What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Tigerm

First Grade
I have no expectation of us coming above 12th this year and even that I see as a bit of a long shot.
If we came 10th I would be doing cart wheels.
Hopefully the club is aiming a bit higher than 10th?

I’m more inclined to want to see actual improvement in the fundamentals next year.

Less mistakes, better strategy and execution, more adventurous attack and stiffer up and in lateral defence.

Rotations need to be better and game fitness and development of muscle memory.

And there’s got to be a point where after successive close games, we break through and maintain the rage.

One of the things I am hoping Benji and staff can build is resilience.

When we cough once, we often end of with a bad cold. This has been going on for years.

If we can’t make across the board improvements, we will get a third spoon.

Kick long and make your tackles, stay in the wrestle.

So a lot of things to fix and combinations.

I also hope that returning players remain careful with their diet and fitness over the break. Probably most will, but if I’m coaching, I’m offering incentives for people to train over the break voluntarily.

We could swim meets, tennis and squash comps. Beach days and boating etc. They could mix with people outside of the bubble to make it more interesting. All voluntarily, but this idle minds and stuff is no good for athletes.

Maybe they can get credit for a health diploma.

Chilling around the house, sure some players will need it, but many others might get bored.

A lot of them waste the time and money.

Remember DCE spent his off season once building village schools in the third world. Champion. That’s good for the soul and maybe even makes him a better footballer.

A bit more of the self respect and belief. Gets into the mind, none of these stupid benders and gambling into obliv

We are the worse team in the comp, it would be professionally very upsetting for the players that care like Bateman.

Extras.

B.t.f, capture the coe!

Last edited:

Aaron Payne presents as an enigmatic and fascinating figure.

I would have pictured Benji in a white uniform to underscore the team message.

Did our public relations people think he wouldn’t be recognised?

Might have been better to cover up the Bryson’s logo due to its association with the fedora.

It’s not even a nice logo. Maybe Lee designed it?

Tigerm

First Grade
Maybe we should be looking a bit more closer to the Kiwis?

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench

Looks like we may have another "Rowdy" on our hands.
One thing I thought about Brooks was he appeared too quiet. Too nice.
The halves and fullback can't lose their voice. It's something that Benji needs to ensure they get people in the right positions and get the ball when they want. Bula also needs to direct the D.

Tiger Ted

Bench

The halves and fullback can't lose their voice. It's something that Benji needs to ensure they get people in the right positions and get the ball when they want. Bula also needs to direct the D.
Brooks did extremely well financially for being nice & severely incompetent

Nutz

Bench
Brooks did extremely well financially for being nice & severely incompetent
He wasn't incompetent. He was a great little defender and always gave his all. However he wasn't suited for the modern day ½ back role.
I've always said that Brooks would make a brilliant centre purely on his running game but unfortunately for him there aren't too many midgets that have played centre.
I can guarantee that Brooks playing outside DCE will make him a better player. Well I hope so because I'm one of the few that like him...but not as a half.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He wasn't incompetent. He was a great little defender and always gave his all. However he wasn't suited for the modern day ½ back role.
I've always said that Brooks would make a brilliant centre purely on his running game but unfortunately for him there aren't too many midgets that have played centre.
I can guarantee that Brooks playing outside DCE will make him a better player. Well I hope so because I'm one of the few that like him...but not as a half.
His job description encompassed a heck of a lot more functions than just defending & he was an abject failure at his specific job.Manly fans had better pray that DCE doesn’t suffer a serious injury.

Nutz

Bench
His job description encompassed a heck of a lot more functions than just defending & he was an abject failure at his specific job.Manly fans had better pray that DCE doesn’t suffer a serious injury.
Did say what what you just said. He's not a ½ but a good footballer. He's not incompetent just not a half!

Tigerm

First Grade
Did say what what you just said. He's not a ½ but a good footballer. He's not incompetent just not a half!
How about an “incompetent half” then?

Vic Mackey

Referee

Like his attitude, lets hope he can ball aswell.

gordsy

Juniors
So by your explanation he was shit and not suited for his job but he was nice, well thank the lord he was good at something.
And whilst I like nice people, if they suck at their job, you piss them off just the same as you would a dickhead.

Nutz

Bench
So by your explanation he was shit and not suited for his job but he was nice, well thank the lord he was good at something.
And whilst I like nice people, if they suck at their job, you piss them off just the same as you would a dickhead.
I didn't say I defended him as a ½. I'm shitty that the club held on to him for so long whilst not developing him as a ½. Not his fault and he's laughing all the way to the bank.

gordsy

Juniors
I didn't say I defended him as a ½. I'm shitty that the club held on to him for so long whilst not developing him as a ½. Not his fault and he's laughing all the way to the bank.
No that was our fault. Should never have offered him that much cash but I would have walked earlier If I was him too. Money isn't everything.

Last edited: