What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Row of the decade

Who makes the Second Row of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
Considered by many to be the toughest position in the game, the second row has been home to many stars of our decade who have captured the hearts and minds of many fans.

Today, I'll nominate a staggering 12 candidates (could've easily been more) and I ask simply to vote for the two best.

Here are the nominee's:

Michael Crocker
Craig Fitzgibbon
Bryan Fletcher
Nathan Hindmarsh
Ali Lauiti'iti
Willie Mason
Steve Menzies
Adrian Morley
Andrew Ryan
Gorden Tallis
Anthony Watmough
Sonny-Bill Williams

Please note if one of your favourites isn't on this list, they may feature in the lock of the decade.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Forget Year I meant decade...again...god I'm having a terrible week.

Personally I haven't seen two better backrowers than Nathan Hindmarsh and Gorden Tallis. Both players were leaders who played with the right amount of passion and ability.

Jono078

Referee
I can't choose 2 from

Menzies
Hindmarsh
Mason
Sonny Bill

Sonny Bill is one of the best backrowers I've seen, I never thought much of Menzies while I was watching and Mason was really destructive in his day.

I think I'll go with SBW and Hindmarsh though.

Loudstrat

Coach
Nathan Hindmarsh has probably done more work on a football field than any other player in history. He is also responsible for the greatest try saving effort of the decade when he tackled 3 pommy outside backs on the same blade of grass to deny a try.

Bobcat Ryan in a shade over Fitzy for the other spot.

Easily the toughest decisioon so far... all 12 (and probably a few more) are worthy candidates.

After much deliberation, I went with Hindy and Tallis - the perfect mix of back breaking work ethic and bone breaking aggression.

Latest posts