What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi RaDrama

POPEYE

Coach
Sharpen up...she's not THE issue, she's an issue, or what she said is. She was 100% correct in what she said but the timing and the way she tangibly linked it to Semi stripped his right to presumed innocence. This was not the time for what she said. This guy will go through the normal procedure, or should be allowed to. These people climb on soapboxes because they know the media will blow it up, when the time to do so is once proper procedure has been executed.

It seems no one learned a thing from the SKD situation. He was stripped of all his rights, it severely affected his mental health and for what? An eventual not guilty verdict. And at the end, were Erin Molan and others there to warn of the dangers of jumping to conclusion and what we should learn from this? Like f**k. I'd like her to have SKD on the Footy Show and he can explain how someone's life can be turned upside down by false accusation and media pitchforking. Then maybe she'll learn a thing or two about professionalism.

and did SKD receive as vigorous an apology as he did a demonisation

carcharias

Immortal
Hahaha
Male commentators can say whatever the f**k they want
Yet when pretty much the only female voice in the game comments on something that
has been in the game and all over the news, she's out of line?
She's right
Her timing is perfect

Snappy

Coach
Semi Radradra charged with domestic violence

RUNAWAY NRL star Semi Radradra has been charged with three counts of domestic violence following allegations from his former partner.
Detectives wasted no time detaining the Parramatta Eels player moments after he stepped off a flight from Fiji about 10:30pm on Thursday at Sydney Airport.
Police took the Fijian straight to Mascot police station where he was questioned and charged with assault causing actual bodily harm domestic violence and two counts of common assault domestic violence.
This comes after the 24-year-old’s former partner Perina Ting made untested allegations that she was the victim of three attacks at the hands of the footballer- including one alleged assault when she was nine months pregnant.

Witnesses told The Daily Telegraph they saw Radradra being walked into Mascot Police Station handcuffed with hands behind his back.
Radradra was also served with an apprehended violence order but was granted conditional bail.
Radradra’s old flat mate and manager arrived at the station about 11:30pm where they waited for several hours before being snuck out by police.
A police wagon left the station at 2:30am to return 10 minutes later. Police then told The Daily Telegraph Radradra was gone.

Radradra will appear in Parramatta Local Court on Tuesday 5 July 2016

The Fijian flyer’s manager George Christodoulou was caught off guard and did not appear to know his client’s whereabouts after Hayne had emerged alone through customs.
Waiting at the airport for his star client to emerge, Christodoulou said that the situation surrounding the troubled star had “escalated”.
“It’s no longer a footballing matter ... football is far more pleasant to talk about, but unfortunately it’s escalated to something quite different,’’ he said. “It’s a police matter now.”
Asked whether Radradra would return to training today and play tomorrow, Christodoulou replied: “Well that’s the game plan at this stage.”
Radradra has been AWOL for 12 days, lying low in Fiji.
The Eels star’s much-anticipated return came as his former partner Ms Ting broke her silence on her claims Radradra assaulted her three times — an allegation the footballer’s sister this week said her brother vigorously denied. Asked to comment on her claims, Ms Ting said simply: “No one is above the law.”
As anxious Parramatta officials awaited the return of Radradra in the expectation he will play tomorrow night, Ms Ting said the recent drama had “been very stressful”.
Speaking outside her Telopea home yesterday, the 26-year-old said her decision to approach police with allegations of abuse was difficult.
“I am coping. It has been very stressful … my mother flew into the country yesterday.’’
She added: “No one is above the laws of this country”, as she clutched the couple’s young daughter in her arms.
Ms Ting would not specifically comment on the domestic violence allegations she made against Radradra on Tuesday, resulting in an interim apprehended domestic violence order being taken out on her behalf by police.
Fiji Rugby Sevens team *manager Rob Kauvesi confirmed Hayne had been given leave and would return to camp on *Monday.

Ms Ting would not comment on the domestic violence allegations she has made against Radradra on Tuesday resulting in an interim apprehended domestic violence order being taken out on her behalf by police.

The most damning untested claim is that the 24-year-old Australian player kicked her in the stomach weeks before giving birth to their daughter in *October 2014.
It is understood Ms Ting did not seek treatment immediately after the incident but went to hospital several days later after she noticed herself bleeding.
A source close to the case has said Ms Ting told medical staff about the incident and this was reflected in hospital records.
There is also allegedly a witness to another alleged *assault at the couple’s home *involving Radradra *allegedly punching Ms Ting in the face.

This claim is also untested and Ms Ting did not seek medical treatment after this alleged attack but was helped by the *witness. The third untested claim is that Ms Ting was pushed against a wall.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/se...e/news-story/5b0575095484eb976b6756fc97bf2005

Last edited:

MilkShark

First Grade
Far out, a movie could be written on this Eels crap.

Except it would be 7 parts long because everyday something new happens.

carcharias

Immortal
Why has she only decided to take this to the police now?

Maybe she is scared of him.
With Reports of him pissing off to France might have been the best way to stop him coming back .
Who knows
Does it really matter when it happened?
We all cheer when criminals are tracked down and busted years later.
This should no different

Last edited:
Maybe she is scared of him.
With Reports of him pissing off to France might have been the best way to stop him coming back .
Who knows
Does it really matter when it happened?
We all cheer when criminals are tracked down and busted years later.
This should no different

If she was scared of him she should have taken it to the police immediately and seeked protection of some sort.

Btw Semi hasn't been convicted of anything, so f**k off with your criminal bullshit.

betcats

Referee
Does it take more than accusations to get a charge like this? Like does there need to be any actual evidence? Im not doubting her or anything but if I went down to the cop shop and said "so and so' belted me a few times last year surely they wouldn't just go out and arrest so and so?

Frailty

First Grade
Does it take more than accusations to get a charge like this? Like does there need to be any actual evidence? Im not doubting her or anything but if I went down to the cop shop and said "so and so' belted me a few times last year surely they wouldn't just go out and arrest so and so?

The Police don't just charge on no evidence at all, but the veracity of evidence is what gets tested in court.

AVO's are a different story, I believe they are issued if there is a reasonable belief that the person seeking the order fears for their safety.

Frailty

First Grade
If she was scared of him she should have taken it to the police immediately and seeked protection of some sort.

Btw Semi hasn't been convicted of anything, so f**k off with your criminal bullshit.

It's been well documented the issues and problems that victims of domestic violence have in coming forward. You need to remember that these crimes are being perpetrated by someone you trust, and generally are looking for the best in them. Especially if they are pregnant and unlikely to be able to fend for themselves on their own.

Snappy

Coach

It's reported in the article above, that back at the time the alleged victim went to hospital a few days after the alleged kicking incident, and mentioned it to hospital staff, who then noted it in the medical records.

I guessing that this would constitute some form of evidence for this case.

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee

A close friend of mine went through this process when she broke up with her ex and he wouldn?t leave her alone, calling 50 times a day, leaving threatening messages, texting threatening messages, turning up on her property etc over a 6 month period. Getting an AVO wasn?t difficult but getting the police to a point where they?ll actually step in and do something takes some work. I?d assume that she?d have to have more than her story to back her up.

Knight76

Juniors
If Parra have any integrity they will suspend Semi immediately pending the investigation. If he s proven guilty he must have his contract torn up. The NRL if they are fairdinkum will de-register players and refuse to register them for a period much the same as with drug cheats.

It won't be a popular decision for some, but if the game is going to be seen as taking a meaningful stance against domestic violence then they must take action.