What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Tigerm

First Grade

Tigerm

First Grade
TIGERS

2023 squad:
Adam Doueihi (2024), Alex Twal (2024), Alex Seyfarth (2023), Apisai Koroisau (2026), Apisalome Saukuru (2023), Asu Kepaoa (2024), Brandon Tumeth (2024, PO 2025), Brent Naden (2025), Charlie Staines (2023), Daine Laurie (2023), David Klemmer (2025, MO 2026), David Nofoaluma (2025), Fonua Pole (2025), Isaiah Papali’i (2025), Jahream Bula (2027), Jake Simpkin (2024), John Bateman (2026), Junior Tupou (2024), Justin Matamua (2024, CO 2025), Luke Brooks (2023), Rua Ngatikaura (2024), Shawn Blore (2024), Sione Fainu (2024), Starford To’a (2024), Stefano Utoikamanu (2024, MO 2025), Tommy Talau (2023), Triston Reilly (2024), Tukimihia Simpkins (2023)

Development players: Christian Ma’anaima (2023), Josh Feledy (2023), Kitione Kautoga (2023)

2024 gains: Samuela Fainu (Sea Eagles), Latu Fainu (Sea Eagles), Jayden Sullivan (Dragons), Aidan Sezer (Leeds Rhinos)

2024 losses: Luke Brooks, Tommy Talau (both Manly), Daine Laurie (Panthers), Aitasi James (Manly)

Coach: Benji Marshall (2027

A bit light on for new signings atm?

Tigerm

First Grade

Nutz

Bench

Since 1974, the club GF history as gone L, W (1984), L (1994), W (2004) and L (2014), meaning the club is due for another W in 2024.

Umm.........wow, hope they don't put their houses on it?

We need @madunit to give us some history to tell us when it's our turn?
Probably when the current board resigns ha ha.
In 1969 it was the year of the tiger with Balmain and Richmond (and other codes around Oz) winning so maybe we should be looking at when they might win the GF.

Just some evening muses:

I think the new signings are a definite step in the right direction. We will be a better side. That’s not hard I guess lol.

Sezer is a vanilla half, but if he’s consistent, that’s all I care about.

I’m not sure why the storm want Blore, but I’d swap him for Olam and take the risk. Olam is a strike back and we should back ourselves to regather his potential.

I was reading that there is another shake up per pathways. I am not across it. Juniors are a tough business. These young guys are insane with their passion and competition is intense.

Morris is a keen addition, Im happy to see him. The qld guy, he was sacked wasn’t he? Oh well. He must be good to get another gig so quickly.

There’s a great interview with API doing the rounds. He basically mused that the type of footy Tim wanted didn’t suit the side or vice versa.

The first handful of rounds, so many unforced player errors. The “200 passes a day” or whatever it was was an interesting mantra.

Tim got smashed didn’t he? The way he exited too. Total capitulation in the end. He coveted the staff of power and it turned on him and clubbed him over the head.

I reject the submissions that the game had passed him by. He just couldn’t find any quick and long lasting fixes.

The trick as Jason Taylor said was to try to get every player at optimum at the same time. Up and ready. Pretty rare.
And even if you do, there’s fatigue to cope with.

He had a couple of good ideas that didn’t quite translate.

I liked his “ each player learns two positions” concept, except our ugly lot got it back to front sometimes!

Benji and a few players are the last relics of this tragic era. I’ve speculated that he’s not up to it, but no real point moaning on. There’s some good babysitters.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I spent last month of the season not knowing who was coaching us. It didn’t matter, but the whole show was deeply confusing. I think that summed up our season.

The board is in complete chaos which is important. As a result, Benji would be under immense pressure.

Madge said he never had the chance to take any kind of post season break here or at South’s.

Benji wouldn’t be getting too much sleep either.

Last edited:
D-day for the board on Monday. The SMH says either Lee stays or 4 of the directors resign.

The review is firing along. Independent.

Lee is allegedly frightened of the review, he thinks it is a forgone conclusion.

Most of the recent troubles can be linked to poor decision making.

In particular, the whole return of the sheensy thing.

They summarily sack Madge, because they think Ciraldo is ready to come.

Ciraldo squibs and bumps us, Tim then reject 16 applications and appoints himself for 2 years and his mate ( who has never coached) for a 5 years.

The series of bad decisions continued apace, including my favourite gaffe the spearing of Hastings who didn’t want to go.

And of course, we did not have a ready replacement and stuffed around with the halves all year. What a brilliant call that was, masterstroke.

What amazed me the most was about only 6 games inti 2023, Pascoe knew we were well and truly rooted and moved to sack Tim’s recruitment buddy and the whole rotten edifice starts crumbling.

With the accompanying results.

If Lee and co survive Monday, we are in real trouble.

And Lees self promotion in the face of catastrophe has been shameless.

His latest is “ heading in the right direction” when the record shows 2 spoons.

That’s the right direction if one is a f**king tool Lee.

It’s now or never for this club.

Let the fedora burn.

Tigerm

First Grade
D-day for the board on Monday. The SMH says either Lee stays or 4 of the directors resign.

Lee is allegedly frightened of the review, he thinks it is a forgone conclusion.

Ciraldo squibs and bumps us, Tim then reject 16 applications and appoints himself for 2 years and his mate ( who has never coached) for a 5 years.

The series of bad decisions continued apace, including my favourite gaffe the spearing of Hastings who didn’t want to go.

And of course, we did not have a ready replacement and stuffed around with the halves all year. What a brilliant call that was, masterstroke.

