What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Using another forum's (he, she, they, them) poster as your backup support is a bit shaky, but all good?

I certainly don't dispute the club's stupidity in appointing Tim, but if you look at it, they had a 600 game coach (Bennett is the only coach who has more games) who probably talks well in meetings already in the club, from memory, all in sundry (except many supporters) were saying what a great idea it will be, so they went with it.

I only dispute that the board is making the players perform like shit. We did have our cap shackled for a long while with bad contracts (from previous coaches) and we are really just getting over it. That is bad footy club management, not the board. You don't buy a dog and bark yourself.

I also do believe if Lee is putting a bucket load of money, he does deserve a seat at the table.
As for being the chairman, the board vote on the chair position. If the 4 directors you mentioned are not happy, why do they continually vote him in?

The club is in a great position on all fronts, except the most important one, the results, but that will change, hopefully Benji will be the one?

I see you’ve been turned over to the dark side, very sad. They’ve taken over your conscience.

I will be there to be on the right side on history and back the rebels.

It’s time to liberate the centre of evilness and boot Lee and his spinning ass into the next world.

We don’t need his money. That’s not an argument. He can donate all he wants without being the overlord.

He was in charge of the club and he’s totally incompetent. We’ve been going in the right direction for 3 years under Lee. And look where we’ve ended up?

The board have finally had enough of him.

We’ve just got our second spoon, Im not falling for any more false promises and dawns that never come.

We are the worst club in the nrl under Lee. That’s a fact. Not a theory.

I’m sick of being kicked around.

What he has overseen at this club has been catastrophic.

You can buy jerseys now for less than half price. Pick up a few dodgy Anzac ones featuring US soldiers.

Remember he went to take on vlandys over the felt tackle. Turns up in his Ferrari and fedora ready for battle and walks out with his tail between his legs.

We got reemed. It was pathetic.

What about the stolen members seating at LO? Under his watch.

As for members, do we have any left? Sponsors falling off, you name it, we are cactus.

Even the magpies know this.

We have a rookie coach who was gifted the job on the mate, and while our signings are ok, they are not sufficient.

Lee had his go, he doesn’t understand how to chair a club and he should do the right thing and join Sheensy and creep back into the shadows.

Kids don’t want to wear Wests Tigers colours. They get laughed at. That’s a disgrace.

That’s why I fight.

Last edited:
Can't see it, is that you leading a lynch mob?

The WT Board of Enquiry is reconvened and now calls to the stand Mr Justin Pascoe:

Q: Is your name Justin Pascoe?

A: On legal advice, I plead the 5th.

I have no doubts, Justin will desert his post and throw Lee under the bus.

He’s a complete mercenary, a pitiful gollum of the nrl. But he delivered Fulton.

I’m kind of hopeful he’ll pull through. He’s got he Nuremberg defence.

Lee wasn’t too publically praiseworthy of him a few months ago. I smelt the rat. He said Justin had a “contract” but it was quite throwaway and not very encouraging.

And probably Justin detects that he is about to be sacrificed, just like Madge.

Accordingly he creates a secret channel to the rebel forces.

86CB3CD7-A18B-4CF1-923D-3D0F7166F037.jpeg

So It wouldn’t surprise me if Justin was a rebel spy.

Lee is isolated now, desperate, he’s already condemned the review without reading its findings.

No point fighting the inevitable Lee. Go quietly and you may be invited back into the fold at another time.

We appreciate your efforts and wish you well in your future endeavours.

BTF and why not take GTA with you.

To arms patriots, fight the power.

Stop hiding @Nutz, you’re leading the attack on the southern flank.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Stop hiding @Nutz, you’re leading the attack on the southern flank.
Geez TSP, what do you want me to do, thow my ventilator at them? Hee hee.
I'm happy, at least there have been some changes. Something had to be done.
In the end it's a business and they own the product. The only power we supporters have is to stop buying the product.
The written threat is only going to do so much.
A physical demonstration is hard to organise. This means not renewing memberships, not attending games nor buying merch is the only thing left.
Do you really yhink this is going to help our club attract marquee players, I don't think so.
It's not going to help our cause by continuing to buy into click bait by some starving journos.
I'm sitting back and hopefully we'll start playing good footy which will stop a lot of this noise.
Season 2024 may just be a good year for us. New halves, a new star fullback and a full preseason together where everyone is fit. I'm keen to see how we are building.

