What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Vic Mackey

Referee

Wonderboy Lachlan Galvin is coming into contention as a shock selection in Wests Tigers' team to start the season.

Fresh out of school, 18-year-old Galvin was expected to bide his time in the lower grades for much of 2024.

But the youngster, labelled by those in the know as the next Nathan Cleary, has been fast-tracked into the top side at five-eighth following injuries to new signings Latu Fainu and Jayden Sullivan.

WHAT INJURIES?

Seems that Moles based it all off some training pics. Apparently Bud & Latu had minor hamstring injuries last year so Sezer and Galvin were the only halves training. Thats also the main reason Large and Tannous were brought in from Ball/Matts to train with NRL.

Also Galvin plays nothing like Nathan Cleary. If I was to compare him to anyone it would be Trent Barrett.

Nutz

Bench
Seems that Moles based it all off some training pics. Apparently Bud & Latu had minor hamstring injuries last year so Sezer and Galvin were the only halves training. Thats also the main reason Large and Tannous were brought in from Ball/Matts to train with NRL.

Also Galvin plays nothing like Nathan Cleary. If I was to compare him to anyone it would be Trent Barrett.
Molee Molee Molee :)

Das Hassler

Bench
I'm well behind the curve in recognizing half of these guys...it's going to take a little while. In the meantime appreciate any and all insights on the up 'n comers accompanied by a picture where possible ?

Nutz

Bench
It will be Fainu or Sullivan.

There's a scarcity of decent halves so hopefully whomever we let go of doesn't come at cost to the club.
Agree, I'm leaning towards Sullivan but as you know, another club has to take over his contract and the better player will be their preferred option and I think Fainu is potentially the better player.
I hope that all the halves in question don't drop their bundle and it becomes a train wreck.
Injuries can play a big factor in this so I hope everyone keeps focused.

Nutz

Bench
@Iamback
@Tigerm
@The Silverdale Phantom
@Tiger Ted
@gordsy
@Vic Mackey
@Ned Kelly
@Ron's_Mate
@Fordy20
@The Charlatan
@Old Time Tiger
@Das Hassler
@General Stripes
@BrotherJim05
@Perth Tiger
Sorry if you didn't get a notification, brain's not working :confused:

Iamback and I are organising a Wests Tigers versus Panthers "Head to Head" in 2024 NRL Fantasy. They will soon have a joining code for us.
If you're interested, reply with a yes/no so we can add you to the mailing list.
Any questions please ask here or msg me.
Cheers

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
@Iamback
@Tigerm
@The Silverdale Phantom
@Tiger Ted
@gordsy
@Vic Mackey
@Ned Kelly
@Ron's_Mate
@Fordy20
@The Charlatan
@Old Time Tiger
@Das Hassler
@General Stripes
@BrotherJim05
@Perth Tiger

We're organising a Wests Tigers versus Panthers "Head to Head" in 2024 NRL Fantasy. They will soon have a joining code for us.
If you haven't played before, basically the team that you've put together will go up against an panthers forum member each week and the team that has the most points after that game wins the match up. The winner also gets a rd result point that goes to running tally eg After rd.... Wests Tigers lead 18-10.
Also there will be a tipster winner [most points for the rd and an overall tipster leader.
The format will depend on how many players from each forum participates.
If it's not workable as described we may just have a simple head to head whereas we will know at the end of the season if the winning member is a Tiger or a Panther.
Prizes may include free smiley faces or indemnity to abusive posts for the remainder of the year.
If you're interested in helping me defend our honour please reply with a yes/no so we can add you to the mailing list for the code. Or you can reply to the panthers thread.

It usually fills up quick as the season nears so reply well before the trials start.
Depending on the number of entrants we can also start another comp just for us tigers, last year I was in 4 comps and I just had the one team of players so it's not hard or confusing.
One guy last year kept forgetting to adjust his team but he still came 3rd because he was left with heaps of subs for the final ¼ of the season.
Cheers
Sure, I happy to join up

Nutz

Bench
One of many polls going around, this one from SMH ~ 853 voters
Premiers ~ 6%
Top 4 ~ 3%
5th - 8th ~ 23%
9th - 12th ~ 40%
13th - 16th ~ 22%
Wooden Spoon ~ 6%

Some devoted, maybe delusional WT supporters have us 6% premiers. It wasn't me :)
I think a broader 7th - 13th is for me.
giphy.gif

Nutz

Bench
I just watched a replay of last year's U19's SOO and I must say Samuela Fainu played with energy and had hand in the big moments. He is aggressive too.
When he beefs up I think we'll have a good player on our hands.
Latu Fainu set up a lot of plays/tries and is going to be an asset for us as well.
Happy days are upon us.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Premiers ~ 6%
Top 4 ~ 3%
5th - 8th ~ 23%
9th - 12th ~ 40%
13th - 16th ~ 22%
Wooden Spoon ~ 6%

Some devoted, maybe delusional WT supporters have us 6% premiers. It wasn't me :)
View attachment 83831

probably a huge amount of tigers fans but interesting that the most popular position is 9-12th. I’d take that.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
@Iamback
@Tigerm
@The Silverdale Phantom
@Tiger Ted
@gordsy
@Vic Mackey
@Ned Kelly
@Ron's_Mate
@Fordy20
@The Charlatan
@Old Time Tiger
@Das Hassler
@General Stripes
@BrotherJim05
@Perth Tiger

Iamback and I are organising a Wests Tigers versus Panthers "Head to Head" in 2024 NRL Fantasy. They will soon have a joining code for us.
If you're interested, reply with a yes/no so we can add you to the mailing list.
Cheers
YES

Sure, count me in as long as you are ok with me being totally crap at picking fantasy teams. I pretty much go for as many Tigers players as I can which obviously hasn't gone too well for me.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Premiers ~ 6%
Top 4 ~ 3%
5th - 8th ~ 23%
9th - 12th ~ 40%
13th - 16th ~ 22%
Wooden Spoon ~ 6%

View attachment 83831
If I had a betting account I was thinking I would put $10 on the Tigers to win the comp. I wouldn't miss 10 bucks but a grand return would be nice.

Then again I can do without the stress every time we lose.

I would be very happy with a 9th to 12th finish.

WA Tiger

Bench
Premiers ~ 6%
Top 4 ~ 3%
5th - 8th ~ 23%
9th - 12th ~ 40%
13th - 16th ~ 22%
Wooden Spoon ~ 6%

View attachment 83831
Who’s delusional. Fact is no one has a clue. Even elite experts like me

WA Tiger

Bench
If I had a betting account I was thinking I would put $10 on the Tigers to win the comp. I wouldn't miss 10 bucks but a grand return would be nice.

Dolphins Tigers grand final $751

Nutz

Bench

I was going to do some crazy chart putting our players up against other teams but it was too difficult.
Have a go yourself because you'll realise that we actually have a competitive team, especially with our forwards.
What is a glaring problem or weakness is whether our halves can make a change and our outside backs are not as good as some teams.
I certainly don't think we'll get the spoon.
If we can improve in the areas above then we've got a chance of pushing for a top 8 spot. Do I believe that....of course I do, tiger fans are eternal optimists.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
YES

Sure, count me in as long as you are ok with me being totally crap at picking fantasy teams. I pretty much go for as many Tigers players as I can which obviously hasn't gone too well for me.
It will be fun mate, it's also a way to keep an eye on other teams/players and how they are playing the game.
When the WT don't play well I have other players in my fantasy team to cheer for :)

Latest posts