What amazed me the most was about only 6 games inti 2023, Pascoe knew we were well and truly rooted and moved to sack Tim’s recruitment buddy and the whole rotten edifice starts crumbling.

Let the fedora burn.
Yep, except for the last line.

You can’t fault his passion for the club, he put his money in.

But, if he is to go, then I guess we will find out if he was solely responsible for our shit show?

Not sure he or the board are responsible for player ineptness?

Where were these 4 board members, why were they not out voting him on some of these terrible issues, they hired Tim for experience and he f**ked us (many of us knew he would) but they hired him because they felt he had the knowledge to run the football department better than they could, it proved disastrous.

Anyway, I think we may be heading in the right direction as it won’t be hard.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Let the fedora burn.

From what I've read Silverdale that's a pretty good sumary of past events.

From what I've read Silverdale that's a pretty good sumary of past events.

Thanks Alice.

@soc123_au had a premonition three-peat was going to sweep everything away this year and he wasn’t wrong.

I had a good time celebrating the with the panthera this gf.

Lol next years second rowers being debated on the panther forum when the players were still celebrating the victory on the field.

No mercy!

Yep, except for the last line.

You can’t fault his passion for the club, he put his money in.

But, if he is to go, then I guess we will find out if he was solely responsible for our shit show?

Not sure he or the board are responsible for player ineptness?

Where were these 4 board members, why were they not out voting him on some of these terrible issues, they hired Tim for experience and he f**ked us (many of us knew he would) but they hired him because they felt he had the knowledge to run the football department better than they could, it proved disastrous.

Anyway, I think we may be heading in the right direction as it won’t be hard.

Harden up son!

His cash is no doubt one big tax write-off and he’s been paying chump change to swan about feeling important.

The number of lies and spin he’s subjected us to beggars belief.

He walks around threatening to Sue all and sundry, the nrl, Peter peters, complete virtue signalling nonsense .

He started off with the promise of Latrell.

He’s never had a single second of accountability since he took the role.

The record speaks for himself. He’s a self promoting arrogant tool of the highest order delivering successive spoons.

We’ve gone downhill under Lees tenure. New depths never seen before.

He’s a complete embarrassment.

He can hop into his Ferrari that he feels the need to show off and drive off into the sunset.

I’m just warming up.

Btf ( Burn the Fedora)

Justice is coming.

Appreciate your comments always bro.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Thanks Alice.

@soc123_au had a premonition three-peat was going to sweep everything away this year and he wasn’t wrong.

I had a good time celebrating the with the panthera this gf.

Lol next years second rowers being debated on the panther forum when the players were still celebrating the victory on the field.

No mercy!

Your welcome Silverdale it was fun celebrating the grandfinal with cousins (so to speak)

No matter how much money Lee H has poured into your club. It's not worth it, if there are strings attached.

Shows an ulterior motive in the original giving.

(that's my opinion looking in from afar)

Alice makes a good point @Tigerm, something I’ve been belting on about for quite awhile.

If Lee really supported and loved the Wests Tigers as much as he says, he would plough in cash without expecting to be chairperson or a director.

We have plenty of sponsors who do that.

But instead he’s used us like some kind of self promotional vehicle. Lee and his business.

He has always expected something back.

As you know, I was patient and kind until he decided to green light Tim as coach.
Tim who spent months telling us he didn’t covet the position.

The jig was up at that point.

And before I forget, we gave Tim’s wife a plumb job into the bargain.

She got into the payroll too.

And Tim has slinked off, seemed very low key his exit. Snivelling off into the spring night.

This was all under Lees watch.

Btf Burn the Fedora.

Justice is coming.

E4D9BBC2-8680-4D9B-BBB3-1DECE9689D0B.jpegA8609A8D-7E57-4381-9258-4592A7EF95E8.jpegD3921833-089C-4DCD-9376-3B6E876837E3.jpeg8C32FEE4-BE59-4205-B6A9-83EB1B765E0A.jpeg

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Alice makes a good point @Tigerm, something I’ve been belting on about for quite awhile.

If Lee really supported and loved the Wests Tigers as much as he says, he would plough in cash without expecting to be chairperson or a director.

We have plenty of sponsors who do that.

But instead he’s used us like some kind of self promotional vehicle. Lee and his business.

He has always expected something back.

As you know, I was patient and kind until he decided to green light Tim as coach.
Tim who spent months telling us he didn’t covet the position.

The jig was up at that point.

And before I forget, we gave Tim’s wife a plumb job into the bargain.

She got into the payroll too.

And Tim has slinked off, seemed very low key his exit. Snivelling off into the spring night.

This was all under Lees watch.

Btf Burn the Fedora.

Justice is coming.

View attachment 81012View attachment 81014View attachment 81013View attachment 81015
Using another forum's (he, she, they, them) poster as your backup support is a bit shaky, but all good?

I certainly don't dispute the club's stupidity in appointing Tim, but if you look at it, they had a 600 game coach (Bennett is the only coach who has more games) who probably talks well in meetings already in the club, from memory, all in sundry (except many supporters) were saying what a great idea it will be, so they went with it.

I only dispute that the board is making the players perform like shit. We did have our cap shackled for a long while with bad contracts (from previous coaches) and we are really just getting over it. That is bad footy club management, not the board. You don't buy a dog and bark yourself.

I also do believe if Lee is putting a bucket load of money, he does deserve a seat at the table.
As for being the chairman, the board vote on the chair position. If the 4 directors you mentioned are not happy, why do they continually vote him in?

The club is in a great position on all fronts, except the most important one, the results, but that will change, hopefully Benji will be the one?

Latest posts