What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra wants to play for Australia

hutch

First Grade
Extra cashola and extra exposure via 'high level' representative games is a core issue here.

Till we can find the miracle remedy to help all the nations outside the Big 3 ...we are going to have to live with this choking of International RL.

Stop nation swapping and plan a schedule for all nations. Miracle cure found!

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
It's been discussed a million times on here. Someone should do a forum search and mail the results to Collier. Maybe he doesn't appreciate how much a problem this is.

franklin2323

Immortal
Too easy !

If only it was that simple :(

Unfortunately i reckon we will be reading about this issue for many more years to come.

The RLIF want the likes of Milford etc playing for heritage nations. They do the 1 nation for life that won't happen so we are stuck with this

hutch

First Grade
Too easy !

If only it was that simple :(

Unfortunately i reckon we will be reading about this issue for many more years to come.

As we have been for over 20 years now. If we had of taken this matter seriously 15-20 years ago and implemented rules designed for the long term interest of the sport instead of looking for the quick fix we would have progressed a hell of a lot further than we are currently.

Matterhorn

Juniors
So is Akuila Uate eligible now for Fiji or Australia?

I am confused.

it seems Semi could go down the same path - play a few tests and be discarded after that

I mean how many first grade wingers now are eligible for Australia - at least 30 I assume

ram raid

Bench
This is a very messy issue (eligibility etc). It pisses me off and even more so that I don't know what the solution is. At the end of the day he is a Fijian and that's that. But having been developed in the NSW system I'm inclined t say he should be able to rep for NSW at least. But that opens the door for Kiwis and Poms being able to play origin too. The whole thing is a f**king headache. f**k it. And f**k Caitlyn Jenner too.

deluded pom?

Coach
This is a very messy issue (eligibility etc). It pisses me off and even more so that I don't know what the solution is. At the end of the day he is a Fijian and that's that. But having been developed in the NSW system I'm inclined t say he should be able to rep for NSW at least. But that opens the door for Kiwis and Poms being able to play origin too. The whole thing is a f**king headache. f**k it. And f**k Caitlyn Jenner too.

I assume you mean Uate and not Radradra was a product of the NSW system?

Pommy

Coach
If you move to a country to play sport at a professional level then you shouldn't be eligable to play for that country. If you move as a kid for whatever reason you should be eligable to play for both countries. Problem solved.

thorson1987

Coach
They both are aren't they?

No. Radradra was signed by parra from Fiji rugby union when he was 20. Only time he had anything to do with NSW is playing a season of NSW Cup for Wentworthville after his eligibility for Holden Cup was over.

Uate moved to the central coast when he was 15 and played a few seasons for Wyong in their junior league.

hutch

First Grade
Cahill swapped from Samoa to Australia

How did that work ?

He waited 10 years to switch didn't he? That's a fair stand down period. I'd be happy with 4 or 5 in our sport if it was enforced.

Pommy

Coach
Cahill swapped from Samoa to Australia

How did that work ?

According to Wikipedia which has been known to be wrong he only played u20 for them but never played a full international.
I still don't agree with that but it's much better than the current situation in league. To be honest that scenario is not at all uncommon in football players get picked up for say England as a junior and never really develop as expected and end up playing for other nations.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Ugh and now Aitken wanting to play for Scotland as a stepping stone for Origin........

http://www.nrl.com/aitkens-bravehearts-desire/tabid/10874/newsid/93352/default.aspx

If I had my way, the SRL would read that and opt against picking him. He doesnt reflect what we are trying to build. Each NGB needs to create a product that players buy into. They eant players who have multiple eligibility to choose them and stay, not swap. They need to be building consistent teams for future matches.
They also need to play more matches (meaning fiji here).

The rlif has rules that promotes conpetitiveness and alignment with world sport, it's up to the individual governing bodies to do the brunt of the work.

Latest posts