What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seymour + More (Rumour)

Meth

Staff member
Well, if he does stay at the Storm, I can almost guarantee it won't be because its an attractive club for players to come to.

Besides, part of the reason some of these no-names are becoming stars is because they have been playing alongside stars- illegally assembled stars

JSINISTA1

Juniors
I heard that should the storm have to break up which is looking likely at the end of the year, and should Blair be one of the players having to leave, that he was interested in going back home to play for the warriors. I don't think it's all about the money for him, it's more about where Rugby League could be in the future for NZ. I had also heard that Lima could be linked with the warriors but I don't think he's the type that thinks that far ahead.

Seymour's fracture now confirmed

http://www.radiosport.co.nz/SportsNews/spleg/Detail.aspx?id=176491

Huge blow for Warriors

6/1/2010 3:56 PM Brett Seymour's fractured leg deals a massive blow to Warriors chances of making NRL playoffs
The Warriors' chances of making the NRL playoffs have been dealt a massive blow, with playmaker Brett Seymour fracturing his leg.
Seymour suffered the injury during Friday night's big loss to the Tigers in Sydney.
It is too early to say how long he will be unable to play for and medical staff are undertaking further assessments. Seymour has hardly featured for the club this season, after breaking his thumb earlier this year.

H0ust

Juniors
Well, if he does stay at the Storm, I can almost guarantee it won't be because its an attractive club for players to come to.

Besides, part of the reason some of these no-names are becoming stars is because they have been playing alongside stars- illegally assembled stars

Regardless illegally or not, Storm developed them into who they are ;) Therefore shows that Storms development programs and support staff are exceptional. Also they werent illegally assembled they were illegally retained, theres a difference ;)

Meth

Staff member
Regardless illegally or not, Storm developed them into who they are ;) Therefore shows that Storms development programs and support staff are exceptional. Also they werent illegally assembled they were illegally retained, theres a difference ;)

Fair enough

My point is that the Storm may not be as 'attractive' as it has been in the past now that there is going to be a lot more scrutiny.

Rich102

Staff member

Can't deny that. The Storm created them; then broke the rules to keep them.

hitman82

Bench
Fact: the Storm are going to lose a heap of awesome players - haha at their fans who are picking and choosing who they think (desperation anyone?) will stay and keep their team much the same as it is now.
Fact: no pay cuts for existing contracts.
Fact: a bloated roster of greedy (hence the required cheating) players who will see the $$$ rival clubs (including us) will offer for their services and be falling over themselves to sign up.

I'm not that keen on changing coaches again so soon. This year we are actually doing pretty well considering the injury toll. If we miss the 8 this year and look like crap with the awesome roster 2011 is promising, sure my tune may change.

The Blair rumour sounds awesome. I really hope he signs up, assuming he will be used as a prop.

Seymour out. That sucks. Looking forward to seeing Isaac John get a run anyway

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Gotta love threads like this, the emotion, the passion, the claims the therefore counter-claims.

Blair has every chance of leaving just like anyone else, wait till the mental side gives way, there are players probably dirty and finger pointing already.

I would be pissed if I was a recruit, playing for nothing.

Hey H0ust since you (claim) know everything about the (cheating) Storm and are a professor on the Warriors.

So Bellamy getting booted in 2012, can you say for sure there is no contract extension?

If not where is Bellamy headed for 2012?

Gets off pretty scot-free in regards to the cap situation all that sh*t "I love these boys, I love this club, we will overcome this, as one" then he is gone end of 2011

If only our club had some of the same fantastic financial backing to develope our club, oh how good it is too be rich you can buy premierships....oh hold on! just to be taken away....thats right

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
1 question I haven't seen this chap answer, where is Bellamy meant to be going

Also on another point, they are in fact illegally assembled, Brett Finch is the prime example of that

ozreece77

Juniors
Has Kearney actually done anything to warrant head hunting him?

Everyone knows the only games that he won as kiwi coach were when Wayne Bennett was there holding his hand.

Rich102

Staff member
Has Kearney actually done anything to warrant head hunting him?

Everyone knows the only games that he won as kiwi coach were when Wayne Bennett was there holding his hand.

Perhaps. But:
* He has played as part of a premiership winning team - he knows what it takes.
* He has coached at the most successful club of recent times.
* He has Kiwi affiliations.
* He is a dynamic leader.
* He is well respected in the game.
* He has served his apprenticeship as a coach.
* As his relationship with Bennett shows, he is not too big to ask for help.
* Players who have played for him respect him.
* He can lift players to perform.
* He is ready to move up.
* He would probably be keen to head back to Auckland.

Skinner

Coach
Perhaps. But:
* He has played as part of a premiership winning team - he knows what it takes.
* He has coached at the most successful club of recent times.
* He has Kiwi affiliations.
* He is a dynamic leader.
* He is well respected in the game.
* He has served his apprenticeship as a coach.
* As his relationship with Bennett shows, he is not too big to ask for help.
* Players who have played for him respect him.
* He can lift players to perform.
* He is ready to move up.
* He would probably be keen to head back to Auckland.

You missed one Rich.......he is unproven as a NRL Head Coach. Most of your points could be in reference to Tony Iro - who is also unproven.

Go for the very best you can get, I say.

Rich102

Staff member
You missed one Rich.......he is unproven as a NRL Head Coach. Most of your points could be in reference to Tony Iro - who is also unproven.

Go for the very best you can get, I say.

Unfortunately he changed clubs last year!

wavell_cowboy

Juniors
im just wondering where people are getting that kearney is being groomed to take over bellamy in 2012. Didnt he knock back the broncos job and move his whole family down only 18 months ago. I cant see bellany leaving the storm anytime soon. He will do a wayne bennett.