What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023

BrotherJim05

Bench
Provided everyone is fit, this is what I'd be rolling out Round 1:
  1. Laurie
  2. Nofoluma
  3. To'a
  4. Naden
  5. Staines
  6. Doeuihi
  7. Brooks
  8. Klemmer
  9. Koroisau
  10. Twal
  11. Bateman
  12. Papali'i
  13. Ofahengaue
  14. Utoikamanu
  15. Pole
  16. Blore
  17. Simpkins

Pezz70

Juniors
  1. Laurie
  2. Nofoluma
  3. To'a
  4. Naden
  5. Staines
  6. Doeuihi
  7. Brooks
  8. Klemmer
  9. Koroisau
  10. Twal
  11. Bateman
  12. Papali'i
  13. Ofahengaue
  14. Utoikamanu
  15. Pole
  16. Blore
  17. Simpkins
I reckon Tom Talau, if fit must be in the centres. Leaps and bounds ahead of Toa. He is only 22 and injury free he has some upside

Tigerm

First Grade
I reckon Tom Talau, if fit must be in the centres. Leaps and bounds ahead of Toa. He is only 22 and injury free he has some upside
But so will To’a, won’t he?

I read somewhere (maybe here), that Talau is destined for the forwards?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Talau has to start in reserve grade. Too much time out of the game and hasn't really showed he is first grade quality yet. Not sure what his position is though. Does anyone know what he played coming through the ranks?

BrotherJim05

Bench
No Ken? IMO, when he is fit, he is up there as one of our best?
Coming back from injury he might struggle a bit. Fully fit and firing though yeah maybe we reshuffle the backline:

1. Staines
2. Nofa
3. Doeuihi
4. Naden
5. Malo
6. Laurie

It really all depends on where Doeuihi plays. He is are only kicker next year so we should keep him happy

Vic Mackey

Referee
  1. Laurie
  2. Nofoluma
  3. To'a
  4. Naden
  5. Staines
  6. Doeuihi
  7. Brooks
  8. Klemmer
  9. Koroisau
  10. Twal
  11. Bateman
  12. Papali'i
  13. Ofahengaue
  14. Utoikamanu
  15. Pole
  16. Blore
  17. Simpkins
Based off Sheens recent comments I have a feeling we’ll see the following:

* Staines at 1, Laurie on the bench
* Talau at right centre, seen 2 interviews recently where sheens has said what a fan of Tommy’s he is and that he’s a centre
* Just a feeling, but don’t be surprised if Blore starts and Bateman plays 13

Tigerm

First Grade
Based off Sheens recent comments I have a feeling we’ll see the following:

* Staines at 1, Laurie on the bench
* Talau at right centre, seen 2 interviews recently where sheens has said what a fan of Tommy’s he is and that he’s a centre
* Just a feeling, but don’t be surprised if Blore starts and Bateman plays 13
Yep, give him a game before he gets a season ending injury🥺
I shouldn’t say this, I’ve always had high hopes for Blore, so I will punish myself with thinking how I will spend my top 8 winnings, knowing I will be let down on the last game and we come in 9th😅😂🤣

Tigerm

First Grade
Happy new year, all fans of the faith.
I've just seen a snail going past me, I think that was a sign for us, that means:
"we will be going slowly towards our goal🫣 but we will get there eventually, unless something wacks us“😅

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Happy new year, all fans of the faith.
I've just seen a snail going past me, I think that was a sign for us, that means:
"we will be going slowly towards our goal🫣 but we will get there eventually, unless something wacks us“😅
I believe, I BELIEVE !!!

Das Hassler

Bench
Something I hope to see in '23 is maximum effort put into developing Rua N as Api's understudy....the guy should be at Api and Farah's elbow every spare minute he has....we need a seamless as possible fill in for Api as a priority...certainly by SOO as those 3 games will probably be what has us in or out of the 8 for this year

To add...I don't know much more about him beyond that he looked real good when he had his shot.....very composed and confident to back himself

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

TIGERS

2023 squad
: Adam Doueihi (2023), Alex Twal (2024), Alex Seyfarth (2023), Apisai Koroisau (2024, MO 2025), Apisalome Saukuru (2023), Asu Kepaoa (2024), Brandon Tumeth (2024, PO 2025), Brent Naden (2025), Charlie Staines (2023), Daine Laurie (2023), David Klemmer (2025, MO 2026), David Nofoaluma (2025), Fonua Pole (2025), Isaiah Papali’i (2025), Jake Simpkin (2024), Joe Ofahengaue (2025), John Bateman (2026), Junior Tupou (2024), Justin Matamua (2024, CO 2025), Ken Maumalo (2023, MO 2024), Luke Brooks (2023), Rua Ngatikaura (2024), Shawn Blore (2024), Sione Fainu (2024), Starford To’a (2024), Stefano Utoikamanu (2024, MO 2025), Tommy Talau (2023), Triston Reilly (2024), Tukimihia Simpkins (2023)

Development players: Christian Ma’anaima (2023), Josh Feledy (2023), Kitione Kautoga (2023)

2023 gains: Apisai Koroisau (Panthers), Isaiah Papali’i (Eels), Triston Reilly (rugby union, Waratahs), David Nofoaluma (return from loan), Charlie Staines (Panthers), David Klemmer (Knights), John Bateman (Wigan)

2023 losses: Luke Garner (Panthers), Kelma Tuilagi (Sea Eagles), Zane Musgrove (Dragons), Jock Madden (Broncos), James Tamou (Cowboys), Oliver Gildart (Dolphins), Jacob Liddle (Dragons), Tyrone Peachey (Panthers), Jackson Hastings (Knights)

Coach: Tim Sheens (2024)

29 players.

macnaz

Staff member
Something I hope to see in '23 is maximum effort put into developing Rua N as Api's understudy....the guy should be at Api and Farah's elbow every spare minute he has....we need a seamless as possible fill in for Api as a priority...certainly by SOO as those 3 games will probably be what has us in or out of the 8 for this year

To add...I don't know much more about him beyond that he looked real good when he had his shot.....very composed and confident to back himself
Yep.. He certainly looks like he has an X factor that we could definitely use.👍🏻

Das Hassler

Bench
Yep.. He certainly looks like he has an X factor that we could definitely use.👍🏻

I can see a Cam Smith > Grant / B Smith scenario eventuating if Rua develops quickly...no crystal ball but I'd hope that we can hold onto him for maybe 2 seasons as an understudy ...sign him to a good (for Rua) contract then maybe loan him out for a season of first grade experience as Melbourne did with Grant

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
I think the biggest key to a successful year is Adam Doueihi.
Regardless of returning from injury last year he was very average , particularly playing in the halves . His defence was appalling and so was his attitude when he was called out for it. We all know Brooks isn't always going to ice those moments but Until Adam can stand up and prove he can do better we will just have 2 halves incapable of taking us closer to finals and premiership contention . They showed faith in him over Hastings ,, time to repay the faith 2023 Doueihi

Tigerm

First Grade
I think the biggest key to a successful year is Adam Doueihi.
Regardless of returning from injury last year he was very average , particularly playing in the halves . His defence was appalling and so was his attitude when he was called out for it. We all know Brooks isn't always going to ice those moments but Until Adam can stand up and prove he can do better we will just have 2 halves incapable of taking us closer to finals and premiership contention . They showed faith in him over Hastings ,, time to repay the faith 2023 Doueihi
Do you think our No 30 spot will be another half?
We are very light in this area, aren't we?
Both Doueihi and Brooks went down last season, it will be disastrous if one of them gets hurt?
Is Will Smith a half, he is on a Train & Trial contract, can he be upgraded whenever?

Latest posts