What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season '22

soc123_au

Staff member
Staines easily has jenkins covered.
Jenkins is similar to blake in speed imo. Quite quick over a 100 but certainly not explosive. Staines, Luai or tago id say would be close to the quickest over 10 to 20m. Id almost back tago over 20m. He definitley is a smokey for his speed and has alot of explosive power.

Photos can be decieving. Theres no doubt geyer and smith are considerably bigger than jenkins. They just have filled out yet where he has.

Jenkins would probably be 96 to 98kgs.

Smith is about 107 but probably needs to get to 112 to 115 for his height.

Geyer is maybe a 105 but ideally needs to get to aboyt 110-112 for his height i think. I wouldnt consider this too big for either of them given their height and adding 6 to 7 kgs of muscke each will just help with their longevity and copping with the riggers of week in week out nrl against fully developed forwards.
MG senior wasn't a tank, more tall and lanky like the younger version. I know the game is different now, but I would like to see how Maverik goes without dramatically changing his natural build.

Girds89

Bench
MG senior wasn't a tank, more tall and lanky like the younger version. I know the game is different now, but I would like to see how Maverik goes without dramatically changing his natural build.
I understand what youre saying and agree to an extent. But hell need to add some lean muscle just to be able to cope with the rigours of nrl.

As you say, the games changed and the are all basically fine tuned machines these days.

Not saying he needs to bulk up, but just add 5 or so kilos of lean muscle and lose any fat.

Only have to look at the builds off most front rowers these days. JFH and leota are lean as anything and barely have any fat of them. Just pure lean muscle.

Smith and geyer still have a bit of filling out to do. Another 12 months for both probably.

Excites to see lindsay this year. Geyer getting a debut is probably not gunna happen but if he gets one or two games as a sniff thatll be exciting too.

Certainly will be plenty get a chance this year.

Tago is a certainty for bigger minutes.
Tiny is a solid chance of starting.
Jenkins and turuva are on the cusp.
Smith and hopgood hopefully have a breakout year.
Probably 5 guys with realistic chances of games this year with obviously tago getting a definite crack. The others will have to fight for spots.

The Realist

Juniors
He needs to channel his inner Jarrod Sammut, justify his existance and bulk up.

And avoid leaving to the Super League before the season begins.

Haha. You know Jarrod only left because he banged Matt Elliot's (absolutely stunning 10/10) daughter whilst dating the Club Captains (Luke Lewis's) sister. What a way to blow up your NRL career...

Munky

Coach
Haha. You know Jarrod only left because he banged Matt Elliot's (absolutely stunning 10/10) daughter whilst dating the Club Captains (Luke Lewis's) sister. What a way to blow up your NRL career...

Was he justified?

I'm too lazy to use MS paint to photoshop his head onto Timothy Olyphant.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think he had two daughters from memory both of whom were with him during an away game at the Gold Coast during his time with us. Wife and I were staying at the team hotel up there for the game. Can’t remember how they looked. I do seem to remember we had a win so it was a fun trip.

Kilkenny

Coach
That is why Jenkins has a huge ceiling
Can play left and right.
would be the fastest in the club and huge.

Smith needs to get moved to an edge
I would be very surprised if Jenkins is the fastest player at the club On what I have seen of him. Hope so.

Iamback

Coach
I would be very surprised if Jenkins is the fastest player at the club On what I have seen of him. Hope so.

I He looks pretty quick in the 90m try here. You can count on 1 hand the players at the club that can score such tries.

Staines clearly.
Naden and Burton could but both are gone.

Kilkenny

Coach
I He looks pretty quick in the 90m try here. You can count on 1 hand the players at the club that can score such tries.

Staines clearly.
I don’t know what try you are referring too.

we need another genuine speedster so I hope Tom is it and has the all round game to go with it.

He has a great build, athletic physique, two seasons of limited footy is the concern. I so hope he is the real deal.

Kilkenny

Coach

Staines clearly.
Be interesting to know what the Bulldogs picked up Naden for. I suspect probably a bargain.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t know what try you are referring too.

we need another genuine speedster so I hope Tom is it and has the all round game to go with it.

He has a great build, athletic physique, two seasons of limited footy is the concern. I so hope he is the real deal.

link didn't work it was his try v Newtown at home. Had another good run at fullback later in the game.

That is the concern and the reason that I rate our 2023 Premiership chances higher than this season

Kilkenny

Coach
link didn't work it was his try v Newtown at home. Had another good run at fullback later in the game.

That is the concern and the reason that I rate our 2023 Premiership chances higher than this season
Another off season post GF where we have lost key players and depth.

There has to be concerns around our depth going into this season.

Significant outgoings, minimal incomings, it has to be a concern.

The key is not setting the bar to high, we shouldn’t assume another GF or Premiership is a given. It is not. This season is going to be tough, perhaps a season of transition who knows.

Smug Panther

First Grade

The key is not setting the bar to high, we shouldn’t assume another GF or Premiership is a given. It is not. This season is going to be tough, perhaps a season of transition who knows.
As long as Nathan is fit in September we are right in it. I think we'll play Easts in the GF

Blues Riff

Bench

Losing Tamou ,Mansour, and Tetavano was also a "concern". Guess what happened.