerleaders. That should fix it.
Rhyno, you should be ashamed of that disgusting organisation that you call your team.
Terminating the poor cheerleaders isn't going to stop the choke.
40 years of pain won't go away just because you ban the pom poms.
DON'T BLAME THE POOR CHEERLEADERS. AT LEAST THEY ARE HAVING A GO.
Well, they were up until now.
I hope you are happy rhyno.

Tigerm

First Grade
I notice that Corey Thompson is playing for the indigenous side in the all star game?

I must admit, I never realised he was part of the brotherhood?

I always liked his game, hope he goes well.

Tigerm

First Grade
WT’s trial games:

20/2 - opposed trial (what ever that is) against Roosters at Kirkham Oval, Elderslie

27/2 - full trial against Manly, I believe at Leichhardt Oval (unless they change it)

14/3 - R1 against Raiders at Canberra

The Rosco

Bench
WT’s trial games:

20/2 - opposed trial (what ever that is) against Roosters at Kirkham Oval, Elderslie

27/2 - full trial against Manly, I believe at Leichhardt Oval (unless they change it)

14/3 - R1 against Raiders at Canberra
. . . Not long to go, is it ?
I might go along and find out what an opposed trial really is.
The other day I read a newspaper article that praised WT recruitment. I nearly spat out my macchiato in amazement !

simmo05

Bench
How does the ticketing for games work now? Havnt been to a Sydney game for 20 years, so how do I secure tickets for Easter monday?
Comrade dan f**ked me all last year, I'm gagging to get up for a few games before he f**ks me again!!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Take from this what you want but I just got told by a mate of mine who does know one of our players that the playing group has a few fractures in it. It isn’t really one group, more like 3 or 4 clusters and they don’t really interact and in some cases get along with each other.

The Liddle/Luc incident wasn’t just a heat of the moment thing and actually happened twice in the session.

It was like this last year in smaller instances however guys like Benji, Reynolds and Aloiai were the main ones who would bring them together, yet all 3 have moved on.

I realize they don’t have to be best mates but from what he said it’s not exactly a team environment there atm

Take from this what you want but I just got told by a mate of mine who does know one of our players that the playing group has a few fractures in it. It isn’t really one group, more like 3 or 4 clusters and they don’t really interact and in some cases get along with each other.

The Liddle/Luc incident wasn’t just a heat of the moment thing and actually happened twice in the session.

It was like this last year in smaller instances however guys like Benji, Reynolds and Aloiai were the main ones who would bring them together, yet all 3 have moved on.

I realize they don’t have to be best mates but from what he said it’s not exactly a team environment there atm

Great post!

Probably a bit like the school sides. People you get on with and people you don’t. A lot of fresh guys and the ego thing.

Probably the intensity and stress of a hard pre-season, like pilots with no aircraft. They’d all be pretty anxious and it’s too easy to turn on your own without the enemy in sight. We’ve said it before here that the boys need to channel their energies, especially as the strength and power is flooding into them. You can see it in the pr photos.

I can’t remember a lads team side I was in without its troubles or differences.

But If it plays out in a game, yeah, I’d be very concerned.

I hope the coaching staff are across it and Hoops is taking a night off the forum!

Thanks.

Last edited:

Blackwhitegold

Juniors

I think that’s a positive, there ready to rip heads off. This west tigers team is one of the scariest team to play against in my a pinion. As time goes on and there winning games with little errors and high standards, they will all get a long. The pressure to put in and not piss off the bloke next to you by letting him down is a good thing. With attitude the boys can make the 8 and than run riot instead of being little shy scared boys. Let’s go.

opposed trial (what ever that is)
Tigerm, from what I have read, it's not the 1st grade team as such, that is the Manly game.

The opposed trial is players with 12 games from 2020 or less, so if and when the WT name their squad for this weekend, I do not think that much could be read into it. I guess it is also why it's free entry.

Take from this what you want
well Vic, I guess this is where the football coaching staff steps in as well as new leadership team steps in before the season start. Marshall & Reynolds I can understand (Aloiai surprised me) from last year, I think Tamou & Nofoaluma to me are the 2 that I could see bring them together. Someone has to.

WA Tiger

Bench

I wonder if that’s what’s affected Brookes confidence..if so his probs aren’t going away soon...Hastings on the other hand?

I can’t see Madge intervening. After all they aren’t kids.
Aloiai defended that tv sports host Erin Molan when she mispronounced the samoan names so I can see him and Benji and Reynolds in the calming role...Theres always a place for experience/maturity isn’t there...Geez that tosses up more risks to our ladder position..
Hopefully we start winning and that fixes it..

Perth Tiger

Bench

I wonder if that is really any different from other teams though. After all it is their workplace and most people don't get on with everyone in their workplace.

That together with people in different stages of life, older guys with young families probably have less in common with the younger guys looking to get on the piss and get laid every chance they get and it is probably natural that different cultural groups tend to stick together.

The difference between successful teams though is, as you identify, that they have leaders that can draw the separate factions together when they need to. It is yet to be determined as to whether we have anyone that can and if those three were the ones responsible in the past then you could argue they failed at it given our results.

Tigerm

First Grade

Who knows?

It reminds me of a saying my sons senior coach used to say: “there are only ever 17 players that like you each week”?

Hopefully there are enough older heads to keep everyone to stay focused on the prize.

super_coach

First Grade
Interesting Vic’s post on splits in the ranks. Certainly would not surprise and I think for our mob to be top 8 they need to be one big tight unit. I would have thought with so many new faces there would not be any splits.
Let’s hope after 5 days together in Tamworth they are a bit tighter

WA Tiger

Bench
if those three were the ones responsible in the past then you could argue they failed at it given our results.

Gee that’s kind of reaching mate

So if those 3 had of been successful at bringing the feuding players together ..(despite Vics mate stating that they were the only ones that did) then we would have won more games or even got into the 8?

The rest of your post was good tho.

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Gee that’s a big call call mate

So if those 3 had of been successful at bringing them together ..(despite Vics mate stating that they were the only ones that did) then we would have won more games or even got into the 8?

The rest of your post was good tho.

I clearly said it could be argued. I'm not around them so I don't know if that was the case, maybe others should of picked up the slack, maybe those three took it upon themselves and prevented others from trying or any other number of factors.

But essentially it comes to a lack of leadership among the playing group and that has been a problem for a very long time. The fact that the last 2 captains have been appointment from outside recruits indicates that.

WA Tiger

Bench
I clearly said it could be argued. I'm not around them so I don't know if that was the case, maybe others should of picked up the slack, maybe those three took it upon themselves and prevented others from trying or any other number of factors.

But essentially it comes to a lack of leadership among the playing group and that has been a problem for a very long time. The fact that the last 2 captains have been appointment from outside recruits indicates that.
You can imagine Mbye sitting there amongst it all with nothing to say and that silly smile

stryker

First Grade
I suspected this type of thing could happen with so many abrasive personalities and new faces.
This team could galvanise through going to war each week with the opposition, having each other’s backs and not backing down from shit.
This team also has it in them to implode savagely through in fighting and earn the club its very much deserved first wooden spoon.

I can’t wait to see which road they take....

Last edited:

Latest posts