What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serie A

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if they are illegal sites and I'm assuming they are I'll have to delete your post if you dont edit it,

we dont allow links or promoting of any illegal streams

abpanther

Staff member
I haven't had a chance to watch much Serie A this season. How is Pastore going?

I have hopes that he can be the #10 that Argentina has been looking for for a long long time.

VictoryFC

Bench
I haven't had a chance to watch much Serie A this season. How is Pastore going?

I have hopes that he can be the #10 that Argentina has been looking for for a long long time.

Stuart Macgill all over again, just born in a bad era. I think he'll be very stiff, because at Copa America last year everything went through Messi. Pretty clear that Batista wanted him to be the trequartista long term. He saw A LOT of the ball, and was pretty good overall imo. Batista got the sack, and I havent seen argentina since, but I'd be surprised if Messi isn't used in the same manner at 2014. If Messi does keep that role, it'll be hard for Pastore. Unlike Messi though, its the only role you can see Pastore suited to.

abpanther

Staff member
Problem is from what I have seen at the international level, playing Messi at 10 doesn't play to his strengths.

We need a genuine number 10 who can control the tempo and feed Messi in the attacking third in space.

Pastore seemed to have potential to fill this role.

ShionKai

Juniors
With Messi at number 10 when fit Pastore will never replace him. Whereas Pastore has been more injury prone than Messi, (has he missed a game through injury this year? I dont think so).
Pastore started off the bench for PSG on the weekend. 2-2 draw with Montpellier in the top of the table clash. PSG ahead by 1 point.

abpanther

Staff member
Thanks for the news on Lamela, don't know anything about him, what kind of player is he, mostly attacking mid or a distributor ala Riquelme?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He played as a #10 at River Plate I believe, but he's been used mostly as a wide forward at Roma in a 4-3-3 (usually on the right).

Incredibly talented player who is still only 19, so to get called up to the Argentina squad shows how highly he is rated.

He still has a long way to go but for a 19 year old in his first season in Italy, he has so far played very well. His dribbling skills are a highlight but he is also capable of playing some killer passes.

Totally different player to Riquelme. He is tall, quick off the mark and a great dribbler, whereas Riquelme was never known for his pace or movement.

ShionKai

Juniors
I think at river plate he was more of a winger who cuts in from the sides.
There was a Fourfourtwo interview with him before he went to Roma.

2 Erik Lamela

Club: River Plate
Nationality: Argentine
He's the new... Rivaldo

At only 19, you are playing for River and tracked by Milan, Inter, Atletico Madrid, Manchester United and Arsenal. Do you sleep well?

Yes, I try not to play attention to what's being said about me in the papers, even if some figures are quite shocking. But I'm in no rush to leave. Actually, the opposite: playing with River is a dream come true. I know if I do well at River Plate, rumours will always be there. And eventually, I might consider a transfer.

You had the chance of being the new Messi when you were 12. What happened?

I had played a tournament with River and then Barcelona came knocking at my door. They talked to my parents, with the club and finally they invited me to travel to La Masia, just after Messi had made his debut. I took the plane with my dad and I met Ronaldinho and Eto'o, stayed there for three weeks, doing interviews for papers and TV. But in the end, my family decided I should stay in Argentina.

After all the media frenzy, you virtually disappeared for a while...

At the time I was short, but then I suddenly grew up and had difficulties coping with the new body. But my managers would always tell me to be patient and they were right.

Now you're wearing River's famous No.10 shirt. Do you feel the pressure?

I've never felt pressure. Playing football is my passion, and if the stadium is packed, it's much better. OK, perhaps I had doubts of how I'd react to a Superclasico against Boca, but after playing a couple, I have to tell you - it was amazing!

So after having the chance of being the new Messi, you now look like Cristiano Ronaldo! Have you copied his haircut?

Some team-mates tell me so, but the truth is I had to cut it. [Long-haired team-mate] Matias Almeyda told me that my haircut was outdated. "Either you go to the hairdresser or I'll grab the scissors," he told me. The next day, I had the new haircut.

You share another similarity with Ronaldo: you are always the target of defenders.

Most of them don't know my style of play - perhaps they think I'm trying to wind them up. But I always play the same, no matter if my team is winning or losing. And if they try to intimidate me, I respond, because I'm young but I've got my character. You play football with the ball, not with your mouth.

What's your favourite position?

In the academy I had always been a No.10 in a 4-3-1-2, but now we are playing 4-3-2-1, I like to start from the wing and have a panorama of the game. If you're a typical No.10 you often have your back to goal and don't know what's going on behind you.

What's your next dream?

To play the U20 World Cup, like my idol Messi did in Holland. I can't wait to know what the Albiceleste shirt feels like.

So in summary, he can play the No.10 position but likes to start out wide.