What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Test, Australia V. England at Edgebaston

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we have a good contest now, this will test us over the next few days

good stuff

Tommy Smith

Referee
Warne is definately the key. That ruff is dangerous and im fearful that he may roll us for 150. But even if he does we will still have a very decent lead.

Hopefully we can make 300 and set Aus an extremely unlikely 400 to win.

Go ENGLAND!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tommy Smith said:
I reckon we will lose now. We simply cant beat Australia with 10 players.

Giles is a King Nuffy. He will bowl maybe 20 overs for 100 odd runs for 1 wicket AT BEST. And he's ordinary as a bat/fielder.

With he 4 quickies we could have afforded to go with Collingwood. But oh well, these are the same selectors that went with Ian "Master of Spin" Bell ahead of Thorpe.
Credit to Giles. He was outstanding. The conditions have suited him down to the ground and he will no doubt be the key in the 4th innings.

Iafeta

Referee
disco1 said:
Geeze guys, since when has it meant that if England can hit 400 that your mob of grandpas will hit 600-800? I think that is a bit of overconfidence to say the least! I don't think their wheelchairs or pacemakers will last that long. I hope we bowl you out for some really poor score then see what your excuses are...ponting this...wicket that....ball this......lucky bowling...blah blah blah, we got you over a barrell in this test.

Did seem to be a lot of over confidence. "We'll score 600", I was listening to the radio last night "On that track Gilly will get 200".

Though, remember, its a 5 day game, and Australia are renowned for coming back from nowhere. They've been down worse than this and won comfortably.

knights04

Bench
Best I've seen Giles bowl for yonks. Langer played well. Interesting to see if the Poms can do well with the bat again.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
australias batting needs to be ressurected. our batsman have to tone it downa little.

yesterday....
hayden - again goes to wild to early - stupid
ponting - great leadership here. gets his job semi done and then plays ANOTHER stupid shot. hey ricky you dumbass, we were still 300 behind them, use ure brain
warne - embarrasing
martyn - embarrasing (however it was a 1 off for him..)

clarke usually bats like an idiot too but yesterday played ok. Langer , Katich and Gillespie are the only 3 in the top 11 who really value their wicket. the rest just let us down time and time again. honestly if u think our batting has struggled just in this series, then ure mistaken, go back and check previous series, there has been many times where weve been 5\200 or so and deep in trouble only for gilchrist to save us. unfortunately this time he cant do it as our tail isnt waging, but they shouldnt be expected to. its the men up the top of the order.

England only need a score of 200 to set us 300. personally id be happy with that. but i cant even see us getting them out for 200. if they get 250-300...then just pray for rain

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
while australia has been in this situation they havent chased a score in the 4th innings of over 300 since langer\gilchrist vs pakistan in about 2000

aussies1st

Staff member
Hayden is really on his last straw here. He hasn't performed in a test for ages and our usual flying start to the inns isn't there anymore. Can't believe the shot Warne played we were still quite a bit behind. Pushing the singles is fine they just got to make sure there actually is a single as Ponting was well out if Pitersen hit and Martyn was far enough out.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
havent seen it, heard it was great but still warne needed to take responsibility (like gillespie) and try and stay with gilchrist. unfortunately he couldnt

aussies1st

Staff member
It spun a mile this is exactly what Aus need. If only Warne could get back the flipper and googly but oh well these big ripping leg breaks will do.

aussies1st

Staff member
Lee gets 2 wickets in 1 over. 1st was a lazy shot from Tres, next one was a pearler where lee got the ball to come off the seam, get past Vaughan's inside edge and bang into the stumps

A_J_Gray

Juniors
England are 4\44
I am 100% certain it should be 5. Peterson was out first ball caught behind I have no doubt. Australia have really copped every decision against them this series.

Langer out off a no ball.
Clarke out off a 50\50 LBW
Gillespie out when he shouldnt of been
Many LBWS in the first test not given
Peterson given not out....
Langers looked very 50\50 to me too yesterday

Iafeta

Referee
Some really ordinary batsmanship here.

One session has killed this series for mine, no coming back from here.

aussies1st

Staff member
This just isn't his tour but he is likely to retain his place as Aus don't have anyone else unless they blood Tait

El Diablo

Post Whore
Bowden should be beaten with a bat.

Worst umpire in test history.

Nothing but a clown

f**k off Brent

Eels Fan

Juniors
Australia requires 282 for victory which would be the biggest chase in test cricket at Edgbaston.