Geez TSP, what do you want me to do, thow my ventilator at them? Hee hee.
I'm happy, at least there have been some changes. Something had to be done.
In the end it's a business and they own the product. The only power we supporters have is to stop buying the product.
The written threat is only going to do so much.
A physical demonstration is hard to organise. This means not renewing memberships, not attending games nor buying merch is the only thing left.
Do you really yhink this is going to help our club attract marquee players, I don't think so.
It's not going to help our cause by continuing to buy into click bait by some starving journos.
I'm sitting back and hopefully we'll start playing good footy which will stop a lot of this noise.
Season 2024 may just be a good year for us. New halves, a new star fullback and a full preseason together where everyone is fit. I'm keen to see how we are building.

I expect you to report at the eastern rampart of the centre of excellence at 19 hundred hours or I’ll have you arrested by the fans militia.

Nutz

Bench
I expect you to report at the eastern rampart of the centre of excellence at 19 hundred hours or I’ll have you arrested by the fans militia.
Before I side with you TSP, take this oath..
It is my duty now to swear you in, and to take with you the oath to be faithful to the Southern Cross. Now hear me with attention. The man who, after this solemn oath does not stand by our standard, is a coward at heart … We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other, and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
The COE Stockade Rebellion

Nutz

Bench
There is one player that I'm very disappointed in and that's Stefano.
I'm hoping he can improve his post contact metres in 2024 and get a bit of agro about him.
We need an alpha male leading the charge and I'm not seeing it from anyone.
Blore goes close but hasn't the size so I'm hoping for a new Stef to come out all guns blazing.

Before I side with you TSP, take this oath..
It is my duty now to swear you in, and to take with you the oath to be faithful to the Southern Cross. Now hear me with attention. The man who, after this solemn oath does not stand by our standard, is a coward at heart … We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other, and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
The COE Stockade Rebellion

Amen.

Half of me is the Irish, so this is easily sworn.

In darkest day
In blackest night
I love West Tigers
I’m here to fight

Down with Lee
A human curse
For him I write
This stupid verse.

He’s made the club come a cropper
So now it’s time to

105C7ED0-F647-4C01-831D-824E3DCBEFC2.jpeg

Fordy20

Juniors
You might be betting on the wrong horse, TSP. According to the Terrorgraph, it's Tony Andreacchio and Rick Wayde on the chopping block:

Email revelation rocks Tigers

“Daily Telegraph” said:
The Wests Tigers civil war has taken a dramatic twist with revelations of a high-profile rejection and a board member taking six months leave after sending a provocative email.

Rugby League: Impressive Samoan fullback Sualauvi Fa'alogo was cruelly denied a sensational try against the Kangaroos.

John Coates, one of Australian sport’s most powerful administrators, has rejected any notion of stepping in to help the embattled Wests Tigers.

Coates has been mentioned among a raft of high-profile figures to assist a club that has been mired in mediocrity for over a decade.

Coates’ call to distance his name from being linked to an administrative role with the club has emerged amid revelations that long-time director Rick Wayde took a six-month sabbatical from the Wests Tigers board after offending some of his fellow directors with a provocative email.
Wayde, who has since returned to the board, is up for re-election early next year along with fellow board member Tony Andreacchio.

Asked about the email, which led to him taking a break from his place on the board in 2016 but has remained a secret to this day, Wayde said: “I will stand by my record. I think I have acted with proprietary with everything I have done since the 80s.

“Maybe I sent an email at some point with some home truths in it. I have always been direct and honest. There’s a few people at the moment who are looking to save themselves.”

Wests Tigers board member Rick Wayde is up for re-election early next year.

Andreacchio, who was also a director at the time, confirmed he was aware of email but insisted Wayde had stepped aside rather than been pushed.

Revelations of the historical boardroom drama at the Tigers comes as Wayde and Andreacchio find themselves under pressure to retain their positions as directors amid an external review of the club and impending elections for the Holman Barnes Group, which owns the Tigers.

This is all playing out ahead of club legend Benji Marshall officially taking over the reigns as head coach in his rookie 2024 season.

John Coates has offered a polite ‘thanks, but no thanks’ to the Wests Tigers.

The ructions at the Tigers have prompted some to suggest long-time Western Suburbs supporter Coates could come in and play a Mr Fix-It role at the besieged club.

However, the IOC heavy hitter has shot down any interest in being dragged into the club’s ugly civil war.

“The answer is no, not interested,” Coates told this masthead.

