What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seu Seu in trouble?

Transporter2

Juniors
The Newcastle Knights have today terminated the playing contract of hooker, Terence Seu Seu. A club disciplinary committee determined yesterday the 20-year-old had a case to answer following repeat offences, culminating in a failed random breath test early Monday morning when he was charged with a mid-range PCA driving offence. Seu Seu was summonsed to front an urgent Board meeting with legal representation this afternoon and given the opportunity to present his case. After taking his previous off-field record into consideration, the Newcastle Knights Board and CEO voted to cancel Seu Seu’s contract.

League_God

Juniors
roopy said:
Tyne Owen.
I didn't rate him much last season despite him being picked for NSW, but the other night in the NYC trial they started with another bloke and the team looked like crap till Owen came on - and he had them organised in both attack and defence in minutes.
He is very like a young Bedsy - high workrate in attack and defence - gets the guys organised and the plays happening - often plays a full game.
He really does need to bulk up because he is Bedsy sized too

sounds the goods. btw i take it that you ment doesnt?

Spitty

Juniors
No other choice really.

Having said that it doesn't help anyone accept a rival club. Someone'll pick up Seu Seu for a cheap price and he'll go there and hit the cans just as hard as he did in Newcastle. Seu Seu's a bit poorer and hasn't learnt a lesson and Newcastle's a little more light on for talent. Meanwhile some club gets some good footy out of him for a cheap price and Seu Seu starts again with 3 more strikes.

Karmawave

Bench
Personally I'd much prefer to see Hilder the back up hooker than Young.

He has been solid playing hooker in the past at the Sharks, nothing brilliant , but he is adequate and experienced.

He has played 5/8 the majority of last year for the Titans, and also filled in at hooker.

With the NRL experience he brings, and long term experience in the role, he is the logical choice in front of Young at least at this stage.

Bicey_18

Bench
I wouldnt mind looking at Luke Priddis for next season... apparently it is tipped it will be his final year with the panthers.. a good quality dummy half imo probably the best option that would be available

NthKnight

Bicey_18 said:
I wouldnt mind looking at Luke Priddis for next season... apparently it is tipped it will be his final year with the panthers.. a good quality dummy half imo probably the best option that would be available

But he, like Buderus, is in the twilight of his career. We need a long term option (3-5 years) otherwise we would be back where we started.

League_God

Juniors
we need to find a young hooker 18-19 who is developing into a modern hooker (kicks from dummy half etc)

perverse

Referee
League_God said:
we need to find a young hooker 18-19 who is developing into a modern hooker (kicks from dummy half etc)
we should just develop one of our young halfbacks into a hooker.

*cough* dureau *cough*. :sarcasm:

Karmawave

Bench
perverse said:
we should just develop one of our young halfbacks into a hooker.

*cough* dureau *cough*. :sarcasm:

:lol: But hookers have to tackle! ;-)

Like 30 or more a game :lol:

League_God

Juniors
perverse said:
so let's teach him to tackle.

exactly what i said in another thread!

IMO dureu could be a gun hooker!
seriously he can pass, kick, organise, he just needs to learn how to grow a dick and commit a little more in defence, would also help him if he were to bulk up.
apparently he is reasonably quick off the mark, am i right? could be wrong.

then karmawave can have his beloved Walshy playing halfback.

i would love to see dureu come of the bench this year and fill in for bedsy.

Latest posts