What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Nutz

Bench
Would say its a shoot out between him, Naden and Kepaoa for left centre. Assume Toa will be right.
Vic, if we are hanging our hat on those three to be our saviours next year then I feel we are going to get touched up again.
I have no confidence in our backs.
Bula is a goodin but as I said a time ago, he will be targeted now. More traffic will come him way.
He still is very inexperienced and we need to keep developing the lad.
To'a would hold his end up if we recruited a good centre.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Vic, if we are hanging our hat on those three to be our saviours next year then I feel we are going to get touched up again.
I have no confidence in our backs.
Bula is a goodin but as I said a time ago, he will be targeted now. More traffic will come him way.
He still is very inexperienced and we need to keep developing the lad.
To'a would hold his end up if we recruited a good centre.

yep, we have a poor squad and the poorest position in it is centre. Hence the Olam look.

Nutz

Bench
With 2023 a complete disaster again, wondering what the team will look like next season, obviously new signings may still be coming, which may or may not be included?

For me:
1. Bulla
2. T’oa (Nofa dropped)
3. Naden
4. Staines
5. Tupou
6. Sullivan
7. Sezer
8. Utoikamanu
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Papi
12. Bateman
13. Pole
14. Kepaoa
15. Twal
16. Blore
17. Seyfarth
18. Da Silva
I think there's more changes coming boys.
Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

Nutz

Bench
For me this year was a bigger disappointment than 2022 because we had a decent forward pack and a sprinkling of talent in the backs...Tupou , Bula, To'a.
We failed again in the halves.
Well both halves are gone and we've recruited a veteran and a puppy to guide us around the paddock. These new halves won't be any good unless they have good players outside them and we still have a couple of weak areas that we all know too well.

Tigerm

Coach
For me this year was a bigger disappointment than 2022 because we had a decent forward pack and a sprinkling of talent in the backs...Tupou , Bula, To'a.
We failed again in the halves.
Well both halves are gone and we've recruited a veteran and a puppy to guide us around the paddock. These new halves won't be any good unless they have good players outside them and we still have a couple of weak areas that we all know too well.
Hopefully, it's a case for some, that they are another season experienced?
For me, I really hope we can get someone like Olam and he performs to the ability he is capable of?

Nutz

Bench
Hopefully, it's a case for some, that they are another season experienced?
For me, I really hope we can get someone like Olam and he performs to the ability he is capable of?
Exactly TM.
The biggest problems I see is a backline getting used to their new halves and vise versa and secondly with D.
All the Brooks haters would have blinkers on if they couldn't see the effort that Brooks put into D.
Sezer is a big ½ but is he going to cut it coming back to the best league comp in the world?? There is a lot to play out next year and I'm hoping that 70-0 thrashings are a thing of the past.

Tigerm

Coach
Exactly TM.
The biggest problems I see is a backline getting used to their new halves and vise versa and secondly with D.
All the Brooks haters would have blinkers on if they couldn't see the effort that Brooks put into D.
Sezer is a big ½ but is he going to cut it coming back to the best league comp in the world?? There is a lot to play out next year and I'm hoping that 70-0 thrashings are a thing of the past.
Unless, we are doing he thrashings hahaha

I didn't think much of Brooks for quite a few seasons. It was never his speed or his defence, it was always his lack of action in attack, I won't speak for everyone, but I'd be pretty sure most felt the same?

If Sezer can set us in attacking raids, it's all you can ask of him, imo.

Tigerm

Coach
I still have doubts but what can we do?
Well, when you are at LO, wear a WT's singlet (no matter the weather) and shadow box near the players entrance, while shouting, tigers, tigers, c'mon tigaaa's. hahaha

Nutz

Bench
I've got such a good yarn to tell about Laurie. I'll post up in memories later.
I'm watching the cricket final...catch up later guys.

Tigerm

Coach
NBWT:
Isaiah Papali’i: “Having Benji at the helm is going to be good, where we are getting a constant message or a constant game plan that is going to be simple for the whole 27 rounds.”

Ouch, sorry timmy.

Tigerm

Coach
NBWT:
Isaiah Papali’i: “Having Benji at the helm is going to be good, where we are getting a constant message or a constant game plan that is going to be simple for the whole 27 rounds.”

Ouch, sorry timmy.

Nutz

Bench
At training you have to have you assistants and trainers etc directing traffic but on game day it should be one voice.
I've come to know that Benji is not only confident but he's akways had a voice.... he'll go ok as head coach imo.

Vic Mackey

Referee

I know pre season has a lot of talk however both Ice and Api have now commented on how confusing Sheens style was. I got told early on that Sheens basically had no structures and told them to just 'play footy.' You could tell from round 1 no one had any idea what was going on.

Lets hope that Benji implements a more regular structure.

Tigerm

Coach
I know pre season has a lot of talk however both Ice and Api have now commented on how confusing Sheens style was. I got told early on that Sheens basically had no structures and told them to just 'play footy.' You could tell from round 1 no one had any idea what was going on.

Lets hope that Benji implements a more regular structure.
Yeah, he was old school against modern structures, I feel his 200 passes a day each gave him away?
Though his ploy against Penrith in the rain worked well, but not much else?