“It’s (joining the Wests Tigers administration) been raised informally with me over the years, but it’s not something I want to do and I’m far too busy.
“I’ve never given them any indication I would do it. They know that.
“The club is my pleasure and I don’t want to mix my team with business.’’

Coates is the President of the International Council of Arbitration for Sport and Court of Arbitration for Sport and vice president of the Brisbane 2032 organising committee.

“I get to their games when I can get to games,” Coates said.

“I’ve got Brisbane 2032 to focus on, among other things. I’m just a supporter.’’
Benji Marshall officially takes over as head coach this off-season, and is craving stability at the club.

The Tigers continue to deal with the fallout from a turgid season which culminated in them finishing with another wooden spoon and prompted the Holman Barnes Group – which has a majority on the board – to order a review at the behest of frustrated fans.

The decision to orchestrate a review has led to suggestions that chair Lee Hagipantelis is under pressure, a belief that was magnified when Andreacchio asked him to stand aside last month after this masthead revealed that his tenure had been extended for a further three years.

“I asked him (whether) he would step aside as chair while the review was on,” Andreacchio said.

“I didn’t ask him to stand aside from the board. It was never stand down, it was step aside as chair during the review.”

Hagipantelis was due to chair a meeting on Monday night where he would have come face-to-face with his fellow directors, however, it was postponed because chief executive Justin Pascoe is overseas with some of the club’s corporate backers.

Andreacchio’s involvement in the boardroom manoeuvring hints at the growing influence he has over the running of the club as chair of the Holman Barnes Group.

A real estate agent with strong ties to the community in the west, Andreacchio has seemingly mastered the art of pulling strings in the background while avoiding the sort of scrutiny that has been placed on others within the organisation.

He is not alone. Wayde has been a long-time board member. So has Dennis Burgess, whose background is in the music industry. So too Danny Stapleton, the lone Balmain representative on the board who is chair of their football committee.

All have presided over years of failure at the club, highlighted by a churn of coaches and players. In some cases, their involvement stretches back more than a decade.

A day of reckoning seems imminent. The results of the independent review is due to be handed down next month and is expected to recommend change to the board.

If Andreacchio and Wayde walk way from the review with their positions safe, they will be at the mercy of the Holman Barnes members early next year.

Both insist their record speaks for itself.

“It’s never been about preservation for me,” Andreacchio said.

“I started supporting Wests Magpies in 1958. I grew up in Summer Hill. I have great friends at Balmain. I think that is what life is about.

“I do lots of thing but it isn’t about preservation. Life will go on.”

You might be betting on the wrong horse, TSP. According to the Terrorgraph, it's Tony Andreacchio and Rick Wayde on the chopping block:

Email revelation rocks Tigers

Cheers, I’ll take my chances and die on my feet.

I was reminded of another Lee gaffe today.

He publicly stated that Furner would be there for a Benji in 2024.

Next day Furner was unceremoniously sacked.

Lee is too unpopular to survive I think.

I’m confident he’s going down.

I’m looking for a market tonight.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Cheers, I’ll take my chances and die on my feet.

I was reminded of another Lee gaffe today.

He publicly stated that Furner would be there for a Benji in 2024.

Next day Furner was unceremoniously sacked.

Lee is too unpopular to survive I think.

I’m confident he’s going down.

I’m looking for a market tonight.
Make sure you have clean socks on then.

Maybe a pair of WT’s socks might be appropriate?lol

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Yup,

The whole structure is a miserable joke.

Most of the board still own fax machines

Let there be rivers of blood!

Amen!

If this review ends with implementing a Parramatta style governance model and puts an end to Wests Ashfield appointing directors, it will be the greatest thing to happen to the club since winning the GF in 2005.

I do wonder if that’s why Andreacchio wanted Lee to step down. He might be worried that Lee would actually implement such changes if recommended by the review.

Amen!

If this review ends with implementing a Parramatta style governance model and puts an end to Wests Ashfield appointing directors, it will be the greatest thing to happen to the club since winning the GF in 2005.

I do wonder if that’s why Andreacchio wanted Lee to step down. He might be worried that Lee would actually implement such changes if recommended by the review.

Thoughtful considerations indeed.

Lee has already criticised the review without the benefit of reading its findings, but the door remains open for him to embrace them or most of them.

We could not expect him to accept any findings attributing any wrongfulness to him or if so, he can blame others for his errant courses.

That would be my first thoughts on such an outcome you have cautiously proffered.

I appreciate the out of the box speculation.

Latest posts