What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SF storm 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Well that was another mighty effort undermanned and away from home. We nearly got there but it wasn't to be in the end. It's very difficult to complain about that loss as they gave it everything.

The first 20 minutes we were absolutely reamed by the ref culminating in the infamous no knock on decision followed by a penalty and then a try. Out of embarrassment Klein then decided to give us a fair go with the penalty count 3-3 from there.

A shout out to every player for hanging in there and taking the lead giving us a chance to win. I hope pauga doesn't dwell too long on that last try because he did everything he could, his opposite number just made a play so good luck to him.

Ultimately having all those injuries cost us a win IMO but overall we got what we deserved for playing shit the first half of the season. If we play a bit better in that period we either have this week off or are playing at home. I will post a 2023 synopsis thread with more detail during the week but Im confidant of this team making a top 4 run in 2024

I think the team will take a lot out of that and will be all the better for it next year

3 - Rads - the last 2 weeks he was phenomenal and he added ball playing this week. This version of him is an x-factor that only exists at penrith and souths elsewhere in the comp IMO. More of that next year please.

2 - May - my goodness he has come on very well the last month and is a must to re-sign. I remember his debut last year where his first run he nearly ran straight through Penrith. He had been so so since but has found his spot now

1 - Sandon Smith - I'm not sure what else he could have done in 18 minutes. Another phenomenal find this year and Watson is no longer the automatic 14 IMO

Time to take a break, reflect on the year and have a full and proper off-season working on that attack because the defence is in place and elite.

Finally, our proud club is still alive in 2024 with the flegg boys in the GF as well as the NSW cup (bears). Both playing next Sunday in their grand finals. The women's side are also a red hot chance to win the comp

Easts to win.

I totally agree. As I wrote in the other thread, it wasn't to be on Friday night, but gee I am proud of the boys. Irrespective of who won, I think that Penrith are going to win next week's preliminary final and the opponent effectively would be making up the numbers. That is not sour grapes on my part - I believe it is a fact. Time will tell. Next season is looking very bright for us, so that will do for now.

H.H

Juniors
Unbelievably I'm still yet to see the game. It was my daughter's birthday so we were out for dinner.

I kept track of the score and shortly before we were home we were down 12 - 6 and as I walked in, turned the tv on I saw Walker pot his field goal. I couldn't believe we were leading.

I was gutted to lose from there. The 6 again on the last tackle in the lead up to the try was an absolute killer. I reckon he milked that too, but good luck to him...got away with it.

I reckon we're a massive shot next year, if we can just get rid of this goddam f*cking injury curse. Enough is enough.

The way that Billy and Sandon Smith, May, Wong and even the likes of Egan Butcher have come on in the back end of this season was enormous. Whyte was also hitting his straps before injury, Collins finally played to his potential consistently and Radley had a sensational last month and if he can maintain that look out.

Leniu and Young to add to the squad too. Look out I reckon, huge chance next year.

Thanks for the year as always fellas, finished alot better than we would've thought only two months ago. Pennies will win the comp without a doubt unless major injury strikes.

Let's do it again in 2024. Easts To Win!!