What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seibold

themacemaceman

Juniors
Btw is it correct that since admission Souths have sacked every coach apart from Johnny Lang?

Coleman
Langmack
Kitinas
McRae
Taylor
Maguire

It’s unusual in the modern game for coaches not to be sacked.
That’s how most of them finish their tenure.
As for Souths.... after re admission the quality of the coaches wasn’t fantastic.
And when you run down the bottom end of the table every year, expect to be sacked.

Mr Spock!

Referee
It’s unusual in the modern game for coaches not to be sacked.
That’s how most of them finish their tenure.
As for Souths.... after re admission the quality of the coaches wasn’t fantastic.
And when you run down the bottom end of the table every year, expect to be sacked.

So should we be surprised when coaches leave for better pastures?

Lebbo73

Bench
Yeah, nah.

You'd be one of the more mentally challenged humans on the planet if you believe Brisbane do not have at least 2 to 3 million in TPAs. And you'd probably like to think you aren't.

Is that the only point you find outrageous???
Who you support explains everything here. There’s no need to drag myself down to your level and get beaten with experience. As you were pleb!

typicalfan

Coach
The players showed last year their support for Wayne and if Wayne sticks around you can be sure there will be an exodus when key players look to follow him or go somewhere else.

If the swap happens now maybe Seibold has 12 months to show he is the man for the job before contracts end.

The Broncos just don't have the same power without Bennett, this has been shown before.

Is a story in today's Daily Telegraph by Dean Ritchie that says many Souths players are peeved with Seibold's signing with the Broncos and that he has basically "lost the dressing room". Story reckons that a coach swap between Brisbane and Souths will be finalised by month's end.

big hit!

Bench
Is a story in today's Daily Telegraph by Dean Ritchie that says many Souths players are peeved with Seibold's signing with the Broncos and that he has basically "lost the dressing room". Story reckons that a coach swap between Brisbane and Souths will be finalised by month's end.
never saw this happen.

at least penrith got the deal done to avoid this happening to cleary at wests. brisbane and news ltd don't want to stump up the money for bennett so are waiting for souths cave in and chip in more.

but he has an agreement in place. his is contracted with Souths for 2019 so the club has to be loyal and stick it out according to Mr Spock.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
If this Cleary/Penrith shit wasn't going down, there would be a lot more scrutiny on Seibold considering the Brisbane option while still contracted with Souths for another season, and Brisbane actively seeking a coach before they had ended Bennett's term. f**king grub of a club. Get rid of Bennett and find your coach to start this off-season if Wayne isn't in your long-term plans. What they've done is also f**k around another club who need to spend resources to lock in their future direction before the new season begins in just a few weeks.

Bennett will be at Souths and Seibold at Brisbane in a week or two, but no before a f**k load of wrangling between the coaches and clubs re compo, an impact which Brisbane will try and make less of a burden for themselves financially - Netionwide News Ltd merkins

Stop your bitching

Mr Spock!

Referee
never saw this happen.

at least penrith got the deal done to avoid this happening to cleary at wests. brisbane and news ltd don't want to stump up the money for bennett so are waiting for souths cave in and chip in more.

but he has an agreement in place. his is contracted with Souths for 2019 so the club has to be loyal and stick it out according to Mr Spock.

lol...you don't get it do you.

We only expect loyalty one way eg Crichton, Siebold signing for Broncos....

Players and coaches are expendable to fans when we don't want them anymore (eg Keary, Maguire or any Souths coach in the past 25 years)

Souths bought this on themselves for signing a coach for only 2 years.

Of course Siebold and Bennett should swap but this whole outrage over coaches leaving to go somewhere else is hypocritical.

Mr Spock!

Referee
lol.....

Seibold denies rift with players as he prepares to front up at Redfern
IN the wake of reports Anthony Seibold has fallen out of favour with Rabbitohs players, the coach has strongly denied he’s lost the dressing shed, and maintains he’ll be at the helm in 2019.

ANTHONY Seibold insists he still intends on coaching South Sydney in 2019, denying suggestions he has fallen out of favour with the playing group.

Seibold is due to return to work at the Rabbitohs on Wednesday, with the Brisbane-bound mentor’s swap with Wayne Bennett not due until the end of next season.

It’s reported that a deal could be brokered between the two clubs to swap coaches for next year, after Bennett signed for Souths for 2020 in the chaotic post-season merry-go-round.

Rabbitohs legend Bob McCarthy was one of several ex-players to question how the two coaches can remain at their clubs next season, particularly given the amount of advanced planning that goes into NRL teams.

But Seibold said on Monday he planned to front for work at Redfern with a view to continuing preparations for 2019 at Souths, having already planned the pre-season.

“I’m going to coach my backside off until I’m told otherwise,” he told News Corp Australia.

“Ultimately, I don’t think the decision is mine. I’ve got my contract here and I intend to see that out.”

Seibold also claimed he could continue working honestly with Rabbitohs players and administrators, maintaining he’d acted in good faith throughout his negotiations with the Broncos.

It comes as reports surfaced suggesting players were unhappy with his decision after his rookie season at the club, where he took the team to the preliminary finals.

“I’ve got an extremely good relationship with the players - I sat at the same table as many of them at Damien Cook’s wedding last week,” Seibold said.

“Some of the messages and conversations I’ve had with them, they understand my decision from a personal point of view.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/r...n/news-story/fbac4420a735fb87a3eecead9d4c68f2

big hit!

Bench
Of course Siebold and Bennett should swap but this whole outrage over coaches leaving to go somewhere else is hypocritical.

good!

it's not about a coach leaving to go somewhere else. it's about a coach committing elsewhere when he's yet to serve out his time at the incumbent club.

Spanish manager Julen Lopetegui was sacked just a few days prior to the 2018 world cup for signing for real madrid, even though his term wasn't to begin until after the tournament, and to a club within the country even, not another nation.

The Tampa Buccs gave Oakland the house practically - 2 first round draft picks, 2 second round draft picks, and $8m - for Jon Gruden in 2002 to be their coach while still at the Raiders.

Don't make this all about Souths. Yes, they want Seibold out now, but Brisbane want Bennett out now too, they just don't want to pay the massive final year figure to see him gone,and Souths don't want to be lumped with it when it wasn't forecast. Brisbane are ultimately the merkins for instigating all of it now and not facilitating it.

Mr Spock!

Referee
good!

it's not about a coach leaving to go somewhere else. it's about a coach committing elsewhere when he's yet to serve out his time at the incumbent club.

Spanish manager Julen Lopetegui was sacked just a few days prior to the 2018 world cup for signing for real madrid, even though his term wasn't to begin until after the tournament, and to a club within the country even, not another nation.

The Tampa Buccs gave Oakland the house practically - 2 first round draft picks, 2 second round draft picks, and $8m - for Jon Gruden in 2002 to be their coach while still at the Raiders.

Don't make this all about Souths. Yes, they want Seibold out now, but Brisbane want Bennett out now too, they just don't want to pay the massive final year figure to see him gone,and Souths don't want to be lumped with it when it wasn't forecast. Brisbane are ultimately the merkins for instigating all of it now and not facilitating it.

Actually it is about Souths. It's also about the nature of contracts.

Teach them for offering a 2 year deal.

And doesn't it break your heart that clubs have to pay out contracts when they break them..

hunters

Juniors
Actually it is about Souths. It's also about the nature of contracts.

Teach them for offering a 2 year deal.

And doesn't it break your heart that clubs have to pay out contracts when they break them..
Lol.... So how many years do you think Souths should have signed an untested rookie coach for?