What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024 in Review

Big Marn

Bench
Wasnt Nigel Vagana involved in some sort of player welfare scheme for awhile? Used to go club to club helping out new players. Not sure what sort of help he provided though.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
WTF Stacey...

That's pretty hard to take as a fan.

Don't know if Webster will love Stacey saying that, nor saying that chopping and changing pretty well f**ked our season

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
What don’t you like about it?
The part about players having problems away from the field and not being in the right head space.

I don't mind the game plan being off, Webster getting caught short as a new coach, injuries, all that stuff.

But it's f**king hard to take if Stacey blurts something like that (without any depth) and we are to believe that these guys were unprofessional this year. If it was AFB, he should've been moved on. If it wasn't, who was it? Are these people still at the club? Why did this happen? One good year, and things go tits up?

The part about players having problems away from the field and not being in the right head space.

I don't mind the game plan being off, Webster getting caught short as a new coach, injuries, all that stuff.

But it's f**king hard to take if Stacey blurts something like that (without any depth) and we are to believe that these guys were unprofessional this year. If it was AFB, he should've been moved on. If it wasn't, who was it? Are these people still at the club? Why did this happen? One good year, and things go tits up?
Yea fair enough. But TBH I’m less surprised about the news itself as I am about someone actually admitting it.

Bunch of 20-something y/o males with a lot of money and lots of attention.. I imagine nearly every club, at any given time, has a handful of players whose heads aren’t in the right place. They just rarely admit to it unless there’s an incident.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yea fair enough. But TBH I’m less surprised about the news itself as I am about someone actually admitting it.

Bunch of 20-something y/o males with a lot of money and lots of attention.. I imagine nearly every club, at any given time, has a handful of players whose heads aren’t in the right place. They just rarely admit to it unless there’s an incident.
Oh no I agree. I'm not surprised, it does f**k me off but...actually no, it does surprise me. No it doesn't surprise me in the sense that I've followed the NRL for a long time, teams have issues and they're humans, shit happens. But with our team, the main issue we felt - and some still do - was around AFB. But he played the house down from mid-season. So who are these issues around? Can anyone hazard a guess who it might be, that Stacey is talking about?

Stacey said a few things in that interview that I would never expect a professional to say, I now have a really good idea why I've never thought he'd be head material. Saying that, was poor. You don't kick fans in the teeth when you're down and it does your club no favours to say some people weren't in the right headspace.

Latest posts