What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Nutz

Bench
Do byes count towards bans?
Don't think so mate as it would be open duck season for thugs to take out a play maker a week before their bye.
However, I can remember Angus Crichton who was banned for two matches after he elbowed Samoa hooker Chanel Harris-Tavita at Old Trafford.
He then was told he could serve his sentence in the NRL trial games.
If this still applies I can't see why Fainu couldn't do the same.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT:
“In our [coaching] team Robbie [Farah] looks after the attack, John [Morris] looks after the defence, Chris [Heighington] will do the forwards and our effort areas and I’ll oversee the overarching theme of the way we want to play”

Got some experience working here atm.
All 4 WT NRL coaches for 2024 played over 300 games in the NRL: Benji Marshall (346), Chris Heighington (338), Robbie Farah (303), John Morris (300).

Hope it leads to good things.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT:

Luke Brooks & WT won’t face off until Rd25 in the Brooks/Aloiai/Paseka/Woods/Talau/Taupau/Lodge/Brown/Fainu/Fainu/Fainu/Feledy/Lambkin/Fulton/McDonnell/Gentle/Kenna/Dias/James/Suli Cup

hahaha

Ned Kelly

Juniors
NBWT:

Luke Brooks & WT won’t face off until Rd25 in the Brooks/Aloiai/Paseka/Woods/Talau/Taupau/Lodge/Brown/Fainu/Fainu/Fainu/Feledy/Lambkin/Fulton/McDonnell/Gentle/Kenna/Dias/James/Suli Cup

hahaha
Most appropriately named event in the NRL Calendar.

Excited Mark Mckinney GIF by Superstore

Tigerm

First Grade

The draw, the draw (you just gotta imagine the little bloke shouting that out, if you're old enough) hahaha

Tigerm

First Grade
Summary of draw from NBWT:
2024 Opponents:
Byes: Rd1, Rd13, Rd26

+ Home games:

- Leichhardt:
Rd3 vs Sharks
Rd15 vs Titans
Rd18 vs Storm
Rd22 vs Cowboys
Rd25 vs Manly

- Campbelltown:
Rd6 vs Dragons
Rd8 vs Broncos
Rd16 vs Raiders
Rd24 vs Souths
Rd27 vs Eels

- Magic:
Rd11 vs Dolphins

- Tamworth:
Rd10 vs Knights

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
NBWT:
“In our [coaching] team Robbie [Farah] looks after the attack, John [Morris] looks after the defence, Chris [Heighington] will do the forwards and our effort areas and I’ll oversee the overarching theme of the way we want to play”

Got some experience working here atm.
All 4 WT NRL coaches for 2024 played over 300 games in the NRL: Benji Marshall (346), Chris Heighington (338), Robbie Farah (303), John Morris (300).

Hope it leads to good things.
Morris looking after D is left field.
However, and without looking into it, I think the majority of our conceded tries come from out wide, wingers rushing in, being burnt on the outside or simply not matching up/counting numbers.
So in this regard, Morris who once was an astute back, could actually be of benifit.
Most head D coaches are forward orientated like Furner (and was always the case when I was playing) so it's going to be interesting if this works.

Tigerm

First Grade
Morris looking after D is left field.
However, and without looking into it, I think the majority of our conceded tries come from out wide, wingers rushing in, being burnt on the outside or simply not matching up/counting numbers.
So in this regard, Morris who once was an astute back, could actually be of benifit.
Most head D coaches are forward orientated like Furner (and was always the case when I was playing) so it's going to be interesting if this works.
If it doesn’t work out, we are ruthless apparently?
The only club who is, apparently?