What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seibold

typicalfan

Coach
Yeah nah.

2016 squad sure. 2017/18 was Griffin/Gould’s work. There were mass changes after he left.

If anything, Cleary is inheriting a better squad from Griffin then he had during his time.
Who is Cleary inheriting? Mainly juniors who Griffin inherited from Cleary/Gould like DWZ, Blake, Yeo, RCG, JFH and other already established players like Mansour His son. James Maloney who is only there due to Griffin/Moylan anyway. Sharks seem to have got the better deal there.

Aside from Kikau and Tamou who is he really inheriting from Griffin? Egan maybe

big hit!

Bench
If this Cleary/Penrith shit wasn't going down, there would be a lot more scrutiny on Seibold considering the Brisbane option while still contracted with Souths for another season, and Brisbane actively seeking a coach before they had ended Bennett's term. f**king grub of a club. Get rid of Bennett and find your coach to start this off-season if Wayne isn't in your long-term plans. What they've done is also f**k around another club who need to spend resources to lock in their future direction before the new season begins in just a few weeks.

Bennett will be at Souths and Seibold at Brisbane in a week or two, but no before a f**k load of wrangling between the coaches and clubs re compo, an impact which Brisbane will try and make less of a burden for themselves financially - Netionwide News Ltd merkins

some11

Referee
If this off-field cap is indeed real (I haven't read any specifics, its not even mentioned on the NRL website) then neither coach is going anywhere next year.

yobbo84

First Grade
If a swap for 2019 can't be negotiated, then I'd be putting Seibold on gardening leave and putting a caretaker in for one season. No way I'd let him back into SSFC HQ the way he's gone about things.

Mr Spock!

Referee
If a swap for 2019 can't be negotiated, then I'd be putting Seibold on gardening leave and putting a caretaker in for one season. No way I'd let him back into SSFC HQ the way he's gone about things.
And people are moaning about players/coaches not honouring contracts........

big hit!

Bench
And people are moaning about players/coaches not honouring contracts........

Yeah mate, leave the bloke who has substantial input in player retention & on-field direction coaching at a club when he accepted an offer of interview with a year to run on his appointment, and now has his long-term future tied elsewhere.

Souths want Bennett now, Brisbane want Seibold now. They're lame ducks at their incumbent clubs.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Yeah mate, leave the bloke who has substantial input in player retention & on-field direction coaching at a club when he accepted an offer of interview with a year to run on his appointment, and now has his long-term future tied elsewhere.

Souths want Bennett now, Brisbane want Seibold now. They're lame ducks at their incumbent clubs.

Yeah sure. But my comment was about the hypocrisy of loyalty.

We shafted Maguire last year as well to bring in Seibold on a 2 year deal (dunno whose idea that was but it's like having a bit each way)

Loyalty is a two way street.

Fans are quick to turn against players and coaches when it suits.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Who is Cleary inheriting? Mainly juniors who Griffin inherited from Cleary/Gould like DWZ, Blake, Yeo, RCG, JFH and other already established players like Mansour His son. James Maloney who is only there due to Griffin/Moylan anyway. Sharks seem to have got the better deal there.

Aside from Kikau and Tamou who is he really inheriting from Griffin? Egan maybe

Didn't you know every Panthers junior coming through is the best junior in their position until the next Panthers junior comes through?

big hit!

Bench
Yeah sure. But my comment was about the hypocrisy of loyalty.

We shafted Maguire last year as well to bring in Seibold on a 2 year deal (dunno whose idea that was but it's like having a bit each way)

Loyalty is a two way street.

Fans are quick to turn against players and coaches when it suits.

What's the hypocrisy? Coaches and players know they need to perform or they're out of a job. If football clubs, or any organisation for that matter, stuck with personnel who weren't performing, then lots of organisations would go under. Souths still honoured their contract with him, i.e., Madge was paid. In 2019, he's going to be working for a salary, and has the additional money he would've had from coaching Souths this year. The bloke is doing alright.

blaza88z

Coach
Is this the part where I am suppose down talk the bloke leaving my club like the Souths faithful are starting to do?

Seibold gave you guys a fantastic year as head coach and by the way, the reason they're not swapping is because Bennett is on significantly more than Seibold and we'd have to pay him out, financially it makes no sense.

Mr Spock!

Referee
What's the hypocrisy? Coaches and players know they need to perform or they're out of a job. If football clubs, or any organisation for that matter, stuck with personnel who weren't performing, then lots of organisations would go under. Souths still honoured their contract with him, i.e., Madge was paid. In 2019, he's going to be working for a salary, and has the additional money he would've had from coaching Souths this year. The bloke is doing alright.
Lol loyalty's just a one way street with you.

Seibold is still contracted to Souths.

Its you who wants him gone

Same was with Maguire.

big hit!

Bench
Lol loyalty's just a one way street with you.

Seibold is still contracted to Souths.

Its you who wants him gone

Same was with Maguire.

Yes, LOL. The only loyalty you’re focusing on is black and white.

Be a realist. Talk is just that, talk. Both coaches committed elsewhere knowing they will be at their new club next year. Keeping both men at their incumbent clubs puts Souths and Brisbane in a holding pattern, and potentially vulnerable positions.

Canard

Immortal
Is this the part where I am suppose down talk the bloke leaving my club like the Souths faithful are starting to do?

Seibold gave you guys a fantastic year as head coach and by the way, the reason they're not swapping is because Bennett is on significantly more than Seibold and we'd have to pay him out, financially it makes no sense.

Is the phrase "down talk" really a thing?

Mr Spock!

Referee
Yes, LOL. The only loyalty you’re focusing on is black and white.

Be a realist. Talk is just that, talk. Both coaches committed elsewhere knowing they will be at their new club next year. Keeping both men at their incumbent clubs puts Souths and Brisbane in a holding pattern, and potentially vulnerable positions.

And both are contracted to their current clubs.......

The issue here is which party is going to break the initial contract. No one seems willing at the moment.

Bennett wants his million and his employers aren't keen on paying him out.

This is the thing when fans bemoan the lack of loyalty in the game.

They're quick to want to discard anyone they don't like.

Maybe next time Souths don't offer a 2 year deal.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Btw is it correct that since admission Souths have sacked every coach apart from Johnny Lang?

Coleman
Langmack
Kitinas
McRae
Taylor
Maguire

Lebbo73

Bench
Again.... this is going to be wonderful to watch.

He inherited a very good side at Souths and I wrote that they should make the 8 with their squad before the season started.

He now inherits a squad with countless blokes on million dollar contracts and a heap of rep players plus Bennett has said they have the best crop of young forwards in their history coming through so he should do well there. He has the cattle.

But f**k the pressure will be massive should they perform like they have under Wayne.

Must win a comp up there very, very soon.

How much in total wages (cap and TPAs) do people think the Broncos squad share???12 million plus??

Also the biggest spend by the length of the straight on a football department in the NRL and no Premiership in what must seem like eons to Bronco's fans.

If he's any good the Broncs should be winning a comp in his first 2 yrs.

I mean..... they even have a Bronco logo on their dumbells FFS.

Lift you merkins!
f**k off with this $12m plus crap. If the Roosters are cap compliant then we are miles under the cap!

Spot On

Coach
f**k off with this $12m plus crap. If the Roosters are cap compliant then we are miles under the cap!

Yeah, nah.

You'd be one of the more mentally challenged humans on the planet if you believe Brisbane do not have at least 2 to 3 million in TPAs. And you'd probably like to think you aren't.

Is that the only point you find outrageous???