What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

A disappointing season for sure, the winnable games that we lost are really hard to take.

But we don’t follow this club because they are successful, I believe it will change sooner rather later, like all of you, I’ll be back next year, hoping.
We’ve all committed serious crimes in previous lives and been re-incarnated into this hell that is the wt.

There’s no escaping it I’m afraid.

Fear as much as hope for next year -But something has to snap, surely this nightmare can’t go on forever!

If Madge is still around, I think he’s got to pretty much bin everything he knows about coaching and start again. It will be hard, he’ll have to work a lot harder, but here we are.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Close to the most disappointing season we’ve had. 2012 and 2017 are up there, at least in 2017 I was excited for the following year, 2022 holds very little hope for me at this stage.
Expecting us to be hot favourites for the spoon in ‘22.The other teams at bottom of table have something to look forward to in ‘22.Conversely we don’t !

Das Hassler

Bench
Expecting us to be hot favourites for the spoon in ‘22.The other teams at bottom of table have something to look forward to in ‘22.Conversely we don’t !

I can't imagine what the dragons or Nth Qld have to look forward to that'll propell them forward from this year....i sure won't be puting any money on us making the 8 but i would against us picking up the spoon. ..it won't happen..we're far from the only so called basket case in this comp.

Tiger05

First Grade
we're far from the only so called basket case in this comp.

We are crap but I think we are in a better position than a lot of clubs mainly because our cap isn't screwed. The problem is there isn't enough talent in the comp and there is another team entering the comp soon.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can't imagine what the dragons or Nth Qld have to look forward to that'll propell them forward from this year....i sure won't be puting any money on us making the 8 but i would against us picking up the spoon. ..it won't happen..we're far from the only so called basket case in this comp.

Dragons have some good young players coming through. Sloan, Amone, Sullivan etc. bit light in the forwards but those 3 look the goods. Not sure if Hook is the one to take them forward.

Cows opposite in that they have some good forwards. Luki, Neame, Nanai. The spine is a mess though.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Dragons do have a bunch of very talented kids who play in a no. of positions in the spine although I’m very thankful they signed mr inertia Mbye.

There is still much to b concerned about with our backline.We lack pace & our outside backs remain timid & illiterate re defence.From what I’ve seen Gildart is also a pissweak defender.We will b missing our best back for half a season although Hastings will hopefully fill the void.I’m also not completely sold on DL at fullback.Yes he can attack but his defense is woeful & he has been found wanting re his positional play at fullback.Anyway I’m so glad our abysmal season ends tomorrow afternoon.

Tigerm

First Grade
We finished with a few players out?

INJURY UPDATE​

Thomas Mikaele (tooth) — Pre-season

Daine Laurie (ankle) — Pre-season

Luke Garner (ankle) — Pre-season

Alex Seyfarth (knee) — Pre-season

James Tamou (foot) — Pre-season

Zane Musgrove (ankle) — Pre-season

Jake Simpkin (shoulder) — Indefinite

Adam Doueihi (ACL) — Early rounds of 2022

Tommy Talau (ACL) — Indefinite

stryker

First Grade
We finished with a few players out?

INJURY UPDATE​

Thomas Mikaele (tooth) — Pre-season

Daine Laurie (ankle) — Pre-season

Luke Garner (ankle) — Pre-season

Alex Seyfarth (knee) — Pre-season

James Tamou (foot) — Pre-season

Zane Musgrove (ankle) — Pre-season

Jake Simpkin (shoulder) — Indefinite

Adam Doueihi (ACL) — Early rounds of 2022

Tommy Talau (ACL) — Indefinite
Half of those should have had Heart Muscle next to them

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I reckon we should really be putting the thought into Tamou to either retire or have a go in ESL for his remaining time in professional football. The NRL is too fast for him now and the 20 to 30 minutes he averages in a game is not up to standard that WT require especially for a captain. They need to be atleast 60 minutes.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I reckon we should really be putting the thought into Tamou to either retire or have a go in ESL for his remaining time in professional football. The NRL is too fast for him now and the 20 to 30 minutes he averages in a game is not up to standard that WT require especially for a captain. They need to be atleast 60 minutes.
He's not on big coin, I reckon just have him share captaincy and keep him on for his final year. We really don't need any more dramas with player movements.

WA Tiger

Bench
I don’t think another coach could get a magnificent result over 12 months re the ladder etc with the current players but the players arnt as bad as as the current results would suggest… under Madge.

They are playing bad but in terms of skills etc they arnt as bad as what we are seeing ..No group of NRL players could be that bad

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
How much would you bet on that… a lot? a little? It all!? You may not need to find out if Madge is punted....one more year with Madge for me it’s “a little”.

Hmm....not a lot...my great grandfather took 10:1 that a really big iceberg would never come that far south and grandad went with.. " he's got a funny moustache and a big mouth but otherwise harmless"

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Hmm....not a lot...my great grandfather took 10:1 that a really big iceberg would never come that far south and grandad " he's got a funny moustache and a big mouth but otherwise harmless"
Nothing wrong with staying positive…we are experts at it now with all the practice

Das Hassler

Bench
I never thought anything could ever make me nauseous enough to be wishing for a parra win against anyone but Ivan's band of blaring neurotics over there are just a bit too much to stomach for another week..."Go ...cant even say it....the other mob"

Tigerm

First Grade
Wests Tigers duo Rua Ngatikaura and Liam Scolari have both picked up Jersey Flegg awards after impressing throughout 2021.

Talented halfback Jock Madden has been named as the 2021 Player of the Year for the Western Suburbs Magpies in the Knock-On Effect NSW Cup.

Wests Tigers prop Stefano Utoikamanu has capped off a superb rookie season by taking out the club’s 2021 Rookie of the Year Award.

Wests Tigers playmaker Adam Doueihi has been voted by his teammates as the club’s Players’ Player of the Year for the 2021 NRL season.

So who is player of the year?
Wests Tigers fullback Daine Laurie and halfback Luke Brooks have both claimed the club’s Kelly-Barnes Medal for the 2021 NRL Player of the Year Award.

Last